We could use a !votekick/mute/gag (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KomodoHunters14

Hello everybody,
Before you go and explain about abuse and that let me explain. Admins have lives too, and when they arnt around bad things happen (Like today for example I had to play through 2 maps with he same person on blue who Freekilled 3 separate times and didn't have a mic) and I kept on thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could just kick em from Blue team? And other cases where people are spamming, cursing etc, I also wonder why can't we just vote gag or mute them. That's why I'm asking, I don't want to poll anything without feedback first (sorry for the wall of Text)

Ok now you can scream about abuse at me.

I don't agree on the !vote whatever reason.

If people still abuse the !calladmin then why should we have a !votemute.

Also, people use jokes as !ban playername. I've been to servers where you can vote mute/gag/kick someone and most people abuse it.

Btw, there's a simple button that can mute the player for your happiness. Just press esc and press the ear and click the player you want to mute.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc Piss
Hello everybody,
Before you go and explain about abuse and that let me explain. Admins have lives too, and when they arnt around bad things happen (Like today for example I had to play through 2 maps with he same person on blue who Freekilled 3 separate times and didn't have a mic) and I kept on thinking, wouldn't it be great if we could just kick em from Blue team? And other cases where people are spamming, cursing etc, I also wonder why can't we just vote gag or mute them. That's why I'm asking, I don't want to poll anything without feedback first (sorry for the wall of Text)

Ok now you can scream about abuse at me.

Komodo this has been said allot of times before, adding a votekick/voteban/votemute option would be horrible as it could be abused against people who have done nothing wrong or just for people that want to troll.

Yes it would be handy but the negatives of it are bigger then the positives.

• Agree
Reactions: Capri
I don't agree on the !vote whatever reason.

If people still abuse the !calladmin then why should we have a !votemute.

Also, people use jokes as !ban playername. I've been to servers where you can vote mute/gag/kick someone and most people abuse it.

Btw, there's a simple button that can mute the player for your happiness. Just press esc and press the ear and click the player you want to mute.
That's why we make it work like RTV, most of the server has to agree on it, and add a cool down period onto it, that solves spam, the mute, most people don't either know about it, and just straight up don't use it.

I say no, because I haven seen many good players, who got kicked/banned by "noobs".

That's why we make it work like RTV, most of the server has to agree on it, and add a cool down period onto it, that solves spam, the mute, most people don't either know about it, and just straight up don't use it.

50% or even more doesnt read nor understand english, they just press random button or that guy, who started rtv , tells which button you need to press.

How about simply reports? too much of work?

• Agree
Reactions: Da Random
How about simply reports? too much of work?
I personally am lazy, all part of who I am, but no one seems to bother about reports when it comes to the Servers I play on. I mean yes sometimes but it's Very rare

I agree; enabling votes would be horrendous.

If an admin isn't present, !calladmin or record a demo and post a complaint.

Besides, there's no gray area. The system is either abused or votes never get passed.

Hm I see all the Negative feedback. I've decided to give up on this, you guys but are correct on this matter, if someone could be kind to close it after the next post?

Will be abused. I'm clearly against that idea. I think it was proposed once, and got refused because it would be abused. So yeah, no from me.

• Agree
Reactions: HorizonCookie
We could.

Locking this thread as votes are against the idea.

• Winner
Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread