Join Message
Double XP and Gold for every kill in War3Source Mod
Donator chat colors
RTD: Increased chance for a good effect
No Classlimits
Swap Command to change teams (/swap)
Trails (currently disabled)
Killstreak Effects
Sentrys and Dispensers get random hats with a chance of an Unusual Effect for both

Well those are some decent benefits, but why not give the Donators the option to Start a Vote Kick or Vote Mute?
Yes it can be abused but only if normal members do it.
Donators has something to lose unlike the normal members who doesn't have anything to lose, so incase of abuse the Donator can be punished by just taking away his Donator status?
Donators are people who care about the community, why would a Donator do something to hurt it?

Giving donators more rights would be like putting them above the other players. This is not the message we want to give off. Donating is a voluntary act by people who want to help the community, and in reward they get a few playthings that have no big impact on the game.

Believe me, I've seen donators abuse the vote. Any kid or any douchebag can donate and use the power to cause harm without us finding out for a while. But even if we would keep a watch on it and punish them for not doing it correctly, my first point still stands. It gives more power to donators than others, which is not what we want to do.

There is a difference by the kind of power you're talking about, its not like nigh-team or the other communities who give benefits that make you a god on the battlefield, and Donators already have more power for example RTD Double Xp and such, i don't think a douchebag will donate just to start a vote kick.
Also a vote means 1/3 of the people on the server will have to agree to vote against that specific player.
And that's why abuse won't happen since people will be warned to not abuse vote's that are started by vip's.
i'm just recommending this since this community is very big and it has a small amount of admins compared to the servers and therefor sometimes players don't obey the rules and they don't get punished for it.
Also even if someone will get voted and get kicked, it'll only be a 5 minutes kick or mute.
also you can make some kind of cool-down to avoid abuse for example 2 votes a day and such.

No. This won't happen.
We tried this 2-3 times in the last year, each time it failed with donators abusing their powers to kick innocents to free a slot or to just kick somebody they don't like. There's is a reason why we're looking for admins. If anything, we will implement a "Trusted" rank for people who fit being an admin but don't want to be forced to be active, or people that don't fit admin but will fit a "Trusted" rank.

Well this "Trusted" Rank is actually pretty good idea, it might work.

Yeah I want to agree on giving donators that form of votemute and votekick powers is pretty much a bad idea. Usually when the vote starts people just mash the 1 button to get it out of the way. It's not always the case, but basically if you give donators that they basically have toned down admin powers. If you want powers, apply for admin.
I kind of don't like the trusted rank idea. If they are trusted, why can't they just be admin? Sure admins are going to be inactive, they aren't robots and have a life to deal with. Forced to be active? Mhm true, there's no point in having an admin that isn't active, but surely if they are that inactive then what's the point giving them a trusted rank if they rarely come on anyways?

Reactions: Gold
We've discussed this tonnes. The last time it happened I suggested the trusted rank stuff, and we all decided it was a good idea, yet a pain to implement and moderate. Unlikely it'll ever happen.

TL;DR the other posts but panda doesnt make donators special, simple.

Giving donators more rights would be like putting them above the other players. This is not the message we want to give off. Donating is a voluntary act by people who want to help the community, and in reward they get a few playthings that have no big impact on the game.

Believe me, I've seen donators abuse the vote. Any kid or any douchebag can donate and use the power to cause harm without us finding out for a while. But even if we would keep a watch on it and punish them for not doing it correctly, my first point still stands. It gives more power to donators than others, which is not what we want to do.
thanks, i am up with evo on that.

Reactions: Supreme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread