Invalid Application for the Dodgeball server. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep

Banned
Name/Nickname:

My name is Rachel. My nickname is Dêêp <3 Pikachuu~ but my usual name is Dêêp
I am 17 but in my profile it says, that I'm older due to a missclick.

Who gave you permission to apply?

Well, no one really gave me the permission, but many players on the Panda-servers told me, that I should try to apply and yea, here I am.

Steam ID:

I don't really know what a Steam ID is, but I'll just post what it says to me: [U:1:209905734]
(If i miss something, tell me what).
http://steamcommunity.com/id/deepchu
STEAM_0:0:104952867

Online Times and timezone:

Current Timezone is CET
(It won't change in any time soon)
Which server do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
I would be applying for all the Dodgeball servers (preferably EU)
because that's the server I'm always playing on. But of course I would help out on every other server if needed.

Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins)

No, sadly I do not have a microphone, but if needed, I'll get one.

Previous experience as an Admin or Moderator:

I don't really have experience as an Admin or Mod, because I never really played online games, but since my Boyfriend "introduced" me to Tf2 I look forward to see the communities as many others.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I don't have any kind of experience, but like the other things, I look forward to it

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I started to play on Panda about a year ago, when I first played Dodgeball I was a total newbie and I stole alot of times(about 1 week), but I never really did something wrong the past months so I think that's a good sign. :p

I've always tried to be friends with every Member of the Panda-community and I can probably keep on doing so. Even players I don't like deserve their Respect, so I wouldn't do stuff to negate their fun.

Another thing to mention is, that pretty much every time I go online (when the servers are full), I don't see any Admins around, except sometimes Deadsworn and I think that it's a problem to leave stealers, blockers and sometimes Voicechat-spammers alone.

And well, since members like me due to my -quote- "friendly behavior" I think that I have good odds to be liked as an Admin.

What will you do as Admin?:

If I get accepted to the team, I will try to keep the most fun possible on the servers. As well as that, I will never discriminate anyone else. I will try to be friends with every other player and I'll try to keep insults and all other negative stuff to the minimum.
*Edit* I'll try to accept opinions from others, as well as use them to choose the actual punishment.
and for the actual question "What will you do as Admin?" I will keep the servers secure and fun. If someone does something wrong, I have a special punishment for each broken law. I will always try my best as an Admin and I won't ever break the laws on purpose.

In Game Policies:

Stealing Rockets: Slayings and warnings, after 3 warnings they will be kicked from the server. If they keep on stealing, I will ban them for 4-12 hours after the 10th steal. I will ensure watching for harm rockets meaning that the stealing player just didn't want to die by accidently running into the rocket.

Blocking players on the other team: after 3 warnings they will be kicked from the server. If they keep on blocking, I will ban them for 1-5 hours after the fifth block. Since this can be an accident, I will ensure to not immediately kill/kick the player.

Killing of own teammates: Warning and kicked from the server after the second attempt, if attempted again will be banned for 1 hour.

Continous Orbiting will never end in a ban or kick. I would kill the player every time if he doesnt stop, but since there are players that want to "circle" at the end, I do won't anything except they get over the 30 second mark.

In chat:

Chat/Voice spamming: 2 warnings and if action continues, player(s) will be gagged and/or muted for 30 minutes, increasing as needed. after the 3rd time, you'll be banned for a day.

Language(s) other than english in voice/chat: Receive 3 warnings and if action continues, player(s) will be gagged/muted for 1 hour.

Racism/Sexism/Any type of Harassment towards others: Only receive 1 warning and will be gagged/muted for 3 hours if continued 6 hours is next step

Admin Disrespect: Only one warning and the player will be gagged/muted for 5 hours.It won't be tolerated. Sometimes it's a Meme/joke so I will either continue punishing or apologize for my actions.

Other Actions:

Call abuse: 3 warnings, second action and you're kicked, if action continues, it will result in a 1-3 hour ban (depends).

AFK Players: Will be moved to spectate if inactive for at least 10 minutes so others can play. If inactive after 3 hours, the player will be kicked.

Any type of Admin Impersonation: I will immediately rename the player. If not changed back it will result in a kick/24h day ban.

Hacking: I will try to look at the reactions of other players, to ensure that the target is actually hacking. If needed I will ask other Admins for their advice. Hacking will result in a 1 week ban/perma ban

I choose to apply to keep the servers safe and at their most fun. Since I have no experience and No one gave me actual permission to apply, I don't see this as accepted.
But I would really like to be an Admin and keep everything secure.
I hope you have information you need, if not, tell me.
If you have Feedback write it down, I'm always open for improvement.

Your Dêêp :)

Last edited:
Nice app! i would personally say add something to the "What will you do as an admin" as in go more into detail about the 'negative stuff' but for the rest
tumblr_n1pu8qhmoG1r7l27do1_500.gif

• Optimistic
Reactions: Deep
The ID that is required is a Steam2 ID; you put the Steam3 ID in. A Steam2 ID has this format: STEAM_0:1:35486052. You can't get it from in-game anymore via "status" but it's still easy to find via the internet.

Idk if this is of any importance, but I saw you yesterday in the dodgeball 1# server and someone from your friendlist called "PIKACHUUUUU NEVER DIE PIKAA" was stealing and micspamming, when I asked about if anyone called on him you answered me with the following

42879d395362ffbea3d845a6e4564d30.png

I honestly think this isn't the right attitude for an admin, as an admin even if no one complains I'm very sure micspamming and stealing is against the rules of dodgeball (if it's not then my bad)

Monkeyz-senpai
Since he was stealing.. I would ofc do something against it(like warnings, killings, kicks or even bans). But as long as he is just making fun in voicechat and no one complains, you don't have the right as an Admin to take the fun of the server. If it was just him that had fun and most other players would tell him to stop.. well, you can guess what I would do.

Monkeyz-senpai
Since he was stealing.. I would ofc do something against it(like warnings, killings, kicks or even bans). But as long as he is just making fun in voicechat and no one complains, you don't have the right as an Admin to take the fun of the server. If it was just him that had fun and most other players would tell him to stop.. well, you can guess what I would do.

e) Mic spamming
Playing music, singing, or sending otherwise non-communicable noises over the microphone is forbidden. Screaming is not tolerated and is a one-way ticket to a permanent mute. Additionally, the admins have the right to mute you if the quality of your microphone is deemed too bad to be understandable, or if your voice is deemed too immature in an annoying way (i.e. “squeaky”).

Reactions: Deep
Monkeyz-senpai

As an admin you don't have to sit around and wait untill someone complains. If you know what they are doing is spam or offensive. you should act.

• Agree
Reactions: XenoX and Deep
But what would you get of it, if the majority of players wanted him to continue?

Micspamming is a difficult issue. Who decides what "fun" is? Whenever I found a guy funny I let them do what they were doing. But if I didn't like it (sometimes caused by a bad mood) I'd take action. I noticed myself doing that, and realised that that is much too subjective. One person cannot decide what "fun" is. So it depends on the server. Would it be allowed to go beyond the borders of what is normally considered micspam if the server considers it fun? The problem in that line of thought is that it's hard to even tell whether the entire server likes it. Some people leave silently; they don't complain. You may say "that's their problem", but if they think that clearly this is allowed behaviour, why would they think they can stop it just by saying the word? And then you could say that you can tell people that they can say the word if they don't like the micspam. But what about new people joining who instantly hear the spam? Are you going to repeat your message every single time? Because what happens if people don't see your messages but do hear the micspam? They may think it's accepted behaviour and micspam when you happen to be gone.

Yes, it can actually happen like that. It may sound stupid, but that is how things go. You have to be careful. There is a myriad of problems that come with accepting a policy that hinges on so many factors that are impossible to police. You may be accused of favouring, because face it, that's how it can come across if you make even the slightest mistake in executing this. People may miss your explanatory messages and think micspam is accepted, thus doing it themselves after you leave without malicious intent. People can leave silently without complaining, thus you wouldn't ever know they didn't like the micspam to begin with. And the list goes on. There's something to say against each of those little points I have mentioned, but I decided at some point that overall it is just too risky to adopt the policy you have in mind, so I started engaging with every micspammer in a consistent manner.

well, ofc you need to go up against law breaking stuff as good as its possible, but in that case I would honestly let him do his stuff. there was i think only 1 guys that had a problem.. he muted the mic "spammer" and it was fine. If new people came onto the server, that said stop or just relax, I would go through the warning and kicking stuff as if it was normal. just like Evo said, it's difficult to argue voice chat rules. Everyone has his own laws to go against spammers.

• Informative
  • Dislike
Reactions: DrunkDoc and Speedy
But what would you get of it, if the majority of players wanted him to continue?

If you allow it for one person. you should allow it for all of them. Mic spam is mic spam :p

Reactions: DrunkDoc
I'd still think you can make a good admin but you need some good mentoring by someone like @DeadSworn

If you allow it for one person. you should allow it for all of them. Mic spam is mic spam :p

Well thats a good statement, but I go with what I said, as long as it's acceptable and pretty much everyone likes it, I won't go against it.

• Dislike
Wel thats a good statement, but I go with what I said, as long as it's acceptable and pretty much everyone likes it, I won't go against it.

Well see it would show your a fun admin but you said that 2 other people were mic spamming to and you found it annoying, saying they should get punished. But as your friend their mic spam would be allowed so would theirs be, as it would be you favouring a friend over the rules even though you punished other people doing the same thing.

I'm just saying but I wish you much of luck with the application but that image you have is not good.

I don't like making multiple posts on applications, which are supposed to be clean. But someone has to ask the question and it may as well be me, right now.

Wel thats a good statement, but I go with what I said, as long as it's acceptable and pretty much everyone likes it, I won't go against it.

So far, only players and an ex-admin have told you this is not a viable or consistent policy. So it does not have to come as a surprise that you stick to your views. But what if an admin, say your mentor, tells you that you cannot do it this way? In that case it's your superiors ensuring everyone applies consistent policies. Would you change it then?

I think you picked it up the wrong way. It's not about who did it, it's about what exactly he's doing. If we look at some, that actually spam with annoying noises or not understandable noises, there is always something to do against it.. but if there is a guy, that tries to entertain a bit, even if it's perfect or not, we shouldn't kill the fun.

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread