Declined Admin Application for #25 Trade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyWaii

- Your name and/or nickname.
My name is SkyWaii ☁ ( Julien in real life, and " Juju " about my nickname :3 )

- Your age.
I am 18 years old ( 30 May 1997 for information )

- Who gave you permission to apply?
To be honest, I think nobody gave my the permission to apply, but Baron Münchhausen sent me the link for admin application, because I was, and I still am interested about the post.

- Your Steam32 ID.
Here is it > STEAM_0:0:47568641

- Your general online times and your timezone.
Well, I am present pratically every days, weekends too. I can be online the morning but I am generally present on afternoons & nights. About my timezone ... I would say 3pm ~ 12pm: All the day in weekends.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes I do: I sometimes talk to everyone and try to make my english better, about pronounciations & explications.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator.
I never was admin of all my life to be honest ^^ But I basically know how to put a good atmosphere, etc.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Yes I do, I basically know the commands ... not every of them, to be honest.

Why should we choose you?
I am an active person, I already play on your Trade server since maybe 1 year ( Maybe 15.000 points ~ ) and I really enjoy to be on c: I can be a really good help for everyone, and a possible source of good ideas for everything. I am really friendly, always kind with everyone, comprehensive, respectful & helpful person.

What will you do as Admin?
I will send the best gameplay to everyone: My main action is making everyone happy to play on your server. As I already said, I am comprehensive: I will take the best choice available. About punishments, I warn the player one first time to stop is action. If the player do this error again, I send him one last chance. In the third case, I kick him for a valable reason. Again, I don't have any experience about administrating, but I do my best for every cases announced. About hackers, I check how the person is "playing" then I spectate him to watch his gameplay. If the player respond favorably to my expectations: I ban him from the server, with the valable reason.

Reactions: Deep
Well then,
* Your Playtime is > 5 Days and you have no recent bans, commblocks or declined applications, making you eligible to post an admin-apply
Personally I never noticed you doing anything mentionworthy negative.
Something I don't like is your Chat-History. More specifically the smileys, they make up like 50% of your entire log. This is something you should work at.
Although I don't know how other admins see this (feedback?)

Coming to your application, it has the proper format (this already qualifies you more than >50% of all applicants).
There sure are some spelling mistakes, but that's not really an issue, it's just important that there are no communicational errors with other players.
"Baron Münchhausen" was me by the way (referring to OP).

I'd like you to post a more detailed description of the punishments you would give out for different rule-violations.

Reactions: SkyWaii
Hello mosteraz,

Firstly, about smileys: I can stop to use them easily, I just enjoy to play with my friends & everyone. I am a serious person and I can do some efforts about that.

About a description of punishments >

Chat/Mic Spamming - Innapropriate language - Offensives actions - Abusing of resources/call admin/etc: I warn the player one first time to stop is action. If the player do this error again, I send him one last chance. In the third case, I kick/mute him for a valable reason. I count these like "a

(Sorry, the next is here >)

I count these like "a basic punishment"

Hack - Racism & insults - Disrespect against one admin/myself ~maybe~ /etc:

Hack - Proving the player is hacking first, spectating his gameplay, watching how other players react at this person. Solids proves only. If yes, the player is banned from the server, with a valable reason.

Racism & insults -
Talking with the player who's racist, trying to change his thought. Rebel ? I warn him to stop. Third case is a kick, with a valable reason. If I meet him again in game, and he still insults/ is racist against something, I ban him with, again, a valable reason.

Disrespect against one admin/me -
I would try to make the player calm, changing his thought. Then, it's the same as Racism & insults.

---

I hope this description is enough for you. If you want anything other, just ask. You're Welcome.

• Informative
Reactions: mosteraz
just letting you know that your app is under review.
you will be informed within max. 24-48H about the final result.

on hold for now till there is more feedback on the application itself @Gameserver Admin
therefore re-opened.

Alright, I will wait until Admin(s) writes his/her thoughts about me.

If someone needs information, I am always present for, and would be glad to help.

Ah, SkyWaii I see you have made an application. I've seen you a few times on the trade server and I feel like you are a polite player.

Apart from the minor mistakes on your app it all looks good, (as you said, you try to improve your abilities to speak English and whatnot). You have common sense along with the ability to notice rulebreakers. I would give this guy a shot! +1

Note: Since you are from France, your timezone is GMT+1.

Thank you very much, Da Random :3: I really appreciate your message.

I wish you a great day, take care and have fun, buddy.

Just realized I actually didn't call a final vote yet.
Since your Chat-History has improved now, I don't see a problem with giving you a +1

• Funny
Thank you mosteraz :3:

Same as Da Random, I wish you a great day, take care and have fun.

I wasn't aware you have an application running. So I didn't comment earlier.

Under normal circumstances I would probably give you a +1, you're friendly, remind others of the rules, active etc.
and you seem to react to feedback. At least your chatlog improved after Mosterazs comment.

But there are two things that bug me:
- Your application is pretty short even with the added missing things. Maybe you could add some more to "Why should we choose you?" on your next App. I'm saying next app because:
- After recent events that I'm not going to name in detail here, you know what I'm talking about, I have to assume you never took a closer look at the rules and therefore don't know them all. Knowing the rules is a crucial part of administrating.

For now it is a -1 on my part. Every staff member that's interested in those details may send me a pm on the forums or steam.

I agree with @inu. He said one day, a trade server admin should need some knowlegde about high tier unusuals or some pretty expensive weapons. This admin should know how to infilitrate scammers/phising guys with links. We need to protect our players! Trade isnt only a fun server, you should know how to deal with these guys.

@SkyWaii has a 120 key backpack. At the first view, i thought its decent to apply for trade, but i looked into his backpack and saw nothing expensive to be honest. I dont want to be offensive, but i dont know if you're the right choice.

My comment doesnt count in any way and is only to inform some admins to make the decision more clear.

Maybe you remember me from trade, i was the guy with the unusual medi gun for a few days

@Zeprus, I would be glad to add more details on the next app. Like I said, I am always here for any information, private or not. To be honest, rules for me, it's that:

https://www.panda-community.com/threads/gameserver-rules-16-07-2015.3409/

And I count what I did, like "Not wrote, not forbidden". I sincerely didn't know that could exist, and I am very sorry for that. Now I know it exists, I promise I won't do it again. I can't prove you that I won't begin it again, but I am really trustful, and when I promise something > I never come back on.

After, maybe one update for the rules of the servers is needed ... But again, I never knew and I am really sorry for it.
---
@Fiescha, I see what you want to say, but you can't judge someone on his backpack.
Currently, I am level 53 on Steam, I have a pretty good backpack, I am 18 years old ( Conclue that I am smart and I can take decisions, being comprehensive, etc. ).

About protecting players of the server ... Well yeah, I agree with you, but it probably sounds like:

Advertising other products or other communities, or otherwise unwanted advertising, is forbidden.

[ Yay, I remember you, dude. I hope you're fine c; ]

Since I spend a good lot of time hanging around on #25 aswell, I think I'm gonna give my thoughts for this one.

You've listed numerous points on how you will keep the athmosphere good. Too bad, it's no that much about the admin (ofc the exception for bringing some innocent fun for the playerbase, which tbh mostly ranges from 10-15yo and enjoy such stuff alot(looking at Madact ;))) But what I've seen on trade is mostly spammers and people insulting "tryhards". Obviously stopping the latter brightens up the mood tho but the general keeping up the vibe doesnt in my eyes really fit in admin's to-do list . As @Fiescha commented about inventory value and unu knowledge and such, I dont see any reason for our trade admin knowing anything about unusuals as the trading on the server limits on weapon and crafthat business for 99.8%.
(When I call out selling my unusuals, ppl mostly trade me to see unusuals or offer scraps for them lol)

And for some of the policies of yours:
Hacking - You just record a demo with obvious signs of hack and slap a 1d ban and contact a full admin to show your proof for a permaban.
Racism- I personally have no tolerance for rasists, from the first racist comment i'd ban straight for 30min, no exceptions.

Blatant insults towards admins - if the player isnt aware you are an admin, I would gag for a short period of time to let the person think what to say next time. However if the person insults you when he knows your position and/or disrespects your adminhood, I'd treat it as racism.

As a player you seem polite and well behaving, but seems like you could use some more observing and digging in on the thing before hopping to work.

Feel free to ask me for more opinions etc.
I will provide all my knowledge and help I can put out :)

• Funny
Reactions: Madact and SkyWaii
Thank you for being helpful, alperrt :3:
I appreciate your " punishments ideas ", and I will care about them.

You've listed numerous points on how you will keep the athmosphere good. Too bad, it's no that much about the admin

Also, don't forget that I was never admin of all my life, so if I need to learn something or I don't know how to proceed > I could know it from one older admin, like a support.

Thank you for being helpful, alperrt :3:
I appreciate your " punishments ideas ", and I will care about them.

Also, don't forget that I was never admin of all my life, so if I need to learn something or I don't know how to proceed > I could know it from one older admin, like a support.
Thus the point I made about observing some more :) You're in my opinion on a good base atm, just a tad more experience on the daily life of the magnificent #25 and you're good to go :)

Alright alperrt, I will just do what you said.
Observing before acting, and possibly learning every cases can exists, and could be employed on the server.

I am patient but sorry, I can't wait anymore, I am tired to.
Not in mood at all since a week, I would like to stop applying for your trade server #25.

No need to tell me " you may apply again in 1 month ... ": I won't apply again.

Thanks for Mosteraz, Da Random and alperrt, for supporting my application.
Thanks for Zeprus and Fiescha, for their opinions.
Thanks for Kevin, for informing me how is going the application.

Thank
you for reading this message, I just can wish you a beautiful day / night.

~Have fun & take care~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread