A new forum theme (1 Viewer)

inu

I have spent a while editing .css files and .php templates to make it as close to the old one whilst retaining as much of the new functionality as possible. You will surely have read my changelog on my new implementation of the style system, so you should know that this new design will be very modular.

Consider this a beta stage, there is no way for me to find every single design quirk right away. Just report them as a bug if you see any.

A great addition is the AdStyler and the Color-Pannel at the very bottom of the page, allowing you to customize the way the site looks for you.

Hope you like what I did.

Overall I like it, but Noodl and I find the blue bar a bit irritating.

The one at the top with your name, messages and notifications.

Speaking of the notifications, just now when you quoted me I did not have the usual red "1" near the flag.

EDIT: also, not sure if others will want this as well but as a request, perhaps you could make it so that when you click on GameMe or Sourcebans, it automatically opens that page in a new tab. I would prefer it that way.

The one at the top with your name, messages and notifications.

Speaking of the notifications, just now when you quoted me I did not have the usual red "1" near the flag.
It's a standard user bar. What bothers you about it exactly?

I will have to look into that.

Just now I did have it but it wasn't red, which I always liked.

Well it's a bit annoying because suddenly the part that scrolls with you is quite big.

Just now I did have it but it wasn't red, which I always liked.

Well it's a bit annoying because suddenly the part that scrolls with you is quite big.
How about now?

It's probably an issue with the new CSS classes. Hitting F5 displays the red alert fine so I am guessing it is trying to reload a class that no longer exists or has been renamed.

How about now?

It's probably an issue with the new CSS classes. Hitting F5 displays the red alert fine so I am guessing it is trying to reload a class that no longer exists or has been renamed.

First off, the speed at which you did that was impressive.

But what I was aiming at more I think is that I would prefer that info to be put back onto the same bar as the Forums - Members - Steam Group bar, at the far right. So it still scrolls with you but the part that gets scrolled is not that big.

First off, the speed at which you did that was impressive.

But what I was aiming at more I think is that I would prefer that info to be put back onto the same bar as the Forums - Members - Steam Group bar, at the far right. So it still scrolls with you but the part that gets scrolled is not that big.
How about now?

I'll look at the notification issue tomorrow. May drag on as I need to understand how the auto-refresher plugin works first.

When i use that Adstyler and trying change header/footer background pattern, its only change footers, not change header backround.

Also sometimes i dont get any nofitacion marks, i only got that "u have new " box thingie.

is there any possibly to change link bar and content box thingies colors, its looks pretty weird, i have pink&black skin, and white is destroying "good-looking view".

But good job anyway :3

When i use that Adstyler and trying change header/footer background pattern, its only change footers, not change header backround.

Also sometimes i dont get any nofitacion marks, i only got that "u have new " box thingie.

is there any possibly to change link bar and content box thingies colors, its looks pretty weird, i have pink&black skin, and white is destroying "good-looking view".

But good job anyway :3
The header pattern Class is not controlable via the styler. I can try fiddling something up however.

Already addressed above.

I suppose this could be added, I just don't know how to safely do it yet.

Reactions: metsän henki
The feature sounds like it's gonna be pretty chill;
I'll give it a try

I find this new forum utterly amazing and it's way easier, if you ask me.
The only - is, that it's lagging like damn on iPad and iPhone. And also, the banners on my account, I liked the old ones more, tbh.

I find this new forum utterly amazing and it's way easier, if you ask me.
The only - is, that it's lagging like damn on iPad and iPhone. And also, the banners on my account, I liked the old ones more, tbh.
I will probably do something great to the banners.

As for iOS, I can not provide support as I am on an android phone. It should work but I could not debug it if it did not.

I like the new features in general, but the overall the website seems to be to white for me. Not that I want any rainbow colors, but the individual boxes do not differentiate themselves that much. That's just my opinion and I would suggest to play around a little bit more with the grey scale on some of the white boxes, so that they don't look that uniform.

I'm also getting a really bad windows 8 feel that I do not like. I like no gradients on some occasions, but not on every... I know that no gradients are in, but some very subtle gradient on maybe the forum titles (Gameserver Admin, Staff Member...etc.) would be more appealing to the eye.

I agree with Benedevil, you should add some sort of greyish tone to the background. or ask (shout) at kevin to re-add the option to edit the layout of the forum. (and colors!)

I agree with Benedevil, you should add some sort of greyish tone to the background. or ask (shout) at kevin to re-add the option to edit the layout of the forum. (and colors!)

Actually, u can edit your layout color.

38bb8999f8.png

^ You can find this on footer.

Reactions: inu
maybe we can bring the old background back, we'll see

Users who are viewing this thread