Wall climbing and Knockback on Vs Saxton Hale (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall climbing as sniper on VSH is weapon specific to 'The Bushwacka' is it possible to give all sniper melee the wall climbing abillity?

When I was playing Saxton Hale earlier I was particularly vulnerable to knockback from most sources. In most VSH servers hales have abilities specific to them, for example: Christian Brutal Sniper has arrows, Vagineer has Uber on rage and Demo Bunny has loose cannons (Easter eggs).
Saxton Hale alone has specific immunity to knockback, not complete immunity but a higher resistance to knockback than other hales; whether that would be upon rage or not.

Doesn't Hale have like 25% knockback immunity on Panda, though?

Even if not, I don't really feel like Hale is less powerful than the rest. Vagi may have uber and CBS may have arrows etc, but neither of their rages have the stun which Hale's has. Every powerup of the special bosses have that downside.

Perhaps that is another thing to add? Would it not be better to give all hales except the demo bunny a stun radius? And maybe I was feeling the knockback a little to much than it actually was.

I know for a fact there is a damage decrease when raged as saxton hale. Tested it a couple of times, you receive roughly 40% less damage when raged, the knockback is a little harder to test but i think evo is right. The thing with playing as the hale is the way you play out your round. Each map has specifically powerful classes you need to look out for and more or less target or take out first. If not, the knockback from 1 or 2 fully built sentries is not easy to penetrate. Your movement both on the ground and in the air can help you avoid the knockback and surpass it.

I'm rank 1 for another VSH server, I know the mechanics pretty well and I haven't played Panda's VSH as much. But they do seem pretty similar. Right now I would love to see the wall climbing ability given to all sniper melee, the knockback thing was just a little uncertainty...

I guess adding the sniper climbing to all snipers melee wouldn't be an issue but i don't think it's necessary. Some weapons have special abilities and frankly it should be kept as special abilities. Just allows for different play styles i guess.

Some do more damage, some less, bleeding, etc. If all melee was made wall climbing, the shahanshah would be overly powerful.

it would do more damage more easily, for sure, but I'm not sure I'd call a long-ranged class in a close range fight with a muscled Australian man "overpowered". Especially since the extra damage entails having less than 60 hp so you're definitely dead in one punch, it's not as if you can do it while overhealed. Or even at full health, which makes it pretty damn specific.

With the amount of damage it would do, maps like dust and mannco would be near darn impossible. Snipers are powerful as it is.

possibly yes, but the bushwacka blocks healing. this would yet again be making a better version of the bushwacka..

With the amount of damage it would do, maps like dust and mannco would be near darn impossible. Snipers are powerful as it is.

I doubt it would make that much of a difference.

possibly yes, but the bushwacka blocks healing. this would yet again be making a better version of the bushwacka..

It only has that effect because it has the climbing going for it. So any melee it would get transferred to would have the healing blocked as well.

And with that in mind, it should NOT be placed on all of them. Players who are melee fighting Hale with the default knife wouldn't be able to get healed or ubered, whereas people who equip the Bushwacka actively know what they are getting into. So definitely not on the default.

This is what i was referring to when talking about different play styles

something about your response says you're lacking it xD (joking) if bushwacka has healing block than just give stock healing block *simples*

something about your response says you're lacking it xD (joking) if bushwacka has healing block than just give stock healing block *simples*

And with that in mind, it should NOT be placed on all of them. Players who are melee fighting Hale with the default knife wouldn't be able to get healed or ubered, whereas people who equip the Bushwacka actively know what they are getting into. So definitely not on the default.

Post 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread