Declined About Minecraft Nightfall. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKrookodile

Trial Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Trial Gameserver Admin
I am here with my first suggestion and oh boy is it going to be a divisive one. As it stands, Minecraft Nightfall is the most uninteresting map in rotation. It has lacklustre rebeller secrets with a few small ammos and a couple armoury entrances. It's minigame pool also leaves much to be desired. Nothing other than spleef arena is even slightly unique. It's best minigames being DR and Obby says a lot about the map. Unless another mapper picks up this map and gives it a major overhaul I really don't think it's a good fit in the map rotation. Which is why I say we remove it entirely.

No, we need the minecraft kids to keep the server alive.

I like the village but the minigames looking at them are pretty subpar (except Spleef Arena that one’s cool).

i need the minecraft map in rotation so i can rtv it

No Minecraft is a good map

I just need a good collection of mini games on this map man stop adding villages and replace that with minigames and you have a slam dunk of a map

I just need a good collection of mini games on this map man stop adding villages and replace that with minigames and you have a slam dunk of a map
Add the pillager outpost

• Happy
Reactions: Xergon
My one and only issue is its size making rounds go on for way too long when a warden dies, on the other hand the big open space is the most interesting part about rebelling on that map.

• Agree
Reactions: Zee
Personally I’d only vote yes if the day version is added instead, otherwise i’d love to keep our only minecraft map in rotation, its not as egregious as some people make it out to be, we definitely have worse maps on the map

This is one of my favorite maps to rebel in and not to mention i love the obby

• Agree
Reactions: SirKrookodile
Denzel has found a Minecraft day map which does add more minigames and has some better secrets making it at least somewhat more interesting for rebelling. Might redo this suggestion with that as an option if I can arrange a playtest at some point.

Reactions: Waxel and Zee
this isn’t one of the maps were i personally dread playing it’s more of a map that’s there and doesn’t really have much to complain about at least compared to other maps in the rotation. I see this map as a fun change of pace mostly for the minecraft style it has. as said before the few rebel spots seem it make it a bad map to rebel on. However my experience with rebelling on this map has mostly been the same with most maps (just maybe a bit more time consuming) as the village does have a good amount of the breakable blocks which has a chance of a small ammo pack. I personally think that this map doesn’t need to be removed. (a remaster would be cool though)

Denzel has found a Minecraft day map which does add more minigames and has some better secrets making it at least somewhat more interesting for rebelling. Might redo this suggestion with that as an option if I can arrange a playtest at some point.
Tbh I rather just replace nightfall with the day version. I remember liking that one a lot more.
That's just personal preference though, and overall nightfall is very okay-ish map I don't usually dread playing. Unlike xmf...

Due to the desire to add a 3rd option (replacing the map with a Minecraft day version) I will be forfeiting this suggestion as it's clear it's not going to pass, I will recreate the suggestion with a 3rd option probably sometime later today once I get home from work and can get a formal playtest arranged for the map I think is best suited to replace this version of the map.

Since the thread creator has forfeited this suggestion, I will be closing this.

These were the results:
bandicam 2024-03-30 01-54-12-133.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread