Votes: 10 83.3%
  • pfft. Fuck no.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TEXASSTYLE

Not sure if I should post it in the Admin section or not. But hey, It's a suggestion.

So... I am (as some of you guys should know) an admin on the ff2 server and I tend to wanna go "Incognito".
The reason for that is that people tend to follow the rules as soon as an admin comes around. but starts disrespecting them as soon as this admin leaves.
However when I warn someone I always get these questions "Are you an admin? If so. Proove it." Ofcourse they are easy to solve by using the /ccc tag but as I said. Incognito, so I dont really like the fact of blowing the cover.

So my idea is. to add a /warn command.

How It could work is.

/warn (playername) (reason)
This should give this alone specified player a warning that popps out nice and clear. but also count the warning for the day.

if I later warn the same person for the same reason it should give him a warning again. and also counting that one. so when I warned him the second time it would tell me that
"You have already warned this guy 1 time(s) before!
and just keep going. making much easier to keep track of which players I've warned and which ones I haven't. I tend to give people 3 warnings before punishing them.

Just an idea. What'dya think? anyone up for the task of coding this? because I know pretty much nothing abt coding. except CMD's

Effort. Just stop being a puss and warning so many people. I only give out warnings for not so obvious infractions. If the player does not read the rules upon joining he can jog on as far as I am concerned.

Sounds like a good idea, because it's not easy to keep track of the players you've warned, it would've been a lot easier if the system did that for you.

Even though I am not an admin I have to say that it is a really good idea because if it tracks the Steam ID you warn them once they leave change the name and try it again you warn the person and it says that then you can tell them that it is 2 warnings on them already once more and consequences will be implemented

If the warned player receives a message that says he/she has been warned, it's still pretty easy to figure out who the admin is on the server (an example would be that GameME announces when someone connects, it show's the players position and points). Also, it shouldn't be necessary to warn people who play on our servers almost daily more than once or twice because they should obviously be aware of our rules by then.

The idea is good for tracking warnings, but not for making yourself "incognito".

• Agree
Reactions: Nyah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread