Completed Add to the (no camping) rule for FF2 (1 Viewer)

add onto the 'no camping' rule on ff2 with the following in OP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambi

Donator
Currently the gameserver rules state that you cannot camp as hale. However, if you have played on the FF2 servers for some time you would also notice that you can’t camp as a few certain classes that are not stated in the rules that admins will regularly enforce. I think it's time to add what classes can't camp, so players won’t be confused or imo unfairly punished for something they might not of had any knowledge about. The classes that currently cannot camp as I'm being told are

Soldier
Scout
Spy
Demoknight
Pyro

Its nothing major, but it definitely would be nice to see that implemented again to prevent confusion with the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a good addition to the rules because it would alert people to know which classes can't camp as well as let the admins know who didn't read the rules if they say "I didn't know" in game.

Removing camping nerfes alot of classes, instead of nerfing RED, why not improve bosses to fight against camping players?

• Agree
Reactions: White Falcon
Because you'd be a fool to rely on getting constant updates for the server.

Added a poll, please vote.

@Matth
@Mörder

The suggestion isn't to make it a rule, its to update the thread with the rules so that users that read it know that it is a rule instead of learning it the hard way on the server.

Reactions: ACrispyTortilla
With this successful I would like someone to sort out typing something up so it can be pasted in / edited original rule.

@Bambi are you interested in doing this since you suggested it? Let me know where it's being placed too. If you want you can ask other ff2 admins for help.

I am in for this change as well.
Totally a Yes from me

I've been in for a while

"You may camp as red if you are:
Pyro with the phlog
Demo with active stickies
Heavy
Engineer
Medic while healing a camping class
Sniper

You may not camp as red if you are:
Scout
Soldier
Pyro without the phlog
Demo without active stickies
Medic while not healing a camping class
Spy"

This is the following that I've been given by Waxel, thanks man ::):
Posting it here to make sure everyone is good with what they see. If not, best be a good reason!

Reactions: Nisoria and TWC
What about soldier with banner?

The buff banner does put the soldier at a downside with mobility but his rocket launcher doesn't suffer a penalty with the banner so he can still juggle the boss in an engi nest or a group of people.

While I agree with this new rule, the only class I don't agree with is pyro with phlog. For all I know, there is no reason why pyro with phlog should be allowed to camp. What exactly will the pyro with phlog do while he's camping? At least with airblasting pyro he can be a pybro and help engie nests by airblasting the hale, which phlog pyro can't do. IMO this class should be rewritten as : "pybros."

• Useful
I agree with leo, as for phlog, Its extremly easy to get 225 damage, so why not nerf it to 650 dmg required for full phlog meter?

PHP:
case 594:  //Phlogistinator
            {
                Handle itemOverride=PrepareItemHandle(item, _, _, "778 ; 0.392");
                if(itemOverride != INVALID_HANDLE)
                {
                    item=itemOverride;
                    return Plugin_Changed;
                }
            }

Last edited:
  • Clever
Reactions: Leo.
While the reason the pyro with a phlog being allowed to camp makes no sense to me, the normal pyro with airblast being allowed to camp would cause for the boss to be forced to rage to attempt at a push on the engi nest. The pyro alone could keep the boss at bay in a nest but that also doesn't cover another reason the pyro can't camp with airblast. High places allow the pyro to just time the airblast to keep the boss from teleporting or even just jumping up there, bullet knockback works but not as well as the airblast does so if anything were to be changed I would remove the pyro from being able to camp in general since they are more for damage instead of defence.

• Informative
Let's keep the suggestion on the rules, rather than changes to the phlog. You guys can make a new thread suggestion for that.

"You may camp as red if you are:
Pyro with the phlog
Demo with active stickies
Heavy
Engineer
Medic while healing a camping class
Sniper

You may not camp as red if you are:
Scout
Soldier
Pyro without the phlog
Demo without active stickies
Medic while not healing a camping class
Spy"

Does the buff soilder need to go anywhere? And does the phlog part need removing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread