Declined [2FORT] Suggestion for EU #16 2fort (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 10 capture points is a nice way to motivate people into going to the enemy base, as well as ending the match and scrambling the teams after 5 hours when people have gathered hundreds of points.

Having 100 would remove the "end of the match" almost entirely, and while it would keep the crits, I feel like it wouldnt motivate people in quite the same way.

It's already heavily in the favour of people who want to mess around or do a Team Deathmatch, so I see no reason to remove the CTF part of the map, even if it isn't the main point of the community server.

Reactions: Redspike
I've reset the poll with the two most popular results to determine the outcome of this suggestion.

I want to highlight that this suggestion is for EU 2fort, not US 2fort. Also this is a 2fort suggestion. If you do not played 2fort on panda community, do not vote on the poll.

Tagging those that voted before (or a 2fort eu admin) that I believe have played EU 2fort on panda community

@Flynt @Redspike @Furken
@Zee @Mister Jo. @Derp Derp @Nowtoad @Snovarcho @Hayleyyy @Fussica @råm @Aerial @Vecomti @_Black @Solar @Pixie @SmokE

Going to go with keeping it, while removing it would defeat intel spammers and certain player(s) from screaming "CMON GUYS LETS CAP THE INTEL" into their mic., personally though I think that removing it might actually kill 2fort.

Also this might be out of line and the other admins may criticize me for saying this, but 4 out of the 9 players that voted for removing it enjoy being on top of the scoreboard and removing intel capping would remove the option for the enemy team to turn the tide. Therefor they stay on top and keep going on their killingsprees, which also in turn kills the server.

I'd honestly say that if people want a Team deathmatch gamemode without any capping then maybe the Duel server would be more to their liking. Could probably also blow new life into that server.

I'd like to say that, as Madact said "If you do not play 2fort on panda community, do not vote on the poll.", half the people who voted for keeping it as is, aren't active on the server, some aren't even active in the game. Hell Redspike voted to keep it, he makes plans to do a group play every Saturday to keep the server alive, then Saturday comes, and then he doesn't come, at all, for months straight. Vec as well, haven't seen Furken since a horrible off-center misalignment of electrical wiring in one of his customer's houses, Zee, i don't even know if the guys alive. The server itself is basically dead and the top time spenders and players whos names are listed in the "remove it" vote should have a bit of leeway for the vote. Even if some of them aren't active every week they sure as hell actually come around when the servers revived from the dead. I personally would love to play it more, but it's dead 90% of the time, and the 10% that it is alive, it's alive because of people who purely coincidentally aren't people from the "keeping it as is" vote.

• Clever
Reactions: Zee
Most active players prefer the intel not to be capped, its hated when people do and just annyoing for players who play there, and yes we might be the "top scoring players" but we are also the most active players that just dont like when we have to change our play style to counter one guy with bonk who decides to throw themselves at the intel over and over for hours.

• Agree
Reactions: Snovarcho
Flynt already said this but while you feel that the intel is not important it fuels alot of people’s gameplay in the server, its a dynamic changer and incentivizes people to change their strategy and keep things fresh.

if its removed entirely i’ll have to second what’s been said before about the server’s longevity, especially since lets be fair only a fraction of the server’s population are voting here to make a very major change to the gamemode.

• Agree
Reactions: Flynt
Flynt already said this but while you feel that the intel is not important it fuels alot of people’s gameplay in the server, its a dynamic changer and incentivizes people to change their strategy and keep things fresh.

if its removed entirely i’ll have to second what’s been said before about the server’s longevity, especially since lets be fair only a fraction of the server’s population are voting here to make a very major change to the gamemode.
Me and Flynt came to the conclusion that, while it has received mixed feelings, a scramble option would fix that issue after the removal of the capture points, making it more balanced overall, fixing turtling issues, and so on.

Edit: Snovys vote on the scramble doesn't count, trust me

• Disagree
Most active players prefer the intel not to be capped, its hated when people do and just annyoing for players who play there, and yes we might be the "top scoring players" but we are also the most active players that just dont like when we have to change our play style to counter one guy with bonk who decides to throw themselves at the intel over and over for hours.

Ok so let me get this right, you and another few players (your friends basically) don't like being forced to change your playstyle just to stop someone from capping the intel yet you have no problem to force a playstyle change on every player that joins the server by removing capping?

Ok so let me get this right, you and another few players (your friends basically) don't like being forced to change your playstyle just to stop someone from capping the intel yet you have no problem to force a playstyle change on every player that joins the server by removing capping?
Nobody changes playstyle when we remove capping, literally nobody caps on the server like when you actually play the game people kill each other, there are hours of just killing without capping and players enjoy it then some scout decides to just cap 10 times in a row and people leave, right people really enjoy that as you can tell by them leaving when the game ends

• Agree
Nobody changes playstyle when we remove capping, literally nobody caps on the server like when you actually play the game people kill each other, there are hours of just killing without capping and players enjoy it then some scout decides to just cap 10 times in a row and people leave, right people really enjoy that as you can tell by them leaving when the game ends
Neither do people like it when you and your friends stack on one team and steamroll the entire enemy team, yet you guys don't stop doing that. Which also causes people to leave the server.

As I said if you want no intel capping or any kind of situation where the team can get crits like that then go play on Duel, I'm all for increasing the cap for capping but not for removing it since that would defeat the purpose of the whole gamemode.

Also the whole people disliking capping has to stop, 2fort is a ctf map not a Deathmatch map if people dislike that then there are other gamemodes to fulfill your needs.

Neither do people like it when you and your friends stack on one team and steamroll the entire enemy team, yet you guys don't stop doing that. Which also causes people to leave the server.

As I said if you want no intel capping or any kind of situation where the team can get crits like that then go play on Duel, I'm all for increasing the cap for capping but not for removing it since that would defeat the purpose of the whole gamemode.

Also the whole people disliking capping has to stop, 2fort is a ctf map not a Deathmatch map if people dislike that then there are other gamemodes to fulfill your needs.
People like 2fort cause its an old and recognisable map, sure its a ctf but nobody actually does it, it would not affect people if intel was removed cause people just like 2fort for its simplicity, like im all for silliness every now and then with stacking heavies to go for intel and then back, but its not worth for one scout being able to end the game in matter of minutes (i know i use this a lot but i just really dislike it), so like having infinite caps might be better then to remove them but as it is 10 is just too low of a number

Hell Redspike voted to keep it, he makes plans to do a group play every Saturday to keep the server alive, then Saturday comes, and then he doesn't come, at all, for months straight.

Brother I have only taken a break for the summer to touch grass and see the sun.

Only 19 people have voted on a poll for a server with hundreds of semi-active users. If anything we should aim to give the poll more reach instead of giving extra weight to votes from the most active clique of players.

If you want to push for the change feel free to reach out to other players of the server. I already made a post about the poll on the 2fort discord.

Brother I have only taken a break for the summer to touch grass and see the sun.

Only 19 people have voted on a poll for a server with hundreds of semi-active users. If anything we should aim to give the poll more reach instead of giving extra weight to votes from the most active clique of players.

If you want to push for the change feel free to reach out to other players of the server. I already made a post about the poll on the 2fort discord.
dont lie, u like making false plans then making us feel sadness, sadist.

• Creative
Reactions: Vecomti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread