Veteran hacker on the loose! :Cronix (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Thanks for stopping by, please read this Thread carefully. I tried my best to pull it together.

The Rulebraker : CRONiX
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:18563321
Rule he broke : WallHack
Evidence : Videos below!
Server it happened on : 2Fort

Before watching the videos please let me explain a few things. First of all as the title says, veteran, means he is a "valuable" player on the server (he's got like 80k points).
Secondly, it was really hard to catch him in action. He is pro in cheating, and detecting WallHack is a lot harder than it sounds.
About the videos: i used Fraps to capture them (i was stupid enough not using the record feature built into the game) and i've made NO CHANGES on the videos. I'm so "noobish" with recordings and everything. They are the way i've recorded them (i don't know how to use Sony Vegas, lol). So please don't critize them :):

You guys might don't even find it fascinating or enough. I admit: they are at pretty low quality and everything but you can't say he is not cheating. There is definitely something going on around him. It's impossible to ignore it.

If i haven't bored you to death then don't die on me now, here comes an important part:
Also, i spoke with an admin from the server (i won't name him, he can reveal himself later on, if he wants to), and he/she said many players came to him/her and reported CRONIX. Glady it's not only me on the server who thinks he is a hacker.

I was so tired when i made this thread so please excuse me for any misspelling (my pc underlines everything) or English faults. And sorry for making it sooo long!

Here are the videos:
Please look at the description!
Part 1 :
(this one is so bad :(, watch the only first 10[?] seconds)
Part 2 :
Part 3 :

I wrote down everything in the description but if you have time watch them all, you'll see something is not right.

Thanks and have a wonderful day or a sleepy night!

Look I dont want to be that guy but Im just gonna say that Cronix I have played with before, he's not a hacker, he's just very good at the game. I have spec him before and saw some strange things but I just dont think this is a hacker

Only had a quick look through, but that's bullshit.
Some people are good enough that they can react to even a single pixel flipping in their vision - humans are remarkably good at this. Also, people can easily predict things, especially brand new player actions.

I understand. But compared to his other actions he is not that good to react that fast. In Part 3 at 1:45 it's just impossible to know it. He is usually zoomed in and looking to left and right but when someone comes he just stops by and waiting.
But i do appreciate your comments, and thanks for the fast reaction!

Maybe i should've record more of his actions but i just couldn't stand it..

Ever noticed that footsteps make a sound? An attentive player with positional audio does.

Why didn't he just looked there immediately then? I listened to it with my headphones on almost max volume but i didn't hear it. I would like to believe he is not a hacker, but it happened wiht me so many times caught by impossible accdients.
Thanks for your fast comment again, you guys are unbelievable! (I should stop spamming my own thread)

He's not a hacker. I've played with him many times. He's a good Sniper.

Why didn't he just looked there immediately then? I listened to it with my headphones on almost max volume but i didn't hear it. I would like to believe he is not a hacker, but it happened wiht me so many times caught by impossible accdients.
Thanks for your fast comment again, you guys are unbelievable! (I should stop spamming my own thread)
Again, prediction. If you know somebody's there, and you have a reasonable amount of skill, you can just guess where they're gonna be and kill them.

I usually don't suspect people of hacking, especially not friends of mine. Here's my experience with him.

I have been Cronix pocket medic several times, mostly when he's sniper but also when he's playing soldier/pyro/demo. Almost every time he's connected to the server I'm his pocket medic for a while (yus, vacc) and I must say I have experienced some weird shit. One example would be when he randomly "predicted" that a scout would jump onto the wooden bridge, go through the snipers spot and head to the intel without running by the stairs leading to the biggest spawn room - when he was downstairs and guarding the sewer exit. Boom, instant headshot and when I asked him about it he told me he saw him earlier and I thought maybe it's a coincidence of some sort. Several times he has walked to a position where the enemy is without even being close to them or have watched them seconds earlier, of course it could just be that he want to secure all the areas but come on, a sniper rarely get far away from the spawn unless you're a yolo:er or something.

I also agree with the people above, when they talk about obvious predictions and stuff - of course I can buy that. Not all the time though. "He's a good sniper, I have played with him many times." yeah sure I get that as well, but I know a lot of good/professional snipers from both this and previous communities and I rarely see them acting like he does. I believe there are times when he use the wallhack and when he doesn't just so people won't get suspicious about it, probably when no admins or other veteran players are there. Someone have to go undercover and be our little naughty spy.

My suggestion to you fokes is to actually join the server (if possible, on another account if you're a gameserver admin since he would stop the "wallhack" immediately if he sees one) and spectate him and record more demos. The more we have against him the better it'll get. Would also be sweet if someone could invite him to our forums and make him tell us his side of the story.

Thanks Ka!
As every other comments i appreciate it as well! I think inviting him here is a good idea, but i also fear it. If he has hacks (and i do 100% believe it) he might just tell us some fake stories and turns it off for a week and never turns it on when an admin is nearby or something like that. If anyone got advices, please don't hold it back!

I watched the second video, but I saw nothing suspicious. Care to enlighten me? Also, on the third video at 1:45, the soldier had recently killed him and was spamming voice commands with a pyro.

It is an incredibly dumb move to invite him here. He will make up excuses and it will just be one word vs the other. Also he will just stop using it at inconvenient moments. The admins just need to review it and decide for ourselves.

I have yet to watch the footage.

At their current state, VAC and SMAC are a joke.

Based on the eye, there are some weird moments of most likely radar/wh. But I don't want to jump into any conclusions as the spectating system in TF2 is not good enough to be sure of that.

• Agree
Reactions: RIS` and Danny
I see. Thanks Vecomti, EvoWarrior5 and Ron for commenting!
I should have done some more work with Fraps but i wanted him to be removed fast. Of course every comment is important, but i'd like to see more from admins who play on the server often.

I don't really play much on 2fort so I don't have experience with him, but...

Part 2's 1:20-1:40 says to me he is not hacking, otherwise he would have expected the scout there both times.
Part 2's 3:37 though seems a bit suspicious to me (spectating often misplaces the scope's crosshair however, so I cannot say for sure)

I don't want to say anything that might not be true so I'm gonna join the "maybe" group.

Part 2 - 2:35:Dic! MedeM!

I see. Thanks Vecomti, EvoWarrior5 and Ron for commenting!
I should have done some more work with Fraps but i wanted him to be removed fast. Of course every comment is important, but i'd like to see more from admins who play on the server often.
You wouldn't perhaps like to point out where in the second video the proof are?

Unless you have definite proof he's hacking, I'm gonna say that in my opinion he shouldn't be banned. Innocent until proven guilty makes the world go around.

• Agree
Reactions: Maddity and Kah
Thanks for the comments again! (I should stop saying that)
I've feared i haven't collected enough proof. I'll try to catch him in more obvious situations. I won't give up on this one.

p.s.: I wanted to make a RELEASE THE KRAKEN! joke but i missed it. D:

there are a lot of hacks, that can't be detected by VAC at all. these are for example transparent or modified textures of players/walls. server setting "sv_pure" can prevent usage of modified files by the way.

• Informative
Reactions: RIS` and Danny
Since this thread is necrobumped anyway... I have to admit that guy is pretty damn good, but I didn't see anything wich was suspicious enough to be a wallhack, if there are any questions give me the video + time stamp and I'll try to explain it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread