Declined Vanca's Admin App for US | Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanca

Username: Vanca

Steam32 ID: 1085985464

Your age: 17

Server you are applying for: Jailbreak | US

Who gave you permission to apply?
Cowboy

Total Playtime: 15d 11:58:52h

Sourcebans Records: None
Comms - https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=+Search+Comms...&Submit=Search
Bans - https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:542992732&Submit=Search

General Online Time & Timezone
My timezone is GMT+2 and my usual time on is anytime around 15:00~02:00 on any day.

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes.

Previous experience as an Admin or Moderator?
I have moderated for multiple discord servers in the past, most notably a roblox game discord for which I worked both in-game and for the discord.
Around the time it had 20k members but now it only has 14k. I can send proof if required as I am still in the server.
However I have never moderated for a TF2 server before so this will be a new experience for me.

What makes you a suitable candidate?
I mainly play Jailbreak over every other mode in TF2, over half of my hours are all in the Panda JB server. During my time on this server I have always tried to help enforce the rules in any way that I could, mostly through text chat or filing a report. Another strong characteristic I have is a total lack of bias, I believe that no matter who the person is be it a new player or a regular they both would deserve the same exact punishment if they ever broke any rules, even if they're a friend of mine.

Briefly explain how you would do your job:

All punishments listed under assumption that I have already verbally warned them 2~3 times.

Comm bans:
12Hrs, 24Hrs, 3 Days, 1 Week, 1 Month, 3 Months, Perma.

Advertising:
Perma Gag

Guardban (Baiting, Freehitting, etc.):
120Mins, 240Mins, 360Mins, 480Mins, 600Mins, Perma.

Accidental MFK:
1st - Depending on how many previous teambans (i.e if they had 1 already then 240Mins).
2nd - 600Mins (Unless they were already previously banned for 600Mins, which if they were it is a perma).
3rd - Perma guardban.

Intentional MFK:

Perma guardban.

NSFW Sprays:
1st - Kick with warning telling them to change spray
2nd - Spray Ban

Ammo Glitching:
1st - Kick
2nd - 2 day server ban
3rd - Perma ban

No mic on BLU:
Perma till sufficient proof of having a working microphone

I'll go ahead and open this since I think I've played with you enough to be a decent judge of character.

The app is fine. Not as a strike against you, but as an aside (perhaps an admin can apply an edit whenever), your steam id is STEAM_0:0:542992732. Stacking is okay, a bit different compared to what we use but that's a quick fix. Rest of the app is good.

I think I speak for most, if not all, people that you have a positive in-game presence. Your sessions are also very good as well and you play on blue team enough to convince me that you have a solid grasp of the rules.

+1, good luck on the app brother.

Gonna piggyback off of crubf and also give you a +1. His feedback pretty much mimics mine.

Hello Vanca, before I give my vote or any further feedback I just want to get an idea of how you would personally handle some situations.

In the spoiler below are three videos from some old reports, simply tell me how you would handle each situation.

Some things to think about are
  • When to take action?
  • Who to take action against?
  • What would be the appropriate action(s) to take?

In case it helps with your decisions assume that all players have had no prior offenses. Also keep in mind all of these clips were made prior to the recent AFK freeze change, other than that one rule, use the modern jailbreak ruleset when making decisions.

I am also aware you can look up the results of the old reports I stole these clips from, I do not care about their outcomes I only care about how you would personally handle these situations.

Hey, I've watched you in game, and you've been doing alright, no problems that I have spotted when I share a session with you. You have a clean history to my knowledge. I checked some other communities for major problems you may have caused, couldn't find anything. Your chatlogs look good, and you have a time slot that is a normally low coverage area. I'm interested in your response to semis above comment to some degree, but I think you are fine for a +1.

Hello Vanca, before I give my vote or any further feedback I just want to get an idea of how you would personally handle some situations.

In the spoiler below are three videos from some old reports, simply tell me how you would handle each situation.

Some things to think about are
  • When to take action?
  • Who to take action against?
  • What would be the appropriate action(s) to take?

In case it helps with your decisions assume that all players have had no prior offenses. Also keep in mind all of these clips were made prior to the recent AFK freeze change, other than that one rule, use the modern jailbreak ruleset when making decisions.

I am also aware you can look up the results of the old reports I stole these clips from, I do not care about their outcomes I only care about how you would personally handle these situations.

Hi Semi, good questions! Took a bit of thinking but I feel safe with these answers.

I will be giving two separate answers for all the clips, 1 being under the assumption of 0 prior offenses and the other with added context obtained from the clips themselves.

If no prior offenses;
I would first send an admin announce message (When the text appears in the centre of your screen, not sure what it is actually called) to not overtalk the warden while they are giving commands and to not micspam.
If they continue after the warning I would give them a 6hr comms ban and force swap them off blu.

Added context from clip;
Nothing else in the clip would personally have changed my outcome for the above as it doesn't really add much.

If no prior offenses;
Billie and Round appear to be in cahoots with each other. Assuming this isn't true however this how I would respond to the situation.
Billie would receive a permanent server ban for MFKing & Toxicity and Round would receive a permanent guardban.
Assuming that it is true though they would both receive a permanent server ban as it is clearly evident that they do not wish to play the game as intended and instead intend to be harmful to the community.
As for Xeno when they begin to play the music send an admin announce message saying not to micspam / use of soundboard.
If they continue (and it plays the slurs) mute for 12 hours under punishment of micspam and racism

Added context from clip;
Billie and Round are both recognized from red members as having done this in the past on alternate accounts.
Instant perma ban for both on account of avoiding a prior ban.

If no prior offenses;
Admin message in chat saying not to DR deny or over mic.
If they continue to DR deny then I would slay the pyro.

Added context from clip;

A red named "ps4islyfe" claims that the pyro has no mic.
I would ask the pyro to speak in voice chat and if they do not comply I would guard ban them till they provide sufficient proof of having a functional microphone.

:)

Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
Billie and Round appear to be in cahoots with each other. Assuming this isn't true however this how I would respond to the situation.
Billie would receive a permanent server ban for MFKing & Toxicity and Round would receive a permanent guardban.
Assuming that it is true though they would both receive a permanent server ban as it is clearly evident that they do not wish to play the game as intended and instead intend to be harmful to the community.

I agree with how you would handle this on a fundamental level, however you'll have to adhere to stacking rules if you were given admin powers.

Usually with a Permanent guardban and temporary commban, that'll pretty much stop any sort of rambunctiousness from the player so there isn't much of a need to permanently ban the guy unless he is a suspected alt or exhibiting extreme behaviors. Most of the time you can usually ask your assigned mentor what the appropriate action is if you're ever confused.

Besides that all the answers show critical thinking and adaptive measure. Everything points to you being a positive influence on the server and a great asset to the team.

Take my +1 good ma'am

Last edited:
Heya! I don't think we've played too much together, but I do in fact remember the times we have played together. Never had any issues with you, and reading through your application and replies convince me that you'd make a good admin. You clearly are passionate about the gamemode and passionate about being a good admin, and I think you'd be a quick learner. +1 from me!

Hi Semi, good questions! Took a bit of thinking but I feel safe with these answers.

I will be giving two separate answers for all the clips, 1 being under the assumption of 0 prior offenses and the other with added context obtained from the clips themselves.

If no prior offenses;
I would first send an admin announce message (When the text appears in the centre of your screen, not sure what it is actually called) to not overtalk the warden while they are giving commands and to not micspam.
If they continue after the warning I would give them a 6hr comms ban and force swap them off blu.

Added context from clip;
Nothing else in the clip would personally have changed my outcome for the above as it doesn't really add much.

If no prior offenses;
As for Xeno when they begin to play the music send an admin announce message saying not to micspam / use of soundboard.
If they continue (and it plays the slurs) mute for 12 hours under punishment of micspam and racism

Added context from clip;
Billie and Round are both recognized from red members as having done this in the past on alternate accounts.
Instant perma ban for both on account of avoiding a prior ban.

If no prior offenses;
Admin message in chat saying not to DR deny or over mic.
If they continue to DR deny then I would slay the pyro.

Added context from clip;

A red named "ps4islyfe" claims that the pyro has no mic.
I would ask the pyro to speak in voice chat and if they do not comply I would guard ban them till they provide sufficient proof of having a functional microphone.

:)

Cowboy pretty much echoed my thoughts on your response, pretty good work for the first time.

Overall I have nothing really bad to say about you, you've made good reports, you have a good history, and you are a pretty friendly player from what I've seen, I'd love to have you on the team.

+1

All hits and no misses, bonus points for wanting to cover an in-demand timezone.
I support this application, please keep up the good work.

With Fairy signed in for inactivity we have all the required feedback. Time to put this under review!

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread