Anyone who says a lenny face gets instantly kicked/banned (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, no warning or anything... Just kick and ban!? Damn son, why play games to have fun when you can have so many rules to break :mad:

Dammit Kev!? Y u agree!? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Wow, no warning or anything... Just kick and ban!? Damn son, why play games to have fun when you can have so many rules to break :mad:

Dammit Kev!? Y u agree!? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yes cause lenny face is so lame since this isnt lenny community and after a time it gets annoying

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
If you want an actual reason spend an hour or two on the hightower servers - especially on the weekends when the bindspammers come out to play

If you want an actual reason spend an hour or two on the hightower servers - especially on the weekends when the bindspammers come out to play

Then report them for spamming, I love my little lenny bind and i'd hate to lose it due to people not being dealt with correctly (no disrespect meant towards hightower admins or likewise)

Then report them for spamming, I love my little lenny bind and i'd hate to lose it due to people not being dealt with correctly (no disrespect meant towards hightower admins or likewise)
He's not referring to actual chatspam(which of course would be gagable) but rather just random lenny faces all over the chat by like 5 different people. Nothing we can do against that at this point in time.

i heard of another server group i admin installing something that instantly filtered messages that contained that. or the other option was also kicking them, which i fully support. the face contributes nothing to the chat, community, or game. it's completely unnecessary and i would personally like to see us being allowed to act against it.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy and Solid
When I came on panda I removed my lenny bind cause it's too addictive to press x)
I don't mind the face. It's just when it gets spammed it comes under spamming sooo then it's against the rules.
But yeah, on the previous clan I was on if someone put a lenny face it would come out as 'I suck'. But people got annoyed about it that they made a poll just so they can do lenny face. And guess what? lenny face won.

I have a happy and sad unicode that I like, since smilies are useful. But when people spam the shit out of random lenny faces or unicode binds that don't even respond to anything or mean anything, yes, it pisses me off. I often client mute people on other servers if they do.

Check a few pages into this to see what I mean:
http://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/504621

I'm all for a lenny filter and the surrounded spammed faces.

I once bound lenny to mouse 3.

Didn't work out for Mann vs Machine.

Yeah I would generally go along with everyone else, it's annoying yes but its not rule breaking so only if its spammed can it be kick worthy.

i remember a month or so ago, i checked the chatlogs for #10, and literally something like 30/50 of the first page of the logs were that stupid face. it spreads like a virus too. if one person spams the face, some other impressionable person will pick it up. i have seen that happen far too many times and i wish there was a way that it could be dealt with.

I have a happy and sad unicode that I like, since smilies are useful. But when people spam the shit out of random lenny faces or unicode binds that don't even respond to anything or mean anything, yes, it pisses me off. I often client mute people on other servers if they do.

Check a few pages into this to see what I mean:
http://gameme.panda-community.com/player_histories/chat/504621

I'm all for a lenny filter and the surrounded spammed faces.

The link shows a lot of different spammed binds, why so prejudice towards Lenny?

Note: I'm not trying to humanise Lenny or anything daft.

Last edited:
The link shows a lot of different spammed binds, why so prejudice towards Lenny?

Lenny has attained meme status and therefore is far more common than those. That is merely a small section of the chat and the widespread spam of Lenny faces is way worse than what is displayed there.

Lenny has attained meme status and therefore is far more common than those. That is merely a small section of the chat and the widespread spam of Lenny faces is way worse than what is displayed there.
Agreed, but it feels like you're (not you personally) dis-allowing one spam but letting others go through.

In the end, I'm just a normal player and my vote counts for nil, but I see Lenny face as a little harmless banter. Though people do get annoyed, I reckon a majority of people will get more annoyed if it gets disabled. Additionally, I haven't seen many Lenny's on the servers I play on (Mario Kart, Freak Fortress, recently Hightower and Deathrun) but thats just one jar of yeast's personal opinion on the matter.

Agreed, but it feels like you're (not you personally) dis-allowing one spam but letting others go through.

In the end, I'm just a normal player and my vote counts for nil, but I see Lenny face as a little harmless banter. Though people do get annoyed, I reckon a majority of people will get more annoyed if it gets disabled. Additionally, I haven't seen many Lenny's on the servers I play on (Mario Kart, Freak Fortress, recently Hightower and Deathrun) but thats just one jar of yeast's personal opinion on the matter.

The way I see it, the mere fact that one macro, so to speak, on its own, appears in the chats at such a high intensity and frequency is enough to classify it as spam. I dislike all forms of unicode personally, but most other forms when compared to Lenny are far less frequently used.

I think Hightower is the place I see the most of Lenny personally, but that could be built-up-Lenny-viewing from 30 days of played time on the server and no means to vent my frustrations about the damn meme.

The way I see it, the mere fact that one macro, so to speak, on its own, appears in the chats at such a high intensity and frequency is enough to classify it as spam. I dislike all forms of unicode personally, but most other forms when compared to Lenny are far less frequently used.

I think Hightower is the place I see the most of Lenny personally, but that could be built-up-Lenny-viewing from 30 days of played time on the server and no means to vent my frustrations about the damn meme.

Each to their own I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread