Anyone who says a lenny face gets instantly kicked/banned (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once in Blackout Aurora (Programmer of the group) made it where you said the face you would say in the chat "im a loser" It was pretty good because so many people would do it xD but yeah i don't really mind it plus thats a really excessive punishment.

Once in Blackout Aurora (Programmer of the group) made it where you said the face you would say in the chat "im a loser" It was pretty good because so many people would do it xD but yeah i don't really mind it plus thats a really excessive punishment.

i think to humiliate a person publicly like that is unnecessary, and i think a ban/kick is excessive, but i do believe that we have to do something about it. perhaps a filter, of sorts?

Joe, I just said that in my comment. It wasn't 'I'm a loser' it was 'I suck'. It got remove after a day it was put up cause people complained. Please don't repeat what I've just stated.

Here's the thing, if you filter out lenny there are all sorts of other emoticons like that. Though most uncommon, most lenny bind users don't just have the one bind, they have more.
Such examples;
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ - ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡ ͡° ͡° ʖ ͡° ͡°)
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ) [ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)
( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

You start filtering out lenny, they'll either 1. Bind something else or 2. Complain.
If they are regulars that is. Seeming as though someone mentions it's high tower and a lot of people do it apparently...Then I'm assuming regulars.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
Joe, I just said that in my comment. It wasn't 'I'm a loser' it was 'I suck'. It got remove after a day it was put up cause people complained. Please don't repeat what I've just stated.

Here's the thing, if you filter out lenny there are all sorts of other emoticons like that. Though most uncommon, most lenny bind users don't just have the one bind, they have more.
Such examples;
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ - ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡ ͡° ͡° ʖ ͡° ͡°)
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ) [ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)
( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

You start filtering out lenny, they'll either 1. Bind something else or 2. Complain.

It wouldn't be entire impossible to filter out messages containing a single part of the unicode, would it? To merely eliminate the source of the bind itself could potentially help ward it off. I'unno, I don't work with actual plugins personally. I know of filters, though.

1. Other binds won't have the same spread and spam capability as lenny. And even then, if they're spamming their new bind, we can simply act upon that.
2. People complain when they get muted for micspamming. People complain when they get slayed for excessive spawncamping. People are going to complain either way if they're punished for breaking rules. That's just the way the world works.

From what I've experienced it's simple to avoid the filters so long as you put spaces out. Of course, it'll limit it. But all of this over a lenny face...I don't know what the issue is exactly. If they're spamming it as a group, control it. But it's just the one off guy, I'm sure it's tolerable till he/she actually spams it.

d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

This rule is incredible flexible. Especially deemed otherwise irritating. Play this card when someone does it. Problem solved.

Unless someone here knows how to filter or whatever it's called, we're going to be running around in circles. Plus, Kevin will have to agree.

avoid the filters

Ah, sorry. I'm referring to removing messages that contain a piece of that unicode. Selecting the most commonly used part of and filtering out messages that contain it would certainly curb the usage of it and there's no way to get around that unless using completely different unicode at which point it becomes obsolete.

Of course, it'll limit it.

I think that'd be ideal.
A small decrease in the usage of them would be nice, imo.
But hey, that's just my opinion.

Admittedly, I can ignore it. Ultimately, it is just a group of pixels. It's just down to the general preference. I will admit that I know most people would be against the removal/purging of it, and I will leave it at that.

d) Chat spamming
Flooding the chat with the same message or with useless, unintelligible content that disrupt communication or are deemed otherwise irritating is forbidden. Additionally, refrain from typing in caps.

This rule is incredible flexible. Especially deemed otherwise irritating. Play this card when someone does it. Problem solved.

That's right. The rules were meant to be broad yet clear, and flexible as you said. This because I cannot be bothered to spend a lot of time specifying everything so that there can be no dispute about it. I leave them flexible so that the admins can make their own reasonable calls and suit their own judgment; in the meantime it's easy to argue with players who disagree because you can't say it's not in the rule.

This does not mean however that no mistakes can be made. If an admin punishes for some usage of lenny that is not characterised by spamming just because it irritates them and this news gets to us, they will find themselves being criticised by the rest of the team and in danger of losing their position upon repetition.

If an admin punishes for some usage of lenny that is not characterised by spamming just because it irritates them and this news gets to us, they will find themselves being criticised by the rest of the team and in danger of losing their position upon repetition.

Yeah, to punish someone for merely using it occasionally would be insane.

I shall continue to ignore its occasional usage, with the exception of actual spam, as is expected.

Unless of course it's filtered.

People who can't even manage to ignore a smily face they dislike, laughing at people complaining?
Did I ever say that I can not manage to ignore it? Nope. If you read through this thread again you'll see that I never actually complained about the Lenny face.

Please, don't make me laugh.
Don't worry.

Is it possible to filter the nose? I doubt anyone would use that for an actual sentence.

Or the brackets and eyes and mouth

That's not something I'd even taken into consideration for some reason, simply filtering the eyes and mouth as separate entities would prevent people getting around filters, theoretically.

The nose, or the eye formation, all the parts are never going to be used in a sentence, and could therefore be used to identify and block the message.

Should also be used to block out a majority of pointless unicode spam, since the majority of faces convey literally no emotion or meaning to a sentence.

Just not brackets, essentially, since they CAN be used here and there... rarely...

The nose, or the eye formation, all the parts are never going to be used in a sentence, and could therefore be used to identify and block the message.

Should also be used to block out a majority of pointless unicode spam, since the majority of faces convey literally no emotion or meaning to a sentence.

Just not brackets, essentially, since they CAN be used here and there... rarely...
A normal smiley ):

(Background music, start at 0:58)

YES. YEEEEES! ALL OF MY YES! FINALLY! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

• Agree
Reactions: violet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread