A new forum theme (1 Viewer)

Fixed navigation links not showing up on mobile browsers.

i see this forum without any mistakes,gj kevin and inu.
also those problems people were saying,everything fine for me there.

I'm actually really enjoying the new layout/background, you can pick your own colours and style, what's not to like?
>Purple is life.

Great. Now header takes up about twice the space it did before, aaaaaand yep, right, it follows the scroll. Nice one. Actually, considering the majority of displays being widescreen, it's twice the nice.
Redundant notifications (NEW!!!!!1111oneoneone together with the unread marker)? Check.
Spread-out text fields? Check.
Big-ass buttons? Well, maybe somebody's blind and also suffering from terrible tremors. We should cater to the disabled, right? So, check.
Colorful, bright, useless links to community branches below the body as well as in the header? Check. It's a blessing at least those aren't glued to viewport.
Still can't mark one forum as read? Sure, why need it. Everybody reads the news valve bot doubleposts, right? Right?.. Or maybe everybody reads a post from recent and just clicks mark all forums read? Oh well. Maybe it's too hard to put back a plugin that was there already.
Still no option to hide signatures? That's easily the most stupid question. 'cause people LOVE large-ass signatures, the bigger the better. Let's whip up a 4000x4000 one!
Can't hide sidebars? Well, why would you want to close those pretty birthday notifications (look, we even kept two of them), or that adorable "members online" widget? And everybody DEFINITELY needs forum statistics!(thanks, ele)

All in all, nice work. Real nice work. Keep it up. This design still features SOME usability. You really should do something about it next time.

Last edited:
Can't hide sidebars? Well, why would you want to close those pretty birthday notifications (look, we even kept two of them), or that adorable "members online" widget? And everybody DEFINITELY needs forum statistics!

YqQKae8.png

Also, shit is about to go down.

Reactions: Kevin
Oh. Scratch that, then. Thanks ^_^

Great. Now header takes up about twice the space it did before, aaaaaand yep, right, it follows the scroll. Nice one. Actually, considering the majority of displays being widescreen, it's twice the nice.
Redundant notifications (NEW!!!!!1111oneoneone together with the unread marker)? Check.
Big-ass buttons? Well, maybe somebody's blind and also suffering from terrible tremors. We should cater to the disabled, right? So, check.
Colorful, bright, useless links to community branches below the body as well as in the header? Check. It's a blessing at least those aren't glued to viewport.
Still can't mark one forum as read? Sure, why need it. Everybody reads the news valve bot doubleposts, right? Right?.. Or maybe everybody reads a post from recent and just clicks mark all forums read? Oh well. Maybe it's too hard to put back a plugin that was there already.
Still no option to hide signatures? That's easily the most stupid question. 'cause people LOVE large-ass signatures, the bigger the better. Let's whip up a 4000x4000 one!
Can't hide sidebars? Well, why would you want to close those pretty birthday notifications (look, we even kept two of them), or that adorable "members online" widget? And everybody DEFINITELY needs forum statistics!(thanks, ele)

All in all, nice work. Real nice work. Keep it up. This design still features SOME usability. You really should do something about it next time.
meh hisu there is "Mark Forums Read" as said 30 times before.

@Kevin, it marks ALL forums. All of them. The plugin allows to do it selectively.

God damnit, I forgot that I am meant to code for you and you only.

Yep. Now get workin, nigga, sun's still up. ^_^

But seriously, is it too much to ask to put one plugin back where it was? I figure it ain't.

Yep. Now get workin, nigga, sun's still up. ^_^

But seriously, is it too much to ask to put one plugin back where it was? I figure it ain't.
Bother Kevin about it. I am not in the position to install plugins on my own.

@Kevin, it marks ALL forums. All of them. The plugin allows to do it selectively.
if you go to the related forum and then click on mar all forums read you can select either all or the selected forum..

if you go to the related forum and then click on mar all forums read you can select either all or the selected forum..
...instead of just dblclicking the icon.

Convenience. Usability. Here, let me compare it for you.

Marking forum as read by menu:
1. Go to forum
2. Cilck "Mark Forums Read"
3. Click your subforum.
4. Click OK.
5. Wait for the page to reload.
6. Go back to the main page.

Marking forum as read by plugin:
1. Doubleclick the unread messages notification.

Convenience. Usability. Here, let me compare it for you.

Marking forum as read by menu:
1. Go to forum
2. Cilck "Mark Forums Read"
3. Click your subforum.
4. Click OK.
5. Wait for the page to reload.
6. Go back to the main page.

Marking forum as read by plugin:
1. Doubleclick the unread messages notification.

So? as Kevin said why bringing up another addon that does the same thing. They migth to be look different. but they still do same thing.

And could u stop that, asking can that marking forum thingie add to this forum. You are only one who is asking, Inu or Kevin wont add that, cause we have already another plugin to mark all thread. Its not part on this forum update.

So? as Kevin said why bringing up another addon that does the same thing.
a) it's not exactly the same thing;
b) usability.
Plugins are made to make things better, not to take up some intended place. Better for forum means added usability. You install one for some purpose, and it sorta works — okay, but if you put another it'll be better without ANY side effects, so why not make things better?

And could u stop that, asking can that marking forum thingie add to this forum. You are only one who is asking, Inu or Kevin wont add that, cause we have already another plugin to mark all thread. Its not part on this forum update.
I remember didixo saying the same about changes for dm_duel. I was (and am) the only one who said anything about it. Still, most of the staff who cared to actually check if I'm right, agreed with me (that including Kevin, Ron, Noodl and some others).

Next, I might retort in the same way and say you're the only one who doesn't want this plugin, but, unlike some people, I don't use flawed arguments intentionally.

a) it's not exactly the same thing;
b) usability.
Plugins are made to make things better, not to take up some intended place. Better for forum means added usability. You install one for some purpose, and it sorta works — okay, but if you put another it'll be better without ANY side effects, so why not make things better?

I remember didixo saying the same about changes for dm_duel. I was (and am) the only one who said anything about it. Still, most of the staff who cared to actually check if I'm right, agreed with me (that including Kevin, Ron, Noodl and some others).

Next, I might retort in the same way and say you're the only one who doesn't want this plugin, but, unlike some people, I don't use flawed arguments intentionally.
Looking through the installed plugins, most of them are usability upgrades and often just fine-tune the already given functionality. Should the plugin be added? Yes, probably. Is it part of what I am currently doing? No.

As for your complaint about signatures, I have implemented a size limit of 600x125 and all current signatures were cropped to comply with said limit.

The rest of your complaints I don't even understand.

Users who are viewing this thread