Ungag Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KomodoHunters14

OK first be aware this is my first appeal so it might be a little rusty
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:101881410&Submit
Name of Account: Komodo-Drake14
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:101881410
Date and Time: 12-08-15 19:24
Reason: Spam in chat/voice (Lenny Spam i guess)
Admin that Gagged: Fennie
OK first outta the way I'm not the only person who suffered from this. You admins can check the chat logs but from what I've seen is that 2 Lenny's don't really count as Lenny Spam and i don't know why the other guy was blocked even though he did only 1 Lenny it honestly feels like a bit of Overkill and i wasn't aware that Fennie was online on this match, i normally will never Lenny if a admin is online (don't want my gags.) I'm sorry if you don't think so but this feels like Overkill and complete BS that 2 and even 1 Lenny's can be worth being gagged. If you guys higher up deem it i should keep my gag then its OK i will wait it out i just don't like the fact that there wasn't enough to be deemed Lenny Spam. If it cant be removed i at least want it reduced to a couple days. I wait your Reply (Especially your explanation Fennie)- Komodo

Hello Komodo, I've seen you've made an appeal. Well first of all, this sentence
i normally will never Lenny if a admin is online
This proves you brake rules when an admin isn't on. Just saying.

About the gag itself. Neither of you used a lenny for a single time.
In fact, this is the chatlog:
a31abf64fc.png

As you can see, the player that was also gagged right there used the face three times and you've used it 2 times in a short period of time. Because I just joined the server as it happened, I felt this was appropiate to gag you right away. After that, I've increased your gag to one week due to other punishments being on your SourceComms account already. I believe you should have already taken a lesson out of your pervious behavior, so the punishment lenght went way up.

First thanks for that explanation Fennie but my gags were from a whole different reason and i learned from that... not enough it seems, since i rarely look at the chat box i never saw you join so as stated above i would of avoided lennying so i guess its my own Human Error and Natural Instincts. i understand why my gagged was raised to a week but i still find it a wee bit unfair and I'm a bit pissed about it. So first off Sorry bout that and second off i still would rather like see other Admins read this.
Edit: My second lenny was a mistake of Bind Pressing but you didnt know that so... again sorry

I personally think that a gag for TWO lennies is a bit... bad? I go with 3 lennies then a warning, anything more in rapid succession is a gag.

I know that you hate lennies, Fennie, but this is just stupid. A week gag for two lennies and no warnings.

I would keep an eye on him, but I would not consider that spam in any possible way. I feel that this is completely unjustified as a gag.

Obviously, I expect you to go against what I am saying, but honestly? Two lennies = a gag. That is just stupid.

The previous gags were for ghosting, all of them.

I sincerely hope you warned him, before you took any further action.

"I felt this was appropiate to gag you right away."

That says no to your statement @Danny

Seriously? I mean 2 lennies close to each other isn't spam, also just because an admin hates lennies does not give the admin the right to punish the player for it. As I see lennies still aren't against the rules so you can't punish for that and 1-3 lennies imo isn't spam.

You guys should honestly make a rule for this before punishing people for it like this. Cause this sorta makes the admins that to punish for this look bad.

I don't want to make a fight on here..
But as much I want to puch someone's face who uses this brain-dead binds of overused memes which weren't funny in the first place.

A week ban for 2 lenny's without a warning from the admin first?
Isn't a week a bit long for this?

Can't wait for that lenny fad to die off.
This whole thread wouldn't be here in the first place if Lenny wasn't a thing.
I thoughd the Chat was a form of communicating not for meaningless memes which are most likely binds with no to little effort.
I just can't see what you want to point out with putting out a Lenny in the chat, Lenny which stands for spam after all.

Read rule game-server rule 2) D. In my opinion a so called 'Lenny' fits in to the category 'useless, unintelligible content'.

Oh, and the whole, "Only for 2 lennys" thing is complete bullcrap. Why you ask? Well, check this out.
Or if you do not want to click the link:

S56C6pg.png

EDIT: And by the way, as long as someone keeps breaking rules, even if it's for ghosting or putting useless content in chat. We'll keep increasing gag length until the player learns to behave.

• Agree
Reactions: Fennie
The gag was put in place for the two lennies that was spotted on that day. A warning could've been given first, no? Or does that eventually wear off entirely?

I stand with the "2 lennies" thing because that is what the gag was about, two lennies.

The other lennies are spread out across many sessions, with the expection of two separate days that contained a lot of the lennies.

So Everyone knows i have decided to just wait out my gag plus i have went and removed my bind of the Lenny Face. i hope that pleases some of you but keep in mind i am just one of hundreds that used the Lenny face
If someone could end this thread that would be fantastic.

Closing this thread, because the author requested so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread