Veteran hacker on the loose! :Cronix (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this thread is necrobumped anyway... I have to admit that guy is pretty damn good, but I didn't see anything wich was suspicious enough to be a wallhack, if there are any questions give me the video + time stamp and I'll try to explain it to you.
I doubt you would notice anything though, because of your leet skills.
Personally I am rather tired of dying to rockets before I even go around the corner, but taking a demo is 2hard4me

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chillix
Solid and I will review demos if present.

As soon as I got the time I will start to record demos myself again, starting tomorrow. Would be nice to get an end of this.

Now I'm not exactly sure myself, but here's a demo from today:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8043H7TXXXqOXh1d0J3amRfSnM/view?usp=sharing

Interesting moments:
tick 5300
tick 12300
tick 16600

It was a bit irritating. (Not because of the vaccinator medics though)
I'll render the demo tomorrow
You are recording when you're playing, I don't think that can tell us much and verify if he's hacking. I got some demos as well, but I need more before I'll send them to someone.

You are recording when you're playing, I don't think that can tell us much and verify if he's hacking. I got some demos as well, but I need more before I'll send them to someone.

Of course, and you also have no reverse lag compensation of his movement because it's a clientside demo.

Maybe it's been asked before, but why are replays not enabled on the server?

that was a damn useful comment

Can admin enable replays only for 2fort and maybe only for some time?
they are shit
require realplayer which uses a format standardized in 1994 and never used again
they crash a ton of the time
they don't work most of the time
they make the server lag and stuff
demos are better is 105% of cases

they are shit
require realplayer which uses a format standardized in 1994 and never used again
they crash a ton of the time
they don't work most of the time
they make the server lag and stuff
demos are better is 105% of cases

Realplayer? What?

The replay system simply saves modified demos serverside ala SourceTV, allowing clients to download the full movement data of all players/entities and being able to move and switch the camera to first person for every player, basically just an enhanced demo system.

The extra load on the server should be negligible, however I don't have any metrics to prove that, would have to look into it a bit more.

A simple demo will suffice, no need to turn on replays if you're decent at getting demos.

Sit in spectate when he's on and record a demo (preferably in first person) and then we can review it. Enabling replays requires Kevin to do something to the server which, unless replays were a necessity (which they aren't), would most likely happen in about 4 months (and that's me being optimistic about it)

No need for replays, get demos for us to review.

Realplayer? What?

The replay system simply saves modified demos serverside ala SourceTV, allowing clients to download the full movement data of all players/entities and being able to move and switch the camera to first person for every player, basically just an enhanced demo system.

The extra load on the server should be negligible, however I don't have any metrics to prove that, would have to look into it a bit more.
rendering replays on your client requires quicktime, not realplayer
but same difference
nobody fucking uses quicktime
and the replay editor is one of the single most buggy things in tf2
it crashes constantly
half the time it doesn't render properly
it's a terrible system that does everything demos do but worse

rendering replays on your client requires quicktime, not realplayer
but same difference
nobody fucking uses quicktime
and the replay editor is one of the single most buggy things in tf2
it crashes constantly
half the time it doesn't render properly
it's a terrible system that does everything demos do but worse

It requires quicktime because it renders to h.264 (and valve is using apple's libraries for whatever reason) which is used pretty much everywhere atm, but I don't like having to install quicktime either.
No need to export though, just record everything with Shadowplay or Quicksync or AMD's Game DVR while it's running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread