Completed VSH/FF2 Map Removal Megathread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiji

Both servers have a decent amount of maps that either hated by players or basically almost unplayed. In this thread I will be suggesting some maps for removal.

This is also based on feedback from players, I spent a decent amount of time on both servers so I know which maps are disliked. Feel free to post your own feedback as well.

I added explanations to some of the more popular maps as to why they should be removed.

- arena_badlands

- arena_lumberyard

- arena_nucleus

- arena_offblast_finale

- arena_ravine

- arena_refinery_b30

- arena_watchtower_fix2e

- vsh_arcticbase_b3 (The problem with this map is that rounds can sometimes take up to 10 minutes due to the way it's designed. The map is huge and it has two long corridors on both sides, as well as long undergrounds vents that connect RED and BLU bases.)

- vsh_megaman6_rc1

- vsh_paths&scares_v2

- vsh_pruvia_v9

- vsh_spotline_r1a

- vsh_west_fix_d3

Last edited:
I completely agree with this proposal. For all of my time on the server, I've never actually played on any of these maps more than once or twice (exception being peaches_castle), hell, the majority of them I have never played on at all, though that might be due to the fact that people like to spam the same couple of maps on repeat non-stop, those being: military_area, Weapon_storage (both versions), Crevice, Skyhigh, Nebula and Degroot_ Keep.
Additionally, if a bit controversially, I would add Warebloom to this list as well. The map's closed roof makes one of Hale's signature abilities - the super jump, into a near useless tool that will get you severely punished if used in any capacity outside of very small and precise jumps.

• Agree
Reactions: B1000 and .....
I couldn't agree more with?. @Kron Krian @Kruphixx , I understand that these maps were popular in 2013,but it's now 2022,these maps are some major problems, these maps are server destroys ,in a matter of mind these get lots rtvs in seconds because they are small and u really cant market garden on some of these maps and peaches castle is full of lots of glitches and the black hole that's takes u to hale spawn where can put teleports there and telefrag the hale,i hope panda family can fix this problem please.

• Agree
Reactions: B1000 and KronKrian
Adding my late 2 cents here, some of these maps aren't actually that bad. The reason they're not being played on that often is because people would rather play on same 5 maps over and over (YES i'm looking at you regulars who nominate and vote for the same thing constantly). Since i started playing here 2 years ago, i've only seen people complain the most about megaman and nucleus, these two get rtv'd to the oblivion every single time, the rest is a OK. If you guys really want to remove maps the good idea would be to at least add some maps to replace those being removed.

vsh_towertop is a good map, it is played often, it has a fun gimmick and because of it stands out from the rest, it doesn't deserve to be removed!!! You can't change my mind.

Adding my late 2 cents here, some of these maps aren't actually that bad. The reason they're not being played on that often is because people would rather play on same 5 maps over and over (YES i'm looking at you regulars who nominate and vote for the same thing constantly). Since i started playing here 2 years ago, i've only seen people complain the most about megaman and nucleus, these two get rtv'd to the oblivion every single time, the rest is a OK. If you guys really want to remove maps the good idea would be to at least add some maps to replace those being removed.

vsh_towertop is a good map, it is played often, it has a fun gimmick and because of it stands out from the rest, it doesn't deserve to be removed!!! You can't change my mind.
I agree with you. I don't think the majority of these maps are bad, despite never having played on most of them. It's that people like the same couple of maps (some of which I already listed. I also forgot to add fortdesk in there), and want to play them on repeat over and over.
Maybe a better solution would be to increase the quantity of maps that need to be played before a map can be nominated again, though that might also not help much because people will simply adapt a couple of maps to the already existing rotation and continue with their routine business as usual.

Attachments

• 20211202_222147.png
    20211202_222147.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 85

All map related stuff for VSH and FF2 (Additions, Updates, Removals) will happen at the same time, so all removed maps will be replaced by new ones.

• Useful
Reactions: B1000 and .....
could we like add jungle beach to this, its so bad optimized.

Reactions: KronKrian
poll3.jpg

The last poll is over, so it's time to summarise this.

Maps up for removal:

- arena_badlands
- arena_lumberyard
- arena_nucleus
- arena_ravine
- arena_refinery_b30
- vsh_megaman6_rc1
- vsh_paths&scares_v2
- vsh_pruvia_v9
- vsh_spotline_r1a

- vsh_west_fix_d3

Staying:

- arena_offblast_finale
- arena_watchtower_fix2e
- vsh_arcticbase_b3

Thanks everyone for voting and feedback on this.

Added to Task #220 - VSH / FF2 - Add / Remove maps

maps have been removed, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread