Completed VSH: remove military_area or militaryzone (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

Currently, there ar.... actually i think i did enough copy paste so ill say things myself now

So as its already clear to most here, i made a new thread about the removal of either military_area or militaryzone.
Since people want to have one of the barnnight maps removed since we already have 2, i think that we should also have one of the military maps removed. Not just because, but the fact that these maps are also very unbalanced for the hale. Soldiers, spys and demoknights can easily get their health replenished just by taking one of the kits, of which there are atleast 5 big healthpack kits in one small map. It was actually already suggested to change the healthpacks i think, but nothing was done (seriously dont know why). So thats why because one of them should be removed (or kept).

But before you cast your vote and not sure which map is which, here are some google images of how they look like (incase you need it).

1589115126851.png
1589115166188.png

As I already expressed in my own thread, I believe that it is generally fine to have 2 versions of military. However, I usually don't care to play both versions quickly after another, and if one is getting removed, I do think that military area is superior. Zone adds nothing to the original and some of the changes even limit mobility (the weird stairs up to the spawn house, being unable to jump from the primary blue crate back onto the wooden walkway) or are just distracting and pointless (the random-ass hallway at the end of the map that doesn't allow for much interactive fighting as it is narrow).

Still deciding which to vote, keep both or keep only area, but those are my thoughts for now.

I could agree with the stairs part but for the rest i dont think so.
Zone adds nothing to the original and some of the changes even limit mobility
The water tower and this sniping hut can be accessible to stand on and wont prohibit your mobility when midair making superjumping, rocketjumping, flarejumping and whatever else there is, easier and less annoying (in military_area you would be basically flying against an invisivble wall midair which i think is annoying af).
And the Pyramids in military_area have been replaced with these weird barrels or whatever that is, that dont make you stuck in there as hale or anyone else.

(the random-ass hallway at the end of the map that doesn't allow for much interactive fighting as it is narrow).
maybe not much fighting but can be good for sticktraps or engie/heavy bases, aswell as a "delay" to give others more time to build up

Fair assessments. I quite like that in Area, Hales have to jump around the middle building so that you can predict their patterns of movement a bit easier, although I can see how this would be a problem as military tends to make it very hard for Hales to win. I also like the pyramids, it's really fun to get a boss stuck in there and I miss it while playing on Zone.

edit: also since you gave my post about the vote count in my thread an Agree, do you wanna do the same here?

Vote deadline passed, could someone add this to the to do list?

Winning option: keep only area and remove zone

I'm surprised how little support keeping both maps got relative to what I would have expected; maybe if more players on the server who don't visit the forums were aware of this vote it would have gone a different way, who knows. Their loss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread