Viking's ban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_gamer tick 47.000 reported viking for hacking -> call abuse, wasnt punished?

looked at cammy´s demo, too. The time is taken up a bit offset, which is normal in the spec. mode. Then u r meaning he didn´t charge a guy, but he damaged him. i tried it often. A gud friend have a very gud connection(me too) and i spectated him. i saw the same like in this demo. It was not recorded at the same time. There is a little difference.

the_gamer tick 47.000 reported viking for hacking -> call abuse, wasnt punished?

looked at cammy´s demo, too. The time is taken up a bit offset, which is normal in the spec. mode. Then u r meaning he didn´t charge a guy, but he damaged him. i tried it often. A gud friend have a very gud connection(me too) and i spectated him. i saw the same like in this demo. It was not recorded at the same time. There is a little difference.
He wasn't punished because he was right. You can tell he's hacking just from him shooting his pistol.

He wasn't punished because he was right. You can tell he's hacking just from him shooting his pistol.
ffs -> call abuse (reported one guy, but admin was there) doesn´t matter if he was right or false

For once, Fiescha is correct. The call abuse did happen, but I believe that the administrators were busy watching the accused player.

• Agree
Reactions: Zou
For once, Fiescha is correct. The call abuse did happen, but I believe that the administrators were busy watching the accused player.

yeah, but u can punish the guy later. if u r looking at the demo to be 100% sure

ffs -> call abuse (reported one guy, but admin was there) doesn´t matter if he was right or false
I sometimes don't punish call abuse to stay hidden. I didn't rewatch when the abuse happened but it might've been the case there, wether it was me or Zou that was there.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: Zou and Fiescha
Time to waste a portion of my life defending against the claims.

Please watch the entire thing, or at least the points of interest.

The first demo I'm breaking down is the one named 'w3s1', which I think is first in Cammy's post. Have a look at it while reading this breakdown.

The first few thousand ticks is just gameplay footage of Tomeno being unpleasant, but at
[9000], there's a brilliant example of how the reticule in the demo is way off the client's actual pointer. Tomeno kills a scout several centimeters to the left of where he is shooting. There's nothing fishy about this in reality, but on the demo it looks really sketchy. Bear this in mind when watching any tf2 demo.

[24000] I fire my pistol for the first time in the footage. Nothing suspicious with this mediocre aim, but I'm sure the nonbelievers will just say that the hacks were turned off at that point.

[36000]-[39000] Some demoman footage, a good vantage point and comparison to my later play. I'm getting destroyed by a scout with an orb. I get some multikills due to tightly-packed groups of players. You can see how high my sensitivity is when walking up the tower. Nothing suspicious, but again, a good place to compare for later.

Point of interest-[41000]-[47000] This is where I can see how things are getting a bit suspicious. I get a lot of great (and many not so great) flickshots against some airborne targets, and an almost 180 degree flick against a heavy (Which I miss, if you look closely). Though this is because I knew approximately where he was due to the bullets. Against the scouts, however, my aim is atrocious, especially against the one with the orb item.

[56000] I turn somewhat abruptly and hit a medic. This is because a Chronosphere appears behind me and I know you can only place those very close to you.

Beyond this point there is a whole load of scout gameplay. I'm not seeing the cheese here, but the spectators are commenting on my flickshots. Cool, I guess. It's difficult to see which I hit and which I don't hit due to the nature of the demo (See tick [9000]), but I think I hit most of them. The spectators claim I hit them all.

[81000] I play Heavy. Tomeno messes up his spectator chat and I can see that he says "Now it will show". They've been spectating for ages at this point, and I assumed it was on me because there had already been a couple of people trying the 'calladmin' command.

[83000] I fire at a scout with decent aim. I keep firing even when he is really far away because I know he's low on health due to damage batching. This is a legitimate feature, read about it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3228591. They talk about how it works with flamethrowers, but it applies to any rapid-firing weapon.

[87500] I start playing sniper. It's completely mediocre, with the exception of my SMG-play. That's to be expected, really. Why would I still have an australium SMG if I was terrible with it?

[100000] I become a little bit spastic. This is because I'm looking for the sniper that got away, I had absolutely no idea where he could be so I quickly scan each area. According to the spectator chat a little later, this is "definitely aimbot lol".

[118000] They finally dare make the claim; "he's definitely hacking then". I hope people are still reading up until this point.

[123000] I hit an ambassador headshot that was "definitely not on his head". Again, demo innacuracy. I once again refer back to [9000].

Quiet period here. You can see how much Tomeno despises me in the chat though. I make a mistake and then do something correctly, and the response is "He tried to play without hacks but failed miserably so he switched them on again". I go AFK for a couple of seconds to change loadout and class, the response is "He is setting up his hacks". I proceed to exit spawn as a Holiday Punch Heavy. The world trembles as Viking pulls out his notorious Holiday Punch hacks.

Point of interest [144500] The first admin arrives. I've been playing long enough to know who the admins are. There is no hacking up until this point, why would I start once an admin joins spectator?

[146400] The reason I'm punching the air is to show the spectators I'm not using the naix bug. I've been accused of this before, so that's why I'm not hesitating to show the spectating admin my rate of attack. People might not believe me on this part, but that's ok. It doesn't really matter with respect to this accusation. The chat response is "He should hit all of his melee hits".

[148000] Zou reveals that he is spectating. If people don't believe I was ever aware of the spectators, this is definite proof that I was. A few moments later after one good heavy melee kill, he says "Yup, this is suspicous", again revealing to the players that they are fishing for hacks.

Point of interest [155000] As a heavy fighting a soldier, I have a little spazzout. But if one looks closely, the soldier has the same kind of spazzout. This is because of the war3source skill that makes you mesmerized or something, it transfers between players upon dealing damage (war3source regulars can confirm). Both the soldier and I take turns standing still in awkward moments. I don't know if those reading this have ever been immobilized when playing TF2, but it's awkward when all you can do is look around. Because then you do just that; look around.

[156800] Here I play Scout again. Yes, my aim is good and my flicks are accurate. Sometimes. My dodging is not as great. I take a few pistol shots at long range targets. When firing a pistol, the first shot is very accurate. I hit a pyro with it at medium range. The pyro dies in about three shots. Lucky. At some point I fire it at a heavy also at medium range. The heavy is headshot and nobody gets the assist. Meaning the shots did not land.

[164000] I shoot and hit a heavy many times from a long distance. I'm not actually trying to kill him with the pistol, just slow him down with the orb so my sniper buddy can get a headshot. Many of the hits land though, comfortably enough. Tomeno and cammy still claim every pistol shot I shoot hits.

For the rest of the recording I play Sydney Sniper, and miss many shots. The paranoid spectators can apparently only see the shots I hit, even though the demo clearly shows I only hit about a third of the time.

Whew. I just watched and commented on 43 minutes of my own gameplay. Y'know what I could have done with that time instead? Playing on my favourite Team Fortress server with my friends. I guess I'll have to break down the other recording too at some point, but this will do for now. I hope someone who is not Cammy or Tomeno has a look at this and voices their opinion. According to them they have "already established he is using aimbot, finding more examples is uneccessary".

One time a friend banned someone for what looked like an obvious hack. He later found out it was just a bug due to some admin commands. He went through the list of players, found the player in question's steam ID, added them, and apologized. It was a week later. Imagine that, someone who actually, genuinely wants to help.
I'm just going to ignore this whole post as I'm still suspecting you of wallhack and NOT aimbot as I mentioned earlier. But while reviewing the ticks you explained I recognized a different suspicious thing. In the demo w3s1.dem, wich is indeed from @Tekukarin - Cammy, at tick 89000 you can clearly see how your aim jumps on his head TWICE while he is behind a wall, between those two jumps you take a quick look at the dispensers to your right without any clear reason to do so besides a wallhack. You might want to watch the specific point with ~40-50% speed and with replay_rendersetting_renderglow 1. I'm curious how you're going to explain that.

Reactions: Cammy
Can't confirm, the setting doesn't work for me.

Try to type demoui in the console

The first one I cannot explain. It seems that when I unscoped, the reticule starts at his head and then pans perfectly to the right.

The dispenser is really vague. I'm walking towards a ramp and my crosshair is at some point at the veeery bottom of a dispenser across the map and behind three walls, probably even farther away than the sniper I'm fighting. Why would that even be mentioned?

The third one also looks weird. It does seem like my aim kinda snaps to his head at some point, but if you take a look at the shot I miss before I get the kill, I'm actually aiming several centimetres above where the demo shows. You can see the bullet hole in the wall. This means that only one axis is on the enemy's head when it seems to snap. These coincidences are plenty.

The first one I cannot explain. It seems that when I unscoped, the reticule starts at his head and then pans perfectly to the right.

The dispenser is really vague. I'm walking towards a ramp and my crosshair is at some point at the veeery bottom of a dispenser across the map and behind three walls, probably even farther away than the sniper I'm fighting. Why would that even be mentioned?

The third one also looks weird. It does seem like my aim kinda snaps to his head at some point, but if you take a look at the shot I miss before I get the kill, I'm actually aiming several centimetres above where the demo shows. You can see the bullet hole in the wall. This means that only one axis is on the enemy's head when it seems to snap. These coincidences are plenty.
May I ask what key you've bound "+ultimate" to?

Q and middle-mouse. If I need my aiming hand to be free while using the ultimate (Naix, hammerstorm etc), I use Q.

If I need access to all movement keys for better positioning (Chronos, succubus etc), I use middle-mouse.

Unbanned, I'm genuinely sorry for the false accusations. But I've never seen a recording with that many coincidences. (Aka. I'll keep an eye on you)

For the others information:
The last ticks I mentioned (89000+ in w3s1.dem) have the following reasons:

First flick on his head: He healed himself using the ultimate of the race Warden (he pressed the middle mousebutton and moved his mouse while pressing it).
The look at the dispensers: walking to the ramp as he mentioned (however I still don't understand why you didn't keep your mouse where the sniper was :p)
Second flick on his head: An inaccurate displayed mouse placement as you can see ~1 second later when he headshots the sniper his bullet is displayed a little above the snipers head.

About the other accusations:
Aimbot: There rarely is a reason to believe he's aimbotting. His aim usually flicks to the spot where the bullets came from a short moment after the bullets are displayed, a usual problem with demos.
By the way, compliment on your great smg and pistol aim. (You can see, if you watch the demo in slowmotion, that he misses some bullets, enough to be not an aimbot.)

Cheers!

I do thank you for taking it all so seriously. It's a good effort to analyze a demo, and a good eye for noticing those inexplicable moments. Sorry for my outburst yesterday. I was frustrated that nobody could see the truth, while still understanding while people would not believe me. It was a difficult balance.

Alright, I just rewatched parts of the demo that I found most obivious at 5%-10% speed. Turns out I was wrong, your mouse movements are just really really weird and look like aimbot when viewed at full speed. I'm sorry for being such a jerk in this thread, it's just how I act to people that I'm sure don't deserve good treatment, turns out I was wrong. I hope you'll forgive me for this.

Sorry.

Alright, I just rewatched parts of the demo that I found most obivious at 5%-10% speed. Turns out I was wrong, your mouse movements are just really really weird and look like aimbot when viewed at full speed. I'm sorry for being such a jerk in this thread, it's just how I act to people that I'm sure don't deserve good treatment, turns out I was wrong. I hope you'll forgive me for this.

Sorry.

Thanks man!

I'm glad we don't have to be up in each other's grill all the time then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread