VSH balance ideas (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snorre

So, as you can tell by my playtime on the server and that I made my "Hey" thread like yesterday, I haven't been playing on the server for a long time, but in the few hours I have actually spent on the server, I have noticed a couple of things I think should be changed for a better gameplay experience.

In general
- Do so you can see hales health as a dead instead of having to type !halehp everytime. (You know the blue health-box thingy right?)
- Fix the HHHs melee weapon glitching out. I have seen this bug on a lot of vsh servers and I don't know if it is fixable. (This also sometimes happens as demoknight on team red, and I haven't seen it glitch out for red players on other servers and that is kinda weird).

RTD related
-
Remove the RTD that makes the hale scared. It is just annoying.
- In general remove OP RTDs if there are more, I just haven't seen yet.

Specific:

Sentry guns deal way too much knockback/is op and annoying to deal with
- My suggestion -
Make the sentry deal less knockback and make it so the hales rage hits the sentry in a larger area. (So the sentry gets affected by rage in a larger area).

Manntreads is really op and is really annoying to deal with as hale (especially if he is just jumping away, not going for markets).
- My suggestion -
Make soldiers wearing them get less health from healthpacks or just less jump boost.

Pyro airblast is kinda OP and pretty annoying to deal with as hale.
- My suggestion -
Do some kind of cooldown on the flamethrowers. Right now you can just spam it and jump away to an ammo pack.

Hitreg (I know you can't do anything, but it is super annoying that like every second hit doesn't count even tho you hear the hitsound).

- My suggestion -
Fix pls gaben

Stuff that will likely not happen:
- Infinite ammo - More fun
- No capture point - More fun

I also think that the server should be much quicker to count you as afk. As of writing this post, I have gotten kicked 1000 times because of AFKing and when there isn't any admin on, it takes so long for me to get kicked. So my suggestion is just to kick AFK players faster, so the admins don't have to deal with that 24/7.

I would love to hear all that you have to say about ^^ in the comments below, even tho it isn't any positive. :)

Remember that all of this is based on my VSH experience and MY OPINION. (probably over 1000 hours even tho a lot of that was when I didn't know what I was doing).

Last little disclaimer I want to throw out there: I am not trying to be annoying or hate on the server, because I think it is good and there is a lot of nice people, but it is just something I have noticed, and VSH would be more enjoyable if fixed imo.

Enough rambling, have a nice day :)

- Fix the HHHs melee weapon glitching out. I have seen this bug on a lot of vsh servers and I don't know if it is fixable. (This also sometimes happens as demoknight on team red, and I haven't seen it glitch out for red players on other servers and that is kinda weird).
We have talked about this one before, I don't remember if we got any further with it, but it's not fixed indeed.

RTD related
-
Remove the RTD that makes the hale scared. It is just annoying.
- In general remove OP RTDs if there are more, I just haven't seen yet.
I would say it's not needed. The chances of getting a good RTD is usually really small, but it might happend. If you are donor, the chances of getting a better RTD is better, but still not 100%. To have some good ones is useful if you get raged or last player alive. IMO, this should stay.

Pyro airblast is kinda OP and pretty annoying to deal with as hale.
- My suggestion -
Do some kind of cooldown on the flamethrowers. Right now you can just spam it and jump away to an ammo pack.
Oh god, another "please fix pyro":kappa:
Not even sure where to begin. The pyro is a really known and familiar problem here on forum, let's just say that. We should by now have a pyro-limit on the to-do list, as we voted for a limit. We have spoken about removing weapons/reduce ammo etc, but I think we got to an agreement where limit was the best(?).

Stuff that will likely not happen:
- Infinite ammo - More fun
- No capture point - More fun
Infinite ammo is more fun? How much weed have you smoked?:spy1:
As for the capture point, we do have capture points on all maps, but they are disabled so you can't capture.

I also think that the server should be much quicker to count you as afk. As of writing this post, I have gotten kicked 1000 times because of AFKing and when there isn't any admin on, it takes so long for me to get kicked. So my suggestion is just to kick AFK players faster, so the admins don't have to deal with that 24/7.
We don't have a AFK manager on VSH server. I think there was some problems with it back when the server had it. I am not sure about this, but I know as for now, we don't have it. Get used to go spectate, because if you are AFK hale, you are breaking rules.

All this comes from a dude with over 2700 hours experience of VSH:pepe2:

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
I believe PNN pretty much summed it up.
As for any glitches that happen I don't see them getting fixed unless you have someone willing to do all this and even then you'd have to get it when kevin is free.

If there is like...1 thing in this that we can focus on and that is possible then we'll attempt to push for it. It's just a lot of information and too many requests for one thread! xD

I'll leave this open for now.

I would say the main things in this thread are AFK manager being added (or if it already exists reduction of time it takes to kick/move the player) which is probably the easiest thing to fix. Otherwise if we are going to push for one bigger thing to fix I'd say the most important is the weapon glitch for HHH as the rest seem to just be personal opinions.

I would say the main things in this thread are AFK manager being added (or if it already exists reduction of time it takes to kick/move the player) which is probably the easiest thing to fix. Otherwise if we are going to push for one bigger thing to fix I'd say the most important is the weapon glitch for HHH as the rest seem to just be personal opinions.

As for AFK manager, I said it was a thing VSH had, but got removed. Someone correct me on this if I am wrong, but it kicked stealth admins aswell(?). @Danny care to shed a light on that one?

The HHH glitch is a rare thing, and it happends close to never. However, when it happends it’s just not playable as the glitch makes your axe swing faster then Eminem can rap words. The axe swings, but if you swing at people it does not kill, and if you try to climb a wall it does not work. This is not anything the enemy team can see, only the player who uses HHH at the time. I don’t see it is a major priority to fix this one, as it’s not common at all.

EDIT; Yes I wan’t it fixed of course to please everyone, but I’d rather see other changes like maps and disable hale plugin first.

but it kicked stealth admins aswell(?)
I'm not sure if it kicks admins, maybe he meant to say moving them into spec? This only happens when you use that command and remain afk for more than 45 seconds as it moves you into spectators indeed. Just keep pressing some movement keys every 10 seconds and it will be fine.
However it doesn't happen if you are a donator and an admin at the same time, as if i remember well donators can't be moved into AFK's automatically after a period of inactivity in the server

EDIT; Yes I wan’t it fixed of course to please everyone, but I’d rather see other changes like maps and disable hale plugin first.

Maps and disable becoming Hale are issues which have been raised in previous threads I have also shown support for, I was choosing the most important from the ones listed in the OP. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Furken
So AFK was a thing but was a removed for a reason by Kevin. If this is the case I don't see that coming back.

The glitch for HHH is so rare that it's not worth bothering with? Does anybody know what causes it in the first place?
For something to be fixed we need a demo or someway to replicate what happens so it's clear to however can fix it what exactly the problem is. Otherwise they can't...they'll try to keep doing it themselves and keep failing, giving up in the process.

So if anybody here experiences it, record a demo. Maybe figure out what happened at the beginning of the round. Possible switching weapons? Which buttons hit on keyboard? Hale before? What weapon their original demo was carrying? Maybe it's something to do with any of those? Taking a wild guess, but it must be triggered by something.

@Madact the HHH glitch happens very often, I've made a demo and reported it on the forums, but no one seemed to care alot.
See this thread

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
This is now in the list under 'Bugs' category. I've pointed out there is a demo, but if it can't be an easy fix I don't see this getting done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread