Accepted Admin Application by iamhuman (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Your name and/or nickname

My name is human (previously known as purple).

Your age

I am 20 years old.

Who gave you permission to apply?

I was given permission to apply by @Semicolon Backslash on 3/12/2022 at 8:20 PM EST.

Your Steam32 ID

STEAM_1:1:60726659

Your general online times and your timezone

My time zone is Eastern (EST, UTC-05:00)
The general times I'm online is whenever I'm off from work (12:00 PM - 5:00 AM EST)
If I am working, I'll most likely to be on for at least 1-5 hours after I get home from work.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I spend a majority of my time on the Jailbreak server, and I would love to specifically apply for that server. I can also take care of reports on other game servers if possible.

Do you have a microphone?

I do own a clear and working microphone with no echo or feedback.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator

I started in 2014 as a very young admin on an old community known as PBFortress. They were one of the largest community servers ranging from 2012 to its eventual downfall around 2017. I remained active on the server until 2017, when they started losing players. After that, I migrated to Wonderland.tf. Wonderland is where I earned the most experience staffing on Jailbreak, Saxton Hale, and many other gamemodes. I do admit my time on Wonderland was pretty rocky, I was a lot younger and going through that typical teen phase most of us go through. If you do require more information on my experience on Wonderland, feel free to DM me on Discord on Steam and we can discuss more. After I moved away from Wonderland, I found myself on War3Evo. It was a very small community with many veteran staff members who have been with the community since its beginning in 2012. I was a staff member for a few months until their player count started collapsing. My history on War3Evo was much more positive than my previous term on Wonderland. I was about 18-19 when I started moderating on War3Evo, and I am much more professional than I was previously on Wonderland.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

As mentioned, I have years of experience with SourceMod. I am aware of all the different plugins that we usually had installed on the other Jailbreak servers I staffed on.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I've only been part of Panda for 2 years, which is miniscule compared to many of the veterans here, but I have made a positive impact on the servers since I've started. I realize that I have mutes on my record, and a majority of them are for non-soundboard related micspam (i.e. yelling, high-pitched voices), and I am fully aware that my next mute is permanent and that I'm walking on thin ice. I have been pretty loud on the server previously, but I have much improved within the last month and I plan to keep it that way. Apart from this, I have redeeming qualities that I'll express from here on. I am known to be confident, outgoing, and charismatic. These traits assist in properly communicating with other players and staff members. I have years of Jailbreak experience, and I am always watching everything that goes on, it's part of the reason why I'm able to rebel efficiently. I'm keen and attentive to what the guards and prisoners are doing. This helps me to better catch any foul play on the server that someone else might miss, which creates a safer environment. I can form a space where players aren't grabbing my attention for inappropriate sprays or toxic players, because I will be there to handle the situation before it becomes an issue. Most importantly, I have a positive influence on a majority of the regulars and veterans who are on Panda daily. We have equal respect for each other, and there is less likely to be a case of arguing or questioning my decisions as I have shown to be a great and positive player who is proficient in the rules and regulations.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

As a moderator, I will be overseeing the server and ensuring that players abide by the rules. Additionally, making sure rounds are smooth, repeats are given, freedays aren't illegally forced, and most importantly, allowing players to have fun. We all play video games because we enjoy them, and I will strive to be a staff member who can keep a pleasant experience on the server rather than a dull one. I will also be checking the forums for reports, appeals, and applying useful feedback if necessary until a full-admin promotion where I can then deal with these appeals and reports.

Micspamming or Chatspamming, overly provocative behavior, racism, etc. (sm_gag, sm_mute, sm_silence)

- Give a clear warning
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 10,080 (1 week)
- 43,200 (1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Freekilling, Favourtism, not knowing rules in general (sm_slay, sm_teamban)

- Slay and referral to our Jailbreak rules via the forums
- 120 (2 hours)
- 240 (4 hours)
- 480 (8 hours)
- 960 (16 hours)
- 0 (Permanent)

Mass Freekill (sm_teamban)

- 0 (Permanent)
- A ban for 10080 (1 week) [sm_ban]

Exploiting (sm_slay, sm_ban)

- Slay and clear warning
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 10,080 (1 week)
- 43,200 (1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Cheating, Hacking, DDoS (with proof) [sm_ban]

- 0 (Permanent, with a full-admins Permission, and proof via demo file or recording)

Innapropriate sprays

- Give a clear warning (sm_sprayban?)
- 0 (Permanent)

Useful Information

HLSTATS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=517150
CHAT: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=517150
SESSIONS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=517150
ACTIONS/EVENTS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=517150
BANS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_1:1:60726659&Submit=Search
COMMS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:60726659&Submit=Search

Full Admins

@Bambi
@Semicolon Backslash
@Kazzy

Trial Admins

@Ian
@TRGGB2
@Zee
@Valen

If I missed anyone, I apologize, I am going based on who I've seen and who is active on the Jailbreak servers.

Epilogue

Hey guys, I just wanted to add some backstory talking about my old application to better explain to staff what I was doing during that time.

I when I played on Panda back in 2020, I was known as "purple." I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the server, and quickly applied when I found the opportunity. I retracted the application when I realized that I may have applied too soon, and although some staff members were on board with me starting my mod position, others weren't. I discovered another Jailbreak server which I switched to after my application, not necessarily because I was denied, it was because the server reminded me of PBFortress, a favorite of mine for Jailbreak servers. Eventually the playerbase became very toxic, and I came back to Panda, which I quickly realized to be much more fun than the previous server I was on. Additionally, I was reunited with many old friends, I feel it's important for me to mention this because many players thought I left because my application was denied.

Thank you.

good evening gamer,

I'm not too surprised to see this, as we did have ample warning. You're also the first person I get to bully by writing feedback. Congratulations on being my testing subject.

I'll start with the good:

I'd say you're quite a bit like me. You fuck around a lot, but you can get awfully serious if necessary. You know the rules quite well, which surprisingly is a requirement for being an admin these days.
1647143845763.png

Your sessions are.. concerning. Are you okay, man? This could just be you being afk, but 9 hours of jb in a single day would put most of us in an asylum. (pls learn to turn off your computer fam)
Speaking of your sessions, you manage to fit into a nice little niche in our current schedule, or so it seems. You're often online when a lot of us are in bed, which does put you in a good position.

You're well liked in the community, which is a feature of not being one of the super-serious types. People know that you're fun to be around, and this coupled with your general knowledge of the game and gamemode makes people gravitate towards you. You did mention you were charismatic, after all.

You have a surplus of experience, and likely won't have to spam the highers with questions like I did. I love you Racer, you taught me more than you probably should have.

Your punishments are the standard, but there's just one teensy little mistake that I'll mention. Intentional MFK's get a standard stacking ban instead of week. A minuscule mistake, and one that you likely would have been told be another if I had not done it just now.

You're active on the forums, so no need to change there.

Cons:

Our team is pretty full

There's the stint that you left for another community. I personally don't care at all, but I thought it should be mentioned.

I have no right to talk bad to you about your punishment count, because look at mine lmao.

That's all I've got.

Overall:

You're a well-liked, good-intentioned member of the community. You help out lots.

I'll wait until others have posted their feedback to give a 100% vote, but I am currently Neutral with a heavy preference towards a +1.

View attachment 21360
Your sessions are.. concerning. Are you okay, man? This could just be you being afk, but 9 hours of jb in a single day would put most of us in an asylum. (pls learn to turn off your computer fam)
Speaking of your sessions, you manage to fit into a nice little niche in our current schedule, or so it seems. You're often online when a lot of us are in bed, which does put you in a good position.
I understand your concern for my sessions on JB. I can assure you that I do not spend more than 1 hour being afk per session. I am on for a majority of these sessions.

I fully realize Jailbreak can get a little exhausting, especially for admins. But I've been playing jailbreak since CS:S as an 7 year old. It's been 13 years and I'm still enjoying everyday I'm on.

Team Fortress 2 is the only game I play, so all of my hours are specifically on TF2. I don't play any other games at all so my free time results in all this time spent on Jailbreak.

Reactions: Idiet
Well now. Back to me writing that @Random Coffee Table essay again huh. :pepega:
Heya Human or should I say Purple. Thanks for taking your time to apply. I'll warn you I'll be critique this app extremely so expect me to go in and out what I do like and don't like.
Same thing as with my other apps for feedback. Pros first to get feedback on what you done well and Cons last so that you have some motivation from the Pros to fix.

Pros:
- First off, nice constructed app. Love that you put your time into making this app and it really shows.
I realize that I have mutes on my record, and a majority of them are for non-soundboard related micspam (i.e. yelling, high-pitched voices), and I am fully aware that my next mute is permanent and that I'm walking on thin ice. I have been pretty loud on the server previously, but I have much improved within the last month and I plan to keep it that way.
- Nice that you acknowledge your mistake there. A lot of times where your mic is kinda loud and ear-piercing and sometimes lead to RCT mistakenly labeling you for micspamming or voicechanger. Otherwise, great job on acknowledging it. I won't go over sourcebans count since you and Valen share the same trait but Valen has more punishments than you do.
- Your timezone is PERFECT! A lot of calls couldn't be handled around 1am - 10am EST so that leaves the door to some rulebreakers. This is what we wanted since a lot of our team is mostly eastern time.
- Punishment wise is ok. I'll warn you that teambans is based on server time and not real time. 16 hours is already beyond since Its just a perm teamban but shorter. Nothing to write about since you will be given the punishment list once you get accepted or you can use your own.
- Nice that you have experience with admining on other servers. Nothing to write more about though but its a great plus.
- Other than that, you are friendly and you are a great person to have around. Chatlogs are fine and you make reports as well and active to say the least.

Alright, lets move into cons shall we.

Cons:
- I'll have to agree with Valen here, your sessions are a bit concerning. Some of the times I see you AFK on jailbreak but that is when I didn't have powers yet so I'm unsure if you are active still. I won't hold this against you here but I do want to warn you. Play when you feel like it. Don't play just to prove to us that you are capable of handing jb. That is the first mistake I took and that lead to me with potential burnouts.
- I'll say this again and to many of my apps I post, work on your warnings since you are not a admin yet. Directly telling people to not do that or that will lead to people doing it more. Make sure you warn that person that what they are doing is against the rules and not just a you issue. Make sure your warnings aren't robotic or just automated.
- I also want to talk about this certain mute right here by Gold.
1647199487725.png

This mute was very specific. You were reported and once that report got accepted. You said this in your profile post.
1647199557466.png

Then you just ran off to SG. Why did you ran off when that report got accepted? Is it because jb is physically unplayable once you got muted. I know this is 6 months ago but its really worth mentioning and I discussed this with the jb team as well. My concern is that what happens when something goes wrong and you don't see fit to your preference? Are you just gonna take off? Although that being said, I've seen you that you can stick around but I want to experience you for a couple of days till I give my final vote.

Same thing I did with Valen's application. I want to play with you for a couple of days until I can give my vote. For now, I'm abstaining my vote but leaning towards a +1.
That is all, have a great day Purple.

Vote:
Abstained / Neutral

This mute was very specific. You were reported and once that report got accepted. You said this in your profile post.
1647199557466.png

Then you just ran off to SG. Why did you ran off when that report got accepted? Is it because jb isn't physically unplayable once you got muted. I know this is 6 months ago but its really worth mentioning and I discussed this with the jb team as well. My concern is that what happens when something goes wrong and you don't see fit to your preference? Are you just gonna take off? Although that being said, I've seen you that you can stick around but I want to experience you for a couple of days till I give my final vote.
The majority of my fun on Jailbreak is from using my microphone. If I am unable to talk in a video game, it severely reduces the overall quality for me.

It's totally a fair point that you would bring this up, it was my fault for getting muted anyways. But I'd prefer if you would understand that I play this game for fun. With a microphone I'm able to call out players for doing things wrong, or asking for repeats because doing all of these things through chat more often than not fails, as not everyone pays attention to chat, (especially wardens).

It tends to get pretty frustrating to play when your main form of speech gets taken away from you. Communication is an essential asset to have in jailbreak, and after that last mute, I realized I'll do anything to keep it.

I admit it sounds ironic that I want to talk in game, but break the rules to only lose that ability, and I have accepted that I can still enjoy Jailbreak without annoying other players in the process.

Quite honestly one of my favorite people to see on the server. From what I've seen you prefer to put fun first which is why we are all wasting our time on a tf2 jail roleplay server in the first place. Even so when the situation gets out of hand with multiple mass rebellions (often started by you) or just overall incompetent guards, you always seem to swing in and restore order.

I started in 2014 as a very young admin on an old community known as PBFortress. They were one of the largest community servers ranging from 2012 to its eventual downfall around 2017. I remained active on the server until 2017, when they started losing players. After that, I migrated to Wonderland.tf. Wonderland is where I earned the most experience staffing on Jailbreak, Saxton Hale, and many other gamemodes. I do admit my time on Wonderland was pretty rocky, I was a lot younger and going through that typical teen phase most of us go through. If you do require more information on my experience on Wonderland, feel free to DM me on Discord on Steam and we can discuss more. After I moved away from Wonderland, I found myself on War3Evo. It was a very small community with many veteran staff members who have been with the community since its beginning in 2012. I was a staff member for a few months until their player count started collapsing. My history on War3Evo was much more positive than my previous term on Wonderland. I was about 18-19 when I started moderating on War3Evo, and I am much more professional than I was previously on Wonderland.
Its sad to see most of this previous experience is being overlooked, this shows that you can be trusted and know what your doing/getting yourself into, even if there was that dumb drama at wonderland.

Then you just ran off to SG. Why did you ran off when that report got accepted? Is it because jb is physically unplayable once you got muted. I know this is 6 months ago but its really worth mentioning and I discussed this with the jb team as well. My concern is that what happens when something goes wrong and you don't see fit to your preference? Are you just gonna take off? Although that being said, I've seen you that you can stick around but I want to experience you for a couple of days till I give my final vote.
Most people would most likely leave or take a large break after getting muted on a primarily social mode, I've seen it happen many times before and sometimes a break from a server can be beneficial.

High session times and burnout are a concern, but considering you've been playing this mode since you were 7 I'm not going to worry about it, although it's probably healthier if you take some breaks.

5 comm blocks is nothing to scoff at especially considering how some are more recent.

In the end I'll break the trend of neutrals and go ahead and give you a +1 I think some of the things that have been brought up while valid are being treated a bit too seriously. In the big picture you're just a player that had a few hiccups in the past and have amended your ways and now you just want to help out. That's something I can respect.

Hello Human,
Overall, you are a very active, flexible, easy going, and experienced regular to our jailbreak server. I think that these qualities make you a great candidate for being a panda community administrator. I believe that these qualities are very important, as without even just ONE of them you can shift into the role of something that may not be all that great for the panda staff team. You tend to also, while amongst other players (even when I am under an alias and set offline) show great leadership, and many currently tend to think you are already an admin so props on you for that.

Activity seems like no problem at all, I mean it would take something severe (such as a month mute on a player who only has fun while using their voice chat) for a player who has played jailbreak for just under a decade to drop off the face of the earth. I foresee your sessions staying great if not getting better if you become an admin, no problem there. AFK in sessions seems to be something only seen from TRGGB's time online, and I guess ill keep a watchful eye open, but I haven't seen you AFK for anything longer than 5 mins, I mean, sometimes someone has to use the restroom, get water, do life things etc, no harm there. Just try to leave the game if not under an alias while AFK (as an admin not as a regular), because it gives a false sense of hope to regulars who might think you are actively paying attention. A big boon to your activity is that your activity is amazing while also covering times that our team currently does not cover too well, simply it would be great to cover the hours you offer, and it has been proven to us that you can indeed handle these times in the past.

I envy your ability to stay relaxed and easy going, while also having a position of authority. Although some may misinterpret your bashfulness, I am aware that most of the time the bashfulness you show is just how you have fun, and you are very nontoxic, so it creates no red flags. You do have a lot of comm-blocks, but I believe that the lack of a new one, and the actions you have taken since the start of 2022 to prevent any more can allow me to overlook them. For example if a massfreekiller, or say a racist player is online breaking rules, you are usually cool as a cucumber, asking him politely to stop (most of the time), and sometimes they listen to you. I see skill as a great thing to be able to do, especially given that you don't have the ability immediately to back your statement most of the time.

Your second-best selling point to me is your experience, having 7 years on a specific game mode is a feat (my steam account isn't even that old). On top of that while you have been playing jailbreak, a very large percentage of the time spent has been administrating. I personally think that there wont be an issue with you joining the staff team, because you will be able to handle yourself quite fine as an administrator, without demanding that much maintenance from a full admin.

I would like to give you a Solid +1, and I hope that you get accepted. Our team needs a person like you, and now the person has came.

Toodles,

Ian

Hello human,
Lets just get straight to the point, you have showed that you know you are capable of being an admin. The few times I have joined recently showed that you know the rules well and a generally fun person to be around while on the server from what I saw. I can't really think of more to add from what have been pointed out already, +1.

Reactions: iamhuman
Everything worth mentioning has been said, and nothing worth adding imo still exists, You're good in my book and I agree with what everyone here mentioned.

+1

Reactions: iamhuman
Bambi doesn't have much to add to this plus he is busy this week. We have plenty of feedback anyways so it's time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Reactions: TRGGB2 and iamhuman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread