Accepted Why i should get unmuted (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drunk_Canary

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist
The_Drunk_Canary
STEAM_0:1:99656228
Date of Mute 9/9/17 8:17 Permanent
Banned for alleged racism
Husky

First off, I said the phrase 'nigga that's some bullshit' in a rather whimsical and general fashion. It wasn't particularly directed at anyone and I believe I was unfairly targeted because of a misunderstanding. First off, 'nigga' is derived from 'nigger', which under 99% of situations, is used in a deragtory and racist manner. However, many would agree that 'nigga' most of the time is either used as a term of endearment towards others or as a part of tomfoolery around friends. When I got muted for being racist, I don't believe I fit the bill of actually being racist. Myself, being a young man of African descent, can attest to the fact that most young people believe the word 'nigga' is not at all insulting but as a term used to signify the presence of friendship or a light-hearted atmosphere. Although many would say that this is considered offensive, a lot of the time it tends to be an older generation of people (25+) subscribing to this belief. And if there's one thing I learned about language and its use in society, if you put a word on a pedestal and don't allow people to use in a non-offensive way and consider it taboo, you're elevating that word to a higher position of power. And if a small minority of people get offended by words such as these, then by that logic, another minority of people could get completely offended by a word as trivial and mundane in today's society (which may have not been the case years ago) such as 'geek' or 'punk', and then these should have their feelings accomodated for as well. In reality, we should ignore all the previous definitions of a word used from another time, and stick to the current reappropiated definition in order to promote peace and stop bringing up all past instances of hate.
We should all move forward.

• Agree
Reactions: Cryptic
one is a mute glitch. OTHER 9 are legit so..... ye..... seems like plenty of chances
What does trigger me is the fact those punishments are so tiny.....
in my suggestion i would chance the perm to a month as a last chance.. but still.. 9 punishments are ALOT

one is a mute glitch. OTHER 9 are legit so..... ye..... seems like plenty of chances
What does trigger me is the fact those punishments are so tiny.....
in my suggestion i would chance the perm to a month as a last chance.. but still.. 9 punishments are ALOT

You shouldn't count silences as two punishments, even though SB logs them as such. Whenever I had to gag someone I usually silenced them, to make sure they wouldn't repeat their behaviour in voice chat (a reasonable safety measure in my opinion, as there are no logs for voice chat). Redspike may have copied this administrative trait. I strongly doubt that there were 2 offences, at least one in chat and voice.

Then there's Husky's perm which is also 1 punishment. So there are 8 punishments in total, minus the mute glitch equals 7, and probably minus the random perm by Husky. Makes 6, which is a lot, but not outlandish for someone like that to be given a second chance if the staff deems them worthy.

It'll depend on the outcome of this appeal.

You shouldn't count silences as two punishments
Wasn't a silence.
and probably minus the random perm by Husky
It was a proper perm and was supposed to be one. Since somebody *cough* ice * cough* is too lazy to copy and paste the reason was gone and Canary appealed to me in steam and so there was a 1 Hour mute.
There are a total of 6 Mutes/Gags minus the mute glitch, the two current perms and the (unbanned) perm coming together with the 1 hour mute.
That adds up to 6 mutes/gags and then the two current perms which makes it 8.

I wouldn't mind lowering his mute but his gag stays.

Umm...so let's take an overview of my total comm blocks:
6 of the total blocks take place from over 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 years ago. 1 was a mute glitch. And one was both a silence and a gag, which is basically one offense, but two punishments administered for both, so that's 4 comm blocks so far. Two things you should notice about these blocks, they're all quite relatively minor, nothing exceeding half a day and the reasons for 75% of these blocks consist of reasons like 'spam'. Now I'll admit, back then, I was quite obnoxious when it came to text chat as I discovered the lenny back then as demonstrated, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Rest assured, I absolutely despise the lenny now, matured quite a bit and very rarely use it unless it's ironic.
And then when I came back, first thing i know, I get muted out of the blue for 'no reason'.So i go to Husky asking why, and he says 'insulting' despite the fact I don't recall explicitly insulting anyone. Then he changes it to a 1 hr mute, but since those two (Perma and mute) are basically for the same supposed reason, that brings up 5 comm blocks. And now we get onto the most recent one.. the gag and mute for alleged 'racism', which I explained in a comment up above why it was quite unjustified. With such overzealous actions taken, Husky muted me without considering at the context of the quote 'nigga that's some bullshit'. No one came up to me and said they were insulted by my light-hearted quotes or raised concern. Everyone was content, and I daresay, amused by my comments. And yet, Husky, naively unable to distinguish the linguistic difference between 'nigga' and 'nigger', assumed the worst and called me a racist, despite the lack of any actual racism. He clearly can't tell the difference between humourous intentions and racist ones, and evident of what he said through steam chats, he seems to possess the mentality of 'hur-dur, ur racist bcs u said a bad word xd' and instead of letting humour carry on as humour, he feels the need to class everything even slightly controversial as racist, despite the fact that it's not as black-and-white as that.
So...yeah. That's my overview of why I should probably get unmuted to be honest.

You will get your perm reduced to 1 Month but this is your last chance. If you get muted you will get a perma mute and a very very very very very slim chance of getting unmuted.

A month it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread