Declined Add bench jumping as a game (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
could we just remove point farming? Points hold no meaning other than bragging rights, and this easily restricts the amount of custom minigames that could be added.

Could someone explain what exactly this is cause I've never heard of this in my life
Plz and Thank you

Bench jumping jumping from bench’s on maps or trees with cc and if you fall you die

Bench jumping (a custom minigame I originally created) is where you make all reds jump from one bench to another on jb_carcerem. Benches pictured below.
1658888451021.png
The rules are simple: jump from one bench to the other without touching the ground. If you touch the ground, you're KOS. If you successfully jump from one bench to the other, you survive. Reds go one at a time.

Bench jumping has been outlawed ever since one member of the admin team has said it's considered point farming, because the Blus are killing the Reds themselves in a custom minigame, instead of killing them in a minigame or a minigame killing them. Since that admin established the precedent that this custom minigame is point farming, most the rest of the admin team has followed along as I know of. This also essentially means any custom minigame involving any Blus killing Reds is banned, too, since that's essentially the problem being focused on. I don't get the point in enforcing such a restrictive rule. I thought the point of jailbreak was to have fun, experiment with new things, and spice things up to make playing more enjoyable. It doesn't make sense either, since there are so many minigames (ex: Theater) and even basic warden's orders (ex: somebody disobeys "All reds AFK") include the killing of Reds; how is that not considered point farming? If Blus want to pointfarm, they'll find a way to do it, like Simon Says for that matter. There is nowhere in the rules stating this, it's a strictly admin-enforced rule. It wouldn't matter if it were in the rules anyway since 98% of people haven't read them.

I would change the pole to "Allow the killing of Reds in custom minigames," since that's basically the topic at hand. Of course we should free my boy Bench Jumping, but it also goes for all games. There's no point in punishing such an innovate way in spicing the game up.

Wouldn't color chasers be considered a minigame that involves point farming as well?

These games were prohibited due to Point farm rules, I only ever enforce it as I believed it standard after getting told so by some admin prior to my time as adminfo in 2021. Point farming really shouldn't be a problem on any of our jailbreak servers, but the inclusion of hlstats rankings on jailbreak by points is redundant and causes stuff like this to be against the rules on paper. My main problem is that letting people do this bench game, and similar games encourages laziness, redundancy, I mean like really, someone made you an obby and you want to jump between chairs? Oh, it’s difficult? Just send them in obby and turn on collisions while making them jump between platforms, I will say that I like built in mini games such as obby much more than jumping between two benches, like I guess it’s different, but serves no purpose other than just being there. After playing many servers with guidelines not placed, my experience wasn't fun on many due to one major thing that is encouraged by games like this; sitting in cell area for an entire round doing stuff like jumping from crate to crate, or turning on collisions on a lamppost. I will say that I do want Simon says removed, along with color chaser, I won't defend those whatsoever but not for the reason specified by others above me. These 2 games can often come off as unclear, vague, and misleading which is the opposite of what our rules set out to be (based on my interpretation.) I just feel uncomfortable having these games being allowed, as the worst thing for me is playing the same, easy to setup mini game for blues (that can be played anywhere mind you.) for rounds back to back. I know people will do this, many people join blue just to do stuff like this already, this just makes it easier for them to do such, and less likely to have rebellers.
I will admit the pointfarm rule I enforce has just been carried down, and the killing in custom mini games doesn’t matter to me. The rule is not too big of a deal to me, it’s one of those situations that I was told that it wasn’t allowed and followed precedent.

I mean like really, someone made you an obby and you want to jump between chairs? Oh, it’s difficult? Just send them in obby and turn on collisions while making them jump between platforms
The game includes no collisions, and it's more a game including spatial awareness than actually being able to press space and W. If you hit your head on the branch you can't make the jump, so it's more a mind game than just hopscotch. Yes I can see the laziness point, but so is slamming all Reds into box game or 9 square, or even obby for that matter. It can even be the opposite of laziness, as Blus have to be aware of what's going on and the warden has to keep everyone in tact with the rules he sets.
I just feel uncomfortable having these games being allowed, as the worst thing for me is playing the same, easy to setup mini game for blues (that can be played anywhere mind you.) for rounds back to back. I know people will do this, many people join blue just to do stuff like this already, this just makes it easier for them to do such, and less likely to have rebellers.
This already happens all the time with Blus and their easy-to-setup minigames. "All reds bombrush to 9square." "All reds bombrush to 9square." "All reds bombrush to 9square." Blus become warden for a limited amount of times, and there's many ways to stop a warden from repeating any minigame constantly.

It's a little silly that we should ban all custom minigames involving any killing when killing prisoners is a part of the gamemode. A few bad apples actually trying to get a few points on the leaderboard for style shouldn't cause everyone's creativity to be stopped.

I just don’t like these types of games, I prefer they use the map, I’m unsure if this is actually against rules on paper, I have had it enforced against me as pointfarm previously prior to me being an admin, hence I carried that on, thinking I was required to.
I’m not saying banning killing mini games you are misreading my point, I’m just venting.

Reactions: Cowboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread