Accepted Application for Deathrun (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing what @Madact has said and thinking about how much myself and Madact know Joe I understand where she is coming from although with everyone talking, about him leaving then coming back to be honest he came back almost less than 24 hours after leaving stating that he was sorry and that he felt, obligated to 'follow the pack' I for one have to admire Joe's courage and everything because before, he applied we were having a 5 minute conversation in Mumble and he said that he was not completely sure if he should apply or not due to the fact that, he stated "There are people who do not want me to re-apply" but honestly I have to say that regardless on who wants you to apply, or not if you feel you are ready to apply again and it has been the 1 month time span then you should apply.

When Joe was talking about it I could hear in his voice that he was worried and giving it second thoughts.

That is my 2 pennies worth.

Seeing what @Madact has said and thinking about how much myself and Madact know Joe I understand where she is coming from although with everyone talking, about him leaving then coming back to be honest he came back almost less than 24 hours after leaving stating that he was sorry and that he felt, obligated to 'follow the pack' I for one have to admire Joe's courage and everything because before, he applied we were having a 5 minute conversation in Mumble and he said that he was not completely sure if he should apply or not due to the fact that, he stated "There are people who do not want me to re-apply" but honestly I have to say that regardless on who wants you to apply, or not if you feel you are ready to apply again and it has been the 1 month time span then you should apply.

When Joe was talking about it I could hear in his voice that he was worried and giving it second thoughts.

That is my 2 pennies worth.
What really takes courage is standing by your decision and resisting the urge to re-apply.

Last edited:
I wanted to stay out of this, but by request, I guess I'll post here.

Personally, as I said on your last application, I don't see you as an admin. You can continue acting as the green little helper elf, but that's it.

You don't have to be an admin to help out, Joe. Report players, notify admins on Mumble/Steam/whatever way of communication you can come up with. You do help out, sure, but in my eyes it's for the sake of your past being forgotten so you get all the biased +1s in the world on your application.

You've shown that you're shit enough at making decisions and sticking with them. Zero conviction whatsoever. You've been on trial two fucking times now. We all know the story of your first trial and the second one ended recently - you weren't fully welcome within the group so you came crawling back here.

And for the third part...You're as two-faced as it gets. You're constantly on Mumble. Sure, you're socializing by the definition, but you've been playing the victim game for too long. Manipulating is what you do best and most of the people here, in my opinion, are victims of your wrongdoing. Sorry, but you're as fake of a person as a person can be. You're either an extremely nice, ass-licker of a victim or a person who's pretending to be tough because he has admins to back him up.

Hope the people you manipulated come to see reason and understand that two times is enough and they shouldn't put faith into something or someone that's going to severely let them down on the third time.

I'm not going to post any vote here- it's pretty obvious.

• Informative
Reactions: Zeprus
Currently my thoughts about joe comming back as an admin are kind of mix'd up, first of all on his second trial period he was doing a good job as an admin, he has also helped me and others to enforce rules on DR.

But really guys, think about it, does he really deserve a third chance? The way he left really shows that he can value what people think about him more than being an admin here.
I am honestly really concerned with people's straight + votings, is it going to look the same way if mermite or lukas re-applies?

As Hawwis has mentioned, joe can be manipulative. During "the drama" Joe was sometimes on one side and sometimes on the other side. What I mean with this is that he could talk shit about one person and later go that person and talk shit about someone else. Joe, I understand that you want to be on everyone's good side but the way you do it is wrong. You are usually very nice to me but I can imagine alot of things that you have said behind my back.

I am not going to vote, you will just get a taste of what I currently think.

Reactions: Joe
Currently my thoughts about joe comming back as an admin are kind of mix'd up, first of all on his second trial period he was doing a good job as an admin, he has also helped me and others to enforce rules on DR.

But really guys, think about it, does he really deserve a third chance? The way he left really shows that he can value what people think about him more than being an admin here.
I am honestly really concerned with people's straight + votings, is it going to look the same way if mermite or lukas re-applies?

As Hawwis has mentioned, joe can be manipulative. During "the drama" Joe was sometimes on one side and sometimes on the other side. What I mean with this is that he could talk shit about one person and later go that person and talk shit about someone else. Joe, I understand that you want to be on everyone's good side but the way you do it is wrong. You are usually very nice to me but I can imagine alot of things that you have said behind my back.

I am not going to vote, you will just get a taste of what I currently think.

Thank you for feedback red spike I understand, I try to be on people's good side but I think I need to realize I can't. Anyway thanks for this, I'll improve no matter the outcome.

• Friendly
Reactions: MichaelWebb100
I do agree, Redspike. However, I like to see it this way: when people have done something wrong that they know they have, they clearly have learned from their mistakes. In this case, I am pretty sure Joe won't do the same mistake again and even try to better himself a bit with the manipulative part. Sure, giving a third chance could be risky since it could show that we don't give a duck about what he has done and that people might start to do the same thing, but I still stick to my opinion that he does deserve another chance.

After getting all the parts of the puzzle, by asking what happened in the past and checking your previous applications, I believe that I now have enough cards in my hands to reply there, even if I did not want to.

From my point of view, you're trying to build frendships with everyone here, and I can't tell if that's just due to your personality or only to get positive opinions just to feed your ego and prove to this community (and at the same time, to yourself) that you changed (I might have my idea on this though); and in that case, it's working; judging by the many positive supports, justified or not, that you received, but I guess I'm one of the few who think that people can't change.

I want to start this application out on a personal note because I want to say to all those who supported me on my last app I am truly sorry, I messed up and wasn't thinking through a situation that ended up with me being removed but I have learned from my mistakes and want to have another chance to make it up to those who gave me a chance and show them that I can do this. I also want to say I am truly grateful for the chance you gave me last time.

That's what you wrote on your 2nd application, after being demoted, and that's what proves me that you're not worthy of a third chance, even because no one deserves a third chance imo, but also due to your lies to the entire community, wrote above, saying that you learned from your mistakes (that's not nothing, that can't simply be only words for you guys), just to get a tag back, without understanding the meaning and the importance of what it really is.

You're "friendly", "helping a lot", always "reporting rulebreakers", and then? Are these the only requirements to become an admin? That'll never erase your past, and, you will still be able to do so, even without an admin tag.

Finally, giving away +1 votes that easily, just because someone is :
  • "friendly"
  • convinced you that he "changed"
  • just trying hard to become an admin
shows how irresponsible some of you can be. It also demonstrates that the current application rating system has gaps and has to change.

Not giving any votes as I doubt it would count anyway.

You have a point in what you're saying, Clic. I just want to point out that he was doing a great job as an admin his second time in April, but gave away that chance when he split up with the others, which leads me to the conclusion that he has already shown his admin duty and should only make up for the mistake he did by leaving, hence the manipulative part. We may only be blinded by the politeness and activity, but that does not matter too much since we already know how he handles admin work. I also see that we should treat everyone equally, despite the experience and all, but I do not see how we cannot include how he actually did his work while being an admin his second time, all we're doing now is not looking on if he will be a good admin, instead this is more like a "alright so I've bettered myself, am I ready now?" in my eyes. So yeah, that's what I responded to.

• Agree
Reactions: Joe and DeadSworn
about that just to get things clear about myselfn since this is starting to make some noise my comment on his first reapply "unhappy of your crew ??" was ironic, i was part of the few hwo voted yes allready. i also do not really like the turned their coats that easly" some people may have realised that joe deserve a last chance after the vote.

ass-licker
rude.

I thought about this again after reading other's messages. Last time when bunch of admins left saying "part of the crew" thingy, you started to laugh and laughing, for you that was funny situation. When i was joking about banning all trials, you forced me to do that.

After that situtation, you realized, that you lost most of your friends including Lukas, treat, mermite, broski and others, that you were bad admin/person, saying "i was victim". But something in my brains and heart says, I need to give new chance to you, but some how, i'm afraid, if new panda drama comes (i really hope that will never happen again), if admins are leaving, whos are closest friends to you, are you leaving too?

lets change my positive to neutral. However if you get another chance, dont ruin that and saying that you was victim.

I want to thank you guys for coming out with the truth of what you think, but I'm sure we don't need to start judging other peoples' opinions on their votes. Though I do agree you guys need to think about giving your vote over the reason just because 'he's friendly'.

You know what, I'm going to give my +1.
When Joe was an admin he was doing pretty fine. His attitude and actions though that where not related to how he was as an admin are something that need a heavy caution. Can he be trusted again to fulfill him improving? After his 3rd chance we're giving a lot of leeway and I get it. But Joe was a good admin, unless I should know something that I don't. So long as Joe has a very lengthy trial period (I'm talking a good 6 months) and I don't want to hear him complaining about him not getting full all ready, blah blah. He should know that his actions need to have some form of consequence instead of just apologizing and it going. This community forgets easily what has happened and seems to forgive way to easily. I'm actually glad some of you do remember what happened and are taking it into consideration. I'll take it in to, but since he didn't do anything wrong on the servers such as admin abusing and such...Like he still kept solid on the server for a good long time. That report made about him was a result of me telling him to give that punishment, so no valid admin abuse reports really either. It's just the willingness to do anything to get on peoples' good sides. I don't want him to not hand out punishments because of his friends, but I think recently he's seen the effect of that happening and hopefully has learnt from at least that one.
I'll stand by my vote because he did his admin duty well. But I want him to go on a long trial period and me as his mentor with watch as well from all the other deathrun admins, including the trials.

Welp, hope the sharks don't come after me. If you want to tell me I'm making a mistake then fine, but if we're going off on his admin ability only he has done nothing wrong on that behalf.

bump.
just bringing back the attention here.

Though really, no offence to Joe but I'd rather have the promotions first rather than the new admin apps rolling in. It seems a little rushed, it's like been like 6 days. This can sit for another week.
Unless you mean attention in the form of more votes, then shoot. It's just unclear what you mean oxygen :p

yeah what i meant was not saying accept or decline but more votes ^^

• Agree
Reactions: Madact
this thread is slowly being forgotten bringing back the attention here, so that we can close it.

• Agree
Reactions: MichaelWebb100
accepted, you're on very thin ice tho so watch your footsteps.
dont use shit like any kind of sm_fake related stuff cause i will watch the logs very properly this time.
behave like an admin should behave and ignore others who talk shit about you.

• Dislike
Reactions: MercyOnly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread