Accepted A friends appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Piss

SourceBans URL: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:156841557&advType=steamid
Name: TheProfessionalMonkey
Steamid: STEAM_0:1:156841557
Date and Time of the ban: 03-16-16 16:05
Reason: SMAC 0.8.5.2: ConVar sv_cheats violation
Admin that Banned you: Console

My friend was playing a normal day in panda and he accidentaly got banned from the server without using any other program to try to turn on sv_cheats 1. I have been to his house saw his computer nothing found there about hacking. I am sure he is clean. Console... sometimes it doesnt work the best. He asks for an unban

This could be a false positive, could your friend supply us with his config and autoexec files?

Is your friend afraid off people or is he just too lazy to post the appeal himself?

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: mosteraz and Flynt
autoexec? what is that and where can i find it?

If you don't know the answer to that, I'm not sure you should be using "saw his computer nothing found there about hacking" as an argument for his appeal. It was a while ago though, why didn't he ask earlier if he believes he was banned for no reason?

Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\cfg

He just told me that he got banned i thought i could help. Anyway now we are trying to upload the cfg file but we are failing can we get some help? puddin there is nothing there

I doubt he was banned because of his autoexec config file.

Either he uses something and you have no idea, or he uses something and you have no idea.

He's using third party software to force shit, aka, using cheats.

And what file is that proves that?

The fact that he got banned because for violating sv_cheats.

No autoexec can get you banned for that.
Sucks to be your friend.

Well he how did he manage to do that?
How are you so sure?

Ask him. Haven't you been to his house and on his pc?

I did and i searced his pc. He said that he didn't do anything he was just playing and then boom. banned. I have played on his pc aswell like 7 days ago i might go there tomorow to play (as my pc sucks). Anyway i didn't see any use of hack there or forcing sv_cheats on. We should discuss this privatly tho as we just filled this app and wait for an admin's oppinion on this

he tried to use something sv_cheats related, otherwise he wouldnt been banned.

he tried to use something sv_cheats related, otherwise he wouldnt been banned.

Thing is, typing sv_cheats 1 in the console does nothing (on any panda.tf server) so he was most likely using a third party program.

Ok i know that my friend is not cheating. I just don't know how to prove that. Is there a way to prove it?
@Kevin what do you mean? like r_drawothermodels 2?

That's just screens of the files, which obviously provides nothing. I'm asking for the content of these file. Upload them to http://pastebin.com/ or to something similar. I'm asking for these files because some cvars can be set without using sv_cheats, but when used will not work. This could trigger smac. Ask your friend if he has used any config generator or edited anything at all. Or if he's been experimenting with console lately.

Edit:
config.cfg and autoexec.cfg would suffice.

Last edited:
That's just screens of the files, which obviously provides nothing. I'm asking for the content of these file. Upload them to http://pastebin.com/ or to something similar. I'm asking for these files because some cvars can be set without using sv_cheats, but when used will not work. This could trigger smac. Ask your friend if he has used any config generator or edited anything at all. Or if he's been experimenting with console lately.

Edit:
config.cfg and autoexec.cfg would suffice.

Quoting this from http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1974030:

"SMAC is a 'rebranded' version of KAC.

I know how KAC works and had a good look through the code as I've amended it in the past.
Unless the server is running an unusual plugin for mini games causing an issue with false bans (lots of people would be hit), I'd say you have a cheat on your system and had it active.

Note that setting sv_cheats to 1 in a cfg will not get you banned by KAC or SMAC - it has to be forced by 3rd party software ie a cheat." - ChocOrange

While I still believe it can be a false ban this makes sense since typing sv_cheats 1 into console shouldn't do anything, regardless of the config.

@Doc Piss have you been with your friend when he got banned? Because it's very likely, that if he cheated somehow, he would've deleted that cheat before letting you take a look at his PC.

The only option that comes to my mind is that it's the minigames fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread