[WIP] dr_abandoned (1 Viewer)

Mertes

Hello pandas.

Most recently, I got into mapmaking on TF2, watching some tutorials to be able to understand the Hammer map tool. I decided that the first map I'd work on would be a Deathrun map since I love Deathrun so much. Now, I am not done with the map, I am not even 100% sure I will finish it anytime soon as I am still learning. (So far I know how to make a few traps, kill people, use buttons, make spawns and some other things)

What I want to have said though is that once I am finished with the map, I am pretty sure it will be perfect and amazing. If the expectations become as big as I hope, I will consider trying to get it published as a new Deathrun map here on the Panda community. So, look forward to that! :)

I will provide screenshots in this thread in the following days as I work on the map.

Also, one thing that I want to state is that I have a bunch of unique ideas for traps that has not been used in previous Deathrun maps, as well as minigames for the end. So, look forward to that! Woo! For now, all I can say is that I will finish the map and that it will most likely be good.

HINT: The slayer of the map (the thing that comes for slow or afk players) will be based on an old viral thing that most likely everyone knows about. >: )

A little sneak peek of what a trap will be based of in my map:

SCREENSHOTS:
Spawn Area and the first three traps (2 are activated by the activator)

1024x640.resizedimage.jpg

1024x639.resizedimage.jpg

Last edited:
I will be expecting the "Let's put a fork in the garbage disposal!" one

Reactions: Mertes
I will be expecting the "Let's put a fork in the garbage disposal!" one
I actually thought about that because I really like that video, but that audio is already being used for a slayer in dr_aconian. I don't wanna copy too much.

should rename it to dr_apandoned
What about pand?
Hah, yeh. Don't get it mate? aPANDoned, PANDa Community.
Anyways, I could do that, but Idk if it will roll so good with the tounge. Apandoned. I'll see. :p

This is great! I am really looking forward to this!

Reactions: Mertes
This is great! I am really looking forward to this!

Great! :D The screenshots will give away most of how the map will look, so don't celebrate yet, might disappoint you. Hope it doesn't though. :)

Hah, yeh. Don't get it mate? aPANDoned, PANDa Community.
Anyways, I could do that, but Idk if it will roll so good with the tounge. Apandoned. I'll see. :p

It was only supposed to be a shitty joke, not meant to be taken seriously...

It was only supposed to be a shitty joke, not meant to be taken seriously...
I get that, but I still thought it'd be a fun map name. I mean, the map name doesn't have to be too serious.

UPDATE!
Added a bunch of screenshots. Managed to finish the first room and got all the lights in place, the only things to do in the first room now would be deatiling it and finishing design and stuff. I will do that when the whole map is finished though, don't expect many more screenshots as I don't want to spoil much of the map (and want to tease you if you like the look of it already). However, I will probably take a screenshot of some of the traps or some nice cinematic view of things. A thing that will be coming up when the whole map is finished: a trailer video. :D

Last edited:
RIP dr_abandoned (temporarily), when I got a new computer I forgot to move the files. Luckily, the computer is still alive and will be moved to my mom, so I will continue working on it soon.

gg me for updating this.

I am looking forward to playing your map.

I recommend releasing a beta of the map and having it tested by a few people. Perhaps you could organise a scheduled testing session with the Panda Community. In my experience, play testing is very important.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayy
I am looking forward to playing your map.

I recommend releasing a beta of the map and having it tested by a few people. Perhaps you could organise a scheduled testing session with the Panda Community. In my experience, play testing is very important.
shouldnt be a problem ;)

Yes, I will obviously be releasing a beta of this map. Currently, as I hadn't worked on it since March, it is not even close to finish yet. I expect it, to when I start working on it, to take a couple of weeks. Otherwise, thanks for that, guys! :D

Users who are viewing this thread