Declined VSH/FF2 sniper nerf idea (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

haze

Decrease sniper rifle knockback as number of snipers increases

e.g:
1 sniper: 100% knockback
2 snipers: 50% knockback
3 snipers: 33% knockback
4 snipers: 25% knockback
etc.

I know theres a cap limit in the process of being added for sniper but 3 good snipers is still enough to make it hell for hale

i don't know the sniper situation on FF2 but if it's as bad as it is on VSH it can be added there too.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Roar and Jim Bob

^ Just incase anybody needs a reference for what was mentioned above.

Also for this we'll need something to go off other than an idea. Like where it needs to be altered, an example? Not sure how this works I will probably never touch pluggins in my life ::):
If we don't get anything, this suggestion will be declined. You have till the poll finishes in 7 days.

Taking a look at the Saxton Hale source (from git lul), on line 5145, there is something referencing float damageForce, maybe that can be modified.
https://github.com/FlaminSarge/Vers...ster/addons/sourcemod/scripting/saxtonhale.sp

If anyone wants to take a look at this, go ahead.
C++:
ScaleVector(damageForce, 9.0); //Line 5160, maybe a way to reduce some knockback?
C++:
if (TF2_GetPlayerClass(attacker) == TFClass_Sniper)
{
    amountSnipers = 0;
    /* Psuedo code time!
    - Get an array of (I think?) of attacker's team classes.
    - Count the amount of snipers. We will assign this to amountSnipers */

// Also I believe damageForce = 1 means default knockback, maybe I am wrong?
    ScaleVector(damageForce, 1/amountSnipers);
    return Plugin_Changed;
}
I don't have much experience with SDKhook or sourcemod, so there might be errors in this.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Racer911-1
Yeah the votes aren't exactly clear. Some maybe for FF2 and some maybe for VSH.
I'll only consider VSH for this.

Think it is best to see how the class limit will pan out first before nerfing sniper further. Would like to thank @tres for looking and maybe this can be looked into later on if the class restriction isn't enough.

Also @Matth would like to know opinion. Will be putting this on hold.

• Agree
Reactions: Roar
@Madact This suggestion basically died cause it got replaced by this one . Indeed nobody was willing to create the code, also we figured out that the main problem is not the sniper itself but the huge amount of them in big maps.
So ye, this suggestion can be put on hold. We firstly see how the sniper class limit works. If that's not good then we'll think again about this suggestion.. just if somebody is gonna make the code tho, otherwise it's useless.

However the first step is reducing sniper limit, it's almost 2 months since its approval and still nothing xD

Ah, btw that's just for VSH atm, cause it was born as a suggestion by the VSH community..and I don't know if FF2 has problems with many snipers. In case they want, they'll make their own suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread