Declined Yet another application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisu

>Your name and/or nickname
Hisu. Just Hisu.

>Your age

>Your Steam ID
STEAM_0:0:17706565

>Your online times
Random. I'm present 2 to 5 hours a day, but not every day.

>Do you have a microphone?
No.

>Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
None on tf2 servers, but I was a GM on a couple of Lineage2 servers, and also am a moderator on an imageboard.

>Which of our servers do you usually play on?
Mostly dm_duel; sometimes war3 orangeX.

>Do you plan on visiting other servers should you get Admin?
If I get a !call (once it's back) or a report.

>Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?
Experience, yes. Current, no. I haven't touched sourcemod for a few years, so I'll need some info on how to catch a namechanger, for example.

>Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
If you ask this question, you shouldn't. If it's rather a "why do you apply" kind of question, then the answer is simple: I want to be able to enforce the rules I'm playing by.

>Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.
I'm generally lenient.
Cheating: warn and kick, then watch if it'll recur for the same player. If yes, permaban without warning.
Swearing/flaming/trolling/etc: won't pay much attention unless it gets serious, then - I saw we have a happymod, right?
Spamming and spawnkilling: ask to stop -> warn if they don't listen -> blind a few times -> kick if they persist.
C&D abuse on war3 orangeX: ask to stop -> blind if they don't listen -> kick if they persist.

Last edited:
Just a note, !call doesn't work anymore, it was disabled due to crashing.

Anyway, seems like a good application, but IMO cheating is a perma ban without warning right away.
And usually blind doesn't help, Use slay.

Good application.

Since !call isn't working anymore, I usually check every servers from time to time.
>Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
If you ask this question, you shouldn't. If it's rather a "why do you apply" kind of question, then the answer is simple: I want to be able to enforce the rules I'm playing by.

Like almost every traditional gameserver admin, I think...
The question could have been interpreted like this : what could convince us to accept you, what will you bring to the community ?
Anyway, your answer is still acceptable.

Ron, just as I said — I'm lenient. In my book, admin privileges are an instrument that should not be used until it's completely unavoidable. If someone is cheating, that's fine by me, as long as they listen to me and don't hax on "my" server any longer. That's why the no-warning permaban on the second offense.

Electrod
>what could convince us to accept you, what will you bring to the community?
Nothing, I guess; I'm not much of a people person. ^_^
I'm just requesting the authority I need under the conditions I present and the responsibility I agree to go along with.

Application seems nice so far, English is understandable and clear.
>Your name and/or nickname
Hisu. Just Hisu.
With the name we actually ask for your real name, but I guess the question is just a little but unclear.

>Do you have experience with SourceMod and how it works?
Experience, yes. Current, no. I haven't touched sourcemod for a few years, so I'll need some info on how to catch a namechanger, for example.
We currently have an auto-ban function for namechangers, for example if they change their names 10 times in our servers they'll automaticly get banned.

>Do you plan on visiting other servers should you get Admin?
If I get a !call (once it's back) or a report.
I'd recommend to check once every 30 minutes or so some random server, and look out for trouble makers in the GameMe chatlogs. (that's how I check if Jailbreak is having some problems.)

Besides that, it's a good application which is nicely structured.

Nice layout.
I haven't touched sourcemod for a few years, so I'll need some info on how to catch a namechanger, for example.
You can get his/her steam ID or player ID by typing "status" in the console. It shows a list of every player with their player IDs and steam IDs (+ some basic server info).

You have previous experience with administrating (and SourceMod), which I see as a good thing.

"Why should we choose you to be part of our team?"
When we ask this question we want to know what makes you different from the other applicants. Why should we choose you instead of the other applicants?

Anyways, it's a very nice application.

The question is not unclear. It asks for your real name and/or your nickname. Hisu gave her nickname, which is the 'or' part. If we really want people to give their real names then I will rephrase it in the How To.

On the application, when you apply for anything it is nice to make clear that you really want it. Promote yourself a bit; say why you are needed. You sound too casual to appear as if you will add much to our team. If you say that you see quite some rulebreakers and that you usually report them (if you do), it draws our attention to that you are suitable and that we could use another one.

On your policies, you can be more lenient, sure - I guess - but then I would at least advise you to use different punishments. Blind and Happy are derpy commands and will not be taken seriously, and they will likely be seen as abuse for your own amusement. Any rulebreaker ever will call punishment abuse, but at least make sure that they're the ones who will look stupid when they say it, not you.

Jarza
>"Why should we choose you to be part of our team?"
Back in the end of 1990ths, I was an admin for an irc server (not a big one; just a local chat server with ~500-1000 visitors), and we had this in our FAQ:
Q: Can I be an IRC Operator here?
A: If you have to ask, the answer is no.
So, I guess, if you have to ask if I should be an admin, the answer is no, too. I was just wondering if you really have to ask ^_^

EvoWarrior5
>Promote yourself a bit; say why you are needed.
Heh, self-presentation was never a skill of mine ^_^
I'd say I'm not exactly needed — but I can be of some help in dealing with rule-breakers; not much, but still.
>if you will add much to our team
I don't really want to make false impressions, so I'll just say I don't know. It's just as I've said earlier: I'm not trying to join the community or become a member of the group. I just happen to agree with standing rules and am requesting the authority to deal with rule-breakers myself, without the hassle of filling out forms and filing reports — and to save time. Consider it a trained lawful citizen requesting a deputy permit. ^_^
>Blind and Happy are derpy commands and will not be taken seriously, and they will likely be seen as abuse for your own amusement.
Noted. Then it's gag and slay.

We talked it over today and though your application is not bad at all, we decided that there were better options for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread