What trade scamming might look like (1 Viewer)

Eternal

Donator
So this happened:
M9-dM2F-SdK-2Bwe7RXoJw.png

Jiz9lQicS5uacLcIzvIq5Q.png

krz2OohaRvO-KId0Fcaj0A.png

iov34dsSSXeY10lv50AvVQ.png

1PQRF13yRX23o_c611BMCg.png

MIlLjsy_S5uGJ84SRiKz4A.png

ewasKMsYQdqfUmr5RSpPDQ.png

Same person added me too, I just want to warn everyone that whenever they have a link on their profile that says ''my inventory (link)'' it's nearly always the link to the original profile, you can literally just click on the link then to the profile of the inventory and it's a different person.

Another warning to people that are a bit new: There's this other method where they mention it being their ''storage account'' that's also a scam, simply because nobody has a storage account, if they do then they wouldn't add the person they want to trade with their empty account.

• Agree
Reactions: Eternal
You know I've been getting these often. Asking if my unusuals are for trade and such when I don't have them listed anywhere for sale. When I tell them they ain't, they get rude with me xD

Wtf is up with that xD How does this new scam work.

Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
But I don't get it, if that account is empty and they go to trade it you'll realize they're not offering anything in return.
It's so weird x.x

But I don't get it, if that account is empty and they go to trade it you'll realize they're not offering anything in return.
It's so weird x.x
They usually have a middle man

@Madact there's plenty of ways they can do to try to scam you after you've fallen for their trick with the impersonating profile and that you think their profile is full of unusuals because of the link they used in their description. Examples like where they get a friend or another account they can control to impersonate your friend (middle man scam) where they basically ask you to give your unusual to your friend then trade it back so that they can check if it's not broken or something like that, then there's plenty of others like where they say they're a steamrep admin and that they gotta check the unusuals of both of the traders, and the steamrep admin and the person that asked to to trade for your unusual are both friends and planned it out. It's a lot to explain but ye, easy to avoid or to notice that it's a scam so you don't actually need to know how to works etc.

The reason why you're getting random request is because if the scammer/scammers fail to steal an unusual they will most likely check their friendslist to see if anyone has an unusual or a backpack with a good amount of €.

Sorry if I'm a bit unclear about anything

And after almost getting scammed by an impersonator, I just traded the real person xD

he added me too. That fucker is even stealing art :(

Just saying,he added me aswell...

And this is why I don't do trades (*cough* *cough* Ciri)

• Informative
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
I remember someone who asked to trade my unusual, and then he suggested 3 middlemen whichever one responded first. I looked at all the middlemen, One was Legit, other was retired and the other was given tons of -rep on steamrep. And of course the -rep guy is the one that responds first. I wonder why... :kappa:

2ip6.png

v4ho.png

r36d.png

I don't have any unusuals, so I'm safe : - D

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
A cute read
2:13 PM - Eternal: Hello
2:14 PM - Bobsplosion: hi man
2:14 PM - Eternal:Do I know you from somewhere?
2:14 PM - Bobsplosion: can i offer your unusual?
2:15 PM - Bobsplosion: hello
2:16 PM - Eternal: You don't even have tf2 on your games list
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: did you read my profile info?
2:16 PM - Eternal: I have
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: okay
2:16 PM - Eternal: And why would one need a storage account?
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: To avoid beggars and spammer links that can destroy your good reputation or inventory.
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: i hope you will understand me
2:17 PM - Eternal: Wait how did you find out I had an unusual anyway? I havent put it anywhere to sell it
2:17 PM - Bobsplosion: in the group of Muselks Association Of Reputable Gentlemen!
2:17 PM - Eternal: I found the real bobsplosion. You can go now
2:17 PM - Eternal: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bobsplosion/
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: man?
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: like i said
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: I separate my account to avoid beggars and spammer links that can destroy your good reputation or inventory.
2:19 PM - Eternal: Okay so you say you're looking to buy my unusual?
2:19 PM - Bobsplosion: yes
2:19 PM - Eternal: You buying any others
2:19 PM - Eternal: ?
2:19 PM - Bobsplosion: what do you mean?
2:20 PM - Bobsplosion: i will offer your unusual with 40keys
2:20 PM - Eternal: Well if you really were who you say you are I find it funny that you're trying to buy unusuals, but your main acccount says Craft #1 Tally: 301

Guidelines:

1. You're probably better off trying to sell your items elsewhere; I'm rarely buying these days.
2:20 PM - Eternal: hmmmm
2:20 PM - Eternal: fishyy
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: what do you mean?
2:21 PM - Eternal: I've already had someone try and scam me today buddy, go home
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: how scam work?
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: lol
2:23 PM - Bobsplosion is now Offline.

A cute read
2:13 PM - Eternal: Hello
2:14 PM - Bobsplosion: hi man
2:14 PM - Eternal:Do I know you from somewhere?
2:14 PM - Bobsplosion: can i offer your unusual?
2:15 PM - Bobsplosion: hello
2:16 PM - Eternal: You don't even have tf2 on your games list
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: did you read my profile info?
2:16 PM - Eternal: I have
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: okay
2:16 PM - Eternal: And why would one need a storage account?
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: To avoid beggars and spammer links that can destroy your good reputation or inventory.
2:16 PM - Bobsplosion: i hope you will understand me
2:17 PM - Eternal: Wait how did you find out I had an unusual anyway? I havent put it anywhere to sell it
2:17 PM - Bobsplosion: in the group of Muselks Association Of Reputable Gentlemen!
2:17 PM - Eternal: I found the real bobsplosion. You can go now
2:17 PM - Eternal: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bobsplosion/
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: man?
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: like i said
2:18 PM - Bobsplosion: I separate my account to avoid beggars and spammer links that can destroy your good reputation or inventory.
2:19 PM - Eternal: Okay so you say you're looking to buy my unusual?
2:19 PM - Bobsplosion: yes
2:19 PM - Eternal: You buying any others
2:19 PM - Eternal: ?
2:19 PM - Bobsplosion: what do you mean?
2:20 PM - Bobsplosion: i will offer your unusual with 40keys
2:20 PM - Eternal: Well if you really were who you say you are I find it funny that you're trying to buy unusuals, but your main acccount says Craft #1 Tally: 301

Guidelines:

1. You're probably better off trying to sell your items elsewhere; I'm rarely buying these days.
2:20 PM - Eternal: hmmmm
2:20 PM - Eternal: fishyy
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: what do you mean?
2:21 PM - Eternal: I've already had someone try and scam me today buddy, go home
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: how scam work?
2:21 PM - Bobsplosion: lol
2:23 PM - Bobsplosion is now Offline.
Oh man,that guy also added me...

• Agree
Reactions: Eternal

Users who are viewing this thread