Invalid Application for the Dodgeball server. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think you are reading what Evo has typed.

Mic spam is mic spam. It doesn't matter if it is fun or not. If even one player doesn't like it, you must take responsibility and deal with it accordingly. You cannot favour your friends, which in this instance, you would be.

So far, only players and an ex-admin have told you this is not a viable or consistent policy. So it does not have to come as a surprise that you stick to your views. But what if an admin, say your mentor, tells you that you cannot do it this way? In that case it's your superiors ensuring everyone applies consistent policies. Would you change it then?

Yes ofc I would. If an experienced Admin tells me to stop doing it my way, I would stop. The thing is just, that there are no actual reasons, to kill fun even if it's some kind of mic-spam.
And by the way, I don't want to insult anyone, so if you think, that I insulted you with any of my statements, please tell me.

I'm saying again, it doesn't matter who it is, it's about what the guy is doing.

The person who was doing the mic spam(wich you called fun) was screaming "PIKAAAAAA PIKAAAAA" idk if it's just me but that doesn't sound fun at all.

• Agree
Reactions: DrunkDoc
I do not think you are reading what Evo has typed.

Mic spam is mic spam. It doesn't matter if it is fun or not. If even one player doesn't like it, you must take responsibility and deal with it accordingly. You cannot favour your friends, which in this instance, you would be.

Actually, that is not what I was trying to say. Deep said that if someone doesn't like it, it will be dealt with. What I said with my post is that even that attitude is problematic. You can't always know whether people don't like it, and you would have to make clear to everyone (even players who join throughout the game) what is going on and why this person is allowed to do what they are doing. But you can't apply this practice consistently. So anything that would be considered micspam has to be dealt with, regardless of what people think of it. It doesn't matter if it is 1 person or 5 people or if seemingly no-one cares.

Yes ofc I would. If an experienced Admin tells me to stop doing it my way, I would stop. The thing is just, that there are no actual reasons, to kill fun even if it's some kind of mic-spam.
And by the way, I don't want to insult anyone, so if you think, that I insulted you with any of my statements, please tell me.

Okay, that's what I needed to hear. It's one thing to have your own policy and stick with it even when others advise against it; it's another to not know your place and just do what you want even if your superiors told you to change it.

• Agree
Reactions: XenoX and Deep
I would really like to stop this conversation about mic-spam... This may sound like I'm running away but it's just like.. If my method it actual sh*t, tell me how to improve on it. You all know, that I've never did something like that, so I would really like some actual advice.

• Funny
Actually, that is not what I was trying to say. Deep said that if someone doesn't like it, it will be dealt with. What I said with my post is that even that attitude is problematic. You can't always know whether people don't like it, and you would have to make clear to everyone (even players who join throughout the game) what is going on and why this person is allowed to do what they are doing. But you can't apply this practice consistently. So anything that would be considered micspam has to be dealt with, regardless of what people think of it. It doesn't matter if it is 1 person or 5 people or if seemingly no-one cares.

This looks like clear rules, I'll try to do it like that in the future, if I get accepted.

I played a bit with @DeadSworn and it felt like he wasn't really giving warnings, but rather give punishments, that aren't that hard. If that's the right way to do it, I'd do it that way.

• Informative
@DrunkDoc Instead of disliking and disagreeing on everything maybe you should give a reason why you are againts this app :p Like.. you are a new admin after all.. seems like if you got something againts an application it should be noted since this information can be crucial.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Deep
I played a bit with @DeadSworn and it felt like he wasn't really giving warnings, but rather give punishments, that aren't that hard. If that's the right way to do it, I'd do it that way.
I think you should warn them before punish them because maybe they dont even know what they are doing wrong?

So I do like.. a mix of it? :D
I would tell them what they did wrong before punish them because you can't know all rules if you dont play aktive on the server... And so everyone deserver a chance to change ...

i reviewed each of your posts in this thread and decided instead of creating a +1 -1 or 0 post i would just decline and show my informal idea on this application. much easier and i dont need to comment on it

As an admin i think you should comment on it and give a good reason why you think she should be accepted or denied and not just a' much easier ' you are supposed to give good feedback and not quick and uniformed answer.

As an admin i think you should comment on it and give a good reason why you think she should be accepted or denied and not just a' much easier ' you are supposed to give good feedback and not quick and uniformed answer.
as temp admin i was choosing to stay more out of others business

• Disagree
Reactions: Deep
I would tell them what they did wrong before punish them because you can't know all rules if you dont play aktive on the server... And so everyone deserver a chance to change ...
You're right, I guess I'll do it like that

as temp admin i was choosing to stay more out of others business

Wouldn't it be better to show what you are worth as an admin? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread