Accepted Admin application for #05 versus saxton hale by Syntex v2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntex

- Your name and/or nickname
Nickname: Syntex

- Your age
I am 20 years old.

- Who gave you permission to apply?
I don't need a permission, since im older than 15 and you're looking for an admin on #05 VS Saxton Hale.

- Your Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:1:435829501

- Your general online times and your timezone
My timezone: UTC +1
My activity: Right now I am online around 14:00 pm to 01:00 am. When work starts again it's mixed, so sometimes i will have time in the morning and sometimes in the evening.
On off days im online between 14:00 pm to 01:00 am.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I am usually playing on VSH #05 and that's were i wish to apply. Yes i would.

- Do you have a microphone?
Yes

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I was an admin for about 6 months on a popular counter strike server.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
The counter strike server had sourcemods so yes.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I've been around for quite a while now in this community. I was toxic and i broke rules in the past, but that completely changed tho.
I grew up and also i took a long break from Tf2 and now i am back.
Since i am back my behaviour surely changed, i stopped breaking rules and i am now a pretty friendly player.
Also I would not have made this application without a long conversation with Matth beforehand.
I believe that i could be a good and fair admin now and i suppose matth thinks the same.
I am also friends with almost all regulars. It doesn't effect my fairness tho.
I believe im a very fair person and every rule breaker gets treat the same.
Also there are currently not that many admins and often if i play, people break the rules.
I think if i get admin i could handle the rule breakers.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
So i know there is a "stacking" system that means every ban/mute/gag should increase in time. Before punishing a player, I will warn him over admin chat and microphone and tell him what he is doing wrong.
It obviously depends on the situation and the rule that is being broken, but if he doesn't react to my first warning, he will get another one and after not reacting to the second warning, the right punishment.
Stacking ban/mute/gag times:

1. 60 minutes / 1 hour
2. 480 minutes / 8 hours
3. 1440 minutes / 1 day
4. 10080 minutes / 1 week
5. 43200 minutes / 1 month (I personally find this long timeout useful so his/her behaviour might change because it's his/her last chance.)
6. Permanent mute/gag/ban

(If the rule breaker has previous bans/mutes/gags from other admins i might adapt to their time scaling.)

Specific rules:
Hacking/Third party tools: Permanent ban with a recording of the incident.

AFK: 1. Kick (With warning to not do it again in kick message) - > 2. Kick (With message that next times its a ban) 3. Ban (With the time system above)

Camping/Delaying: 1. Warning, telling him/her to move. - > 2. Giving him/her a timebomb so they move and removing it, if they do so. - > 3. Kick -> 4. Ban (With the system above)

Failhale: 1. Asking the hale to play (short reaction time for him/her) 2. Slay+Kick (With kick message that /nohale and /resetq exist.) 3. Ban (With the system above)

Nude/Racism Spray: 1. Warning and telling him/her to remove the spray. 2. Permanent sprayban

Information about me:
My Hlstatsx site
My Chat history
My Sessions
My Communication blocks (8 blocks, 1 being invalid/unbanned, last block: 05.09.2018)
My Server bans (4 bans, last ban: 30.08.2018)
First app (got marked invalid because my mute was only removed 1 week before i made the app)

Current trials and full admins:
- @Matth
- @Racer911-1

~ Syntex

Well there we have it like you told me since yesterday. Im not much of a good talker so ill go to the pros and cons now

PROS

- Application is clean and simple
- Clean chatlog
- Punishments are good (there is something i want to point out later below)
- Friendly. Never saw any problems or cant remember any
- Warns players to not Rulebreak

CONS

- Not much Forum activity. Personally I would prefer you to atleast talk a bit in the shoutbox or something so more people atleast get to know you (Its not that bad as a CONS)

NEUTRAL

- Activity is OK, can be better but is acceptable at this moment.
- The Bans you listed are confusing to i need an explanation.

First of all the ban list you made is almost perfect for me.
Only do i think that the first 2 bans can be a little expended from the:
1st one: 1 hour > 4 hours
(optional) 2nd one: 8 hours

Now to the Sourceban links you posted which need to be cleared.
When i look at the Sourcebans from your steam ID i get this: Bans/Comms
Your links lead to other people having the same name but Different ID's (here both the Bans and Comms you listed)
Upon i decided how it happened i just decided to write in your name in the Sourcebans instead of your id and get the exact same Bans and Comms.
When looking at the URL's and comparing them i noticed that you looked for your bans and comms by writing in your Steam name instead of ID. Its not a terrible mistake but please only use the Steam id in the future to look up certain peoples profiles.
Can you verify if you actually did that?

But summarizing this all i think you're fit to do the job especially since its basically only Matth and me being the only VSH admins left (not sure what happened to pilon).

Ill be giving this a +0.9 now.

Hey racer thanks for the quick and detailed answer.

So in your con's u say my activity in the forum is not that much. I completely agree with u there and it will rise if i get admin. Then u say i should talk a bit more in the shoutbox so people get to know me more, i can understand that point, but i think most people know me pretty well since im in this community for quite a while.

To my "ban list" i can only say thats what i feel like is a good time. If i receive admin i will sure have a talk with matth about the ban times if i should change them a bit.

To your point with the sourcebans i verify i searched for the name Syntex and not my ID, but thats because i played on a different accounts years ago. Normally i search for Steam ID aswell, but in this case i searched for my name since all the punishments in the sourcebans i linked are on my person. It is just a different account. I switched accounts for personal reason it had nothing to do with panda.

Hello Syntex, thanks for applying. First of all, I start by saying that I removed Pilon from the mentioned admins cause he has asked for resignation.

The applicant is active, very friendly and polite, and continuously helps players with rules and stuff. Also clean chatlogs and voicechat.
Very good application, complete and detailed. Just something little to fix on the stacking, but overall that's good.
1. Lack of forum activity isn't a real problem at all. Many trial/full admins are active almost only on servers, the place where being active really matters.
2. Activity is surely OK, could it be more? Ofc, it could be always more for every applicant, but idc cause it's very good enough in this case.
Atm we totally need admins, now that it's just me and Racer since early March and any kind of help is needed.
3. About the commbans, some clarification: Syntex used to have an old main account and also the new account he is actually using as main.

Final words from me: I still can't believe how much you changed since you used to be toxic and spread much sh*t in the server, 2 years ago.
We talked a lot before you posted this. Luckily people grow and can change positively, and you are evidence. All the bad past has totally gone for me.

Thanks for all your effort, man. Hoping to see you in our team. +1

I am well aware that I am not an admin before i get a ton of people kicking off at me for commenting on an applicants profile, but I was an admin when syntex was considered a rather toxic player and was one of the admins who gave him punishments.

If you had told me that syntex was going to apply for a vsh and be a very strong candidate I would have laughed in your face last year, his change has truly impressed me. I won't vote or anything just wanted to say that from someone who honestly didn't really like or enjoys syntexs presence on the server at all he is truly well reformed from whatever behaviour he had and would surely make a good admin as others have pointed out.

So this was done faster than expected so I've held off in case of any other feedback from other sources like Magglet here (Plus there is a 1 to 2 week cooldown now). I believe I'm safe to close this up now with all the admin feedback given. Any other feedback about the applicant please message me.

Any incoming inactivity or questions let me know via a PM, steam or discord. Good Luck ::):

• Happy
Reactions: Syntex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread