Your first TF2 experiences here! (1 Viewer)

Madact

Community Manager
Staff member
Community Manager
Contributor
I thought it would be nice to hear what got you started up on TF2 :) Your begins of ending up in this dump :kappa:

I'll start;

An American friend introduced me to TF2. At first I only played offline killing bots and so on.
The first time I joined I got on a dustbowl server. I selected solider. I was on my way to the battlefield when I looked behind me and though a spy was going to kill me. I ended up killing myself with my own rockets :salt:. The person I thought was a spy laughed in chat. That's all I remember.

I've also got some other tales but I thought that was the most ...interesting :confused:

Your turn :p

Well, I remember the story as to how I started playing, but I don't remember my first experience. All I know is that most of my friends were playing it and recommended me to play it, and since I hadn't used steam in like over a year I decided to create a new account which is the one I use now, and this was December 24th 2011. I remember I started to play immediately but then almost immediately stopping because I was bad. I feel as my return to TF2 is my real first experience though since that's when I started playing, and that is after the summer of '14 when I started playing deathrun and that's the only thing I do now because I still suck at the game. Good riddance.

Reactions: Madact
I saw my brother played TF2, so I wanted to try out the game. The first thing I did was to connect to a random server, which was an American trade server on the map Trade Plaza, played as the Engineer most of the time. I remember that I thought a Bonk Scout was a hacker, because I saw "Miss!" above the player, as I shot at him. I didn't see the difference on the construction speed on a building, so I sat there and stared at it slowly building itself, instead of hitting it. I thought that the Brass Beast was worth a lot, because of its color (I thought it was made out of gold).
I remember my first trade. A person actually gave me an item, and it was the Rainblower. I couldn't be happier, since it got rainbows and all!
3zmk.png

Reactions: Madact and Speneth
I met a friend in Elementary School and one day we had to do a project that was assigned to both of us so I had to go to his house to do it with him. I checked out his computer and stuff and that's when he introduced me to Steam overall as well as TF2. I played on his account the 1st time and the very first map I played was Pipeline payload race. I still remember how confused I was at the classes, and I was unsure which to choose for some time, and experimenting with each made it more confusing. Soon enough I got my own Steam account and installed TF2 after waiting for a day and a half for it to download (internet was shitty back then for me). My first main server was a trade server based in Chicago on some classic minecraft map that I was addicted to for some time. Eventually I saw someone fly into spawn and shoot everyone then fly away and I called him out for hacking in chat. I got banned immediately :/

Apparently I didn't know getting noclip after rolling the dice was a thing.

September 2009, hadn't seen my eldest brother in a few years. (lives up in Norway)
Had often told me about this quirky little shooter he and his wife were playing when one day he decided to buy it for me as a 5-month late birthday present when he was visiting. Had a blast playing regular TF2 with him for about 3 days when I came across a server labeled Voogru dodgeball, and dodgeball has been all I ever did on tf2 since. I don't remember anything specific when I started playing, just that I died a LOT and I didn't care. :p

Also never forget noobday june 2011!! Every. Single. Server. full of fresh free2plays to murder and it was the best day of my life.

Two of my friends kind-of-forced me to play TF2,didn't want to but I tried it and I liked it.

• Funny
Bought the Orange Box pack in retail on 27 Aug, 2010. Don't remember why. I remember playing a fuck ton of thundermountain and pipeline (lot of cancer scout and engineer haha). Oh the days when trading didn't even exist yet. I mainly played casual for a while, then I found VSH and became an admin on LZ. That community slowly died and I stopped playing tf2 for a while. I very slowly started playing casual again and during the autumn of 2015 I started hopping into random db servers and later ended up frequenting panda.

Here I am, no regrets. :p

Timeline of 12 year old me:
  • Joined Team Fortress 2 summer of 2011
  • Played on a Dell laptop, using the touchpad for a mouse
  • First main class was the heavy because I thought the more hp I had, the stronger I'd be. Later on, I'd main scout and engineer
  • Favorite maps were Dustbowl, 2Fort and Turbine
    • I used to grief on 2Fort and Turbine a lot; building teleporters in spawn, and trapping teammates in my teleporters
  • New Year's of 2012, I was no longer a F2P. I bought a Batter's Helmet from the store
  • I traded a lot. Went from one hat to multiple hats and keys, without using USD. I miss the old trading days, when keys were 2.33 ref and buds were 29+ keys :(

Pretty much my TF2 Life Story...:kappa:

Firstly, it took 3 days to download due to my good ol vista and 0.128 Mbps download speed and 3 fails to download.
I first started playing with bots and doing ok with them and I got used to play badgineer. Then I bought some stuff and got a first look at trading. I had no idea what pure meant as I sold my genuine Ap Sap for a shitty hat and thought that pure meant the shop price e.g. £6.69 for Cow Mangler, I thought could get me a bunch of stuff. Then I got used to playing on a deathrun server with the community known as StSv. I enjoyed that server a lot and made friends there.
It's also where I saw two Furry Sprays for the first time andgot intrigued and asked about that, then got to know about the whole furry fandom, and hey there's the answer to how a became a furry... My yeah.... *Incoming kys comments* :kappa:

Then once that server shut Down, I played a lot of pass time as I loved that game ode before they nerfed the demoknight being able to charge with the ball and so fun times flying all the across the max using the jump pads. Then the friend from StSv introduced me to a small Orange Server, pretty fun, became an admin, then after a while, the guy decided to shut it down due to not enough donations/ not many people joining anymore. I kept in touch with the owner and then we became good friends.
Haha good friends...lets say he is now my Boyfriend...::plush::
*incoming gay comments*

I then decided to play some more deathrun in my time on BlackWonder, then in the end I somehow wound up here... And I don't know how... One of the panda tags maybe?
Anyone I just loved the FF2 and the at the time 'welcoming community'
hell even Uncodex was nice at that time.

But yeah, now I'm here...yeah...the shitty Spy Main.::pandaspy::

Installed it out of curiosity, played a few hours on 2fort only until there was only me and one other guy at the server. By this point I aqquired the Beggarz Bazooka from drops and tried to use it. loaded up my shots, took damage after the third rocket loaded in and kept calling the other guy a hacker cuz i got damage outta nowhere.

• Funny
Reactions: lionish and Madact
I remember myself as one of the most aggressive players around Left 4 Dead 2 in the past, I was shooting a tank like it was a chicken and me a sentrygun. I thought that my life was complete and the game in question, my only true funny reality.
Then, a message, back in 2013, my best friend announced about a game that he would to show to me (so we could play together) and I was like: "wh..what? How in this universe there's something better than L4D2?? Impossible", and even against my will, my friend forced me to download the game and try it at least for once.
Demoman, map pl_Hoodoo, the second stage if I say right, and there: a confused new comer, started to move around, checking everysingle detail of the map I was going to see, and I saw an enemy.. I started to shoot in any possible direction by pressing the m1 like a panicking man knocking a busy wc's door because of his hemorrhoids. I was literally staring at my pc and punching the mouse for like 10 seconds..but I died, cause it was a soldier main who destroyed me with exactly one rocket.
And after that..a lag..AN IMMENSIVE LAG CAME TO STOP THE GAME and freeze my screen: I was going to cry if the computer didn't give any sign of life. Magically, 1 minute after, the pixels moved on and the game was working. I decided to exit the game and not play it for like 1 month...then by seeing some videos about tf2 on youtube, I saw that it wasn't that bad and I gave it another chance..
I changed my account in 2014 and in the august of it, I found out about the costumised gamemodes and a community. I was still a noob at gaming on it, but at least on the server where I joined, I made friends. #Panda Freak Fortress, never forgetti, not resting in spaghetti

Last edited:
Reactions: Madact and Monster
Achievement servers, the first thing I can recall.

• Informative
Monster's interests me due to him coming from BlackWonder, it's usually the other way around!

I had a giggle at these stories :p Speneth's felt the wrath of abusive owner(admin) it seems! Interesting to know that Pat is also a diehard L4D2 pro :eek:
A lot of oldies who have brought the game and remember the 'good old times' shame I wasn't around then xD

Cheers guys ::):

Vsh from 2011, dont remember in which server tho. Propaply skial feelsbadman. Ff2 and vanilla tf2 from 2013. Also did some l4d2 before tf2. Good times

• Creative
Reactions: Vanilla
I have no idea how i got to know tf2. I can't remember. What i do know is that once i became premium, i haven't stopped spending money on it. 3.500€ and counting. I'm ashamed of myself.

Users who are viewing this thread