Viewing Previous Ban(s) Of Players (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Death Stalker

Hello and a good day to all of you.
So having recently become a trial, I have learnt about source ban and how admins should extend the length of a ban on any person who has prior bans on record for that offense.
For this, the admins must alt+tab outta TF2, then come to the site, view SB and dig up the player by first taking his SteamID from gameME, then pasting it in the SB search section.
As it happens, this method is IMO kind of long, especially for people with an internet no better than a snail (like me :(). Also it can take some time confirming the player's identity.
Now the server automatically tells us when a player connects of any prior ban(s). What it doesn't tell us is the record of those who were already there.
I was thinking that maybe we can add some sort of plug-in or maybe a SM command (I heard that "sm_listsbbans <SteamID/Username>" is something but it doesn't work on duel, at any rate) that could possibly list any previous bans of a player on executing a command, avoiding the 'longer' process. Maybe just repeat the SB check that comes when a player connects, you know?
So yeah, that's about it. What do you all think?

P.S: Since I am still a forums noob, please notify/move this to the proper thread if I wrongly posted this here!

We used to have the plugin which lists sourcebans in the console, but it aint working. No idea what happened to it though. @Kevin

• Agree
Reactions: The Death Stalker
Pretty sure we still have it, that plug-in is the one that makes the sourceban check appear when a player joins. Infact, the site where the plug-in is listed is where I saw the author mentioning the SM command.
Its just bugged out, I guess...

Please go right ahead with discussing the main issue, but I wish to suggest an alternative which might be appealing to some as well.

Something I used to do is, after I was done playing (like I had just been in VSH for two hours and did some admin work in that time period), I would go to Sourcebans and look at the punishments I dished out during that time. If it appeared that someone who I had punished had a track record of previous punishments, I would make it longer. So instead of spending time for each person in-server, which can be quite tiring, you just have one after-game session of a minute or two in which you look at your punishments of the last few hours and fix all those which need fixing in one sitting.

Of course if there is an easy "sm_listsbans" option, the method I just proposed will probably be the less suitable and more time-consuming option. It is mainly an alternative should that command prove impossible to implement.

The sm_listsbbans command has been changed to sm_listbans so it's easier to type. So no it wasn't removed.

"sm_listbans" works fine. Much thanks! :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Lighty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread