Accepted Unfair ban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkay

SourceBans Ban URL: not sure how to get this...
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Pkay
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:48828302
Date and Time of the Ban: 04-07-17 19:14
Reason about the Ban: false call
Admin that Banned you: Sir Matty
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute: I sent a !needadmin report saying "/needadmin 3-c" reporting (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥AnniE ? (rule 3 c). It was because the player in question was wasting time jumping around and not trying to kill the two remaining medics and for good 5 minutes he wasn't even trying to get them. When the admin joined the player had already started to fight against the two medics and all he told me was "Pkay learn to use needadmin" and he decided to ban me for 4 hours, he neither informed himself why I sent the report nor asked what I meant with that.

I think the ban was unfair because Sir Matty apparently had no idea what I meant with the report and didn't even try to understand the reason why it was sent and didn't even give me a moment to explain the reason I sent it before he banned me. Funny enough he banned me while I was whiting why I sent the needadmin report.

First of all, "3-c" is not exactly a correct way of reporting a broken rule. I did however catch on and saw no indication of the hale doing so. Saw active and aggressive playstyle from the hale. To add, i responded to the call almost immediately, making this unlikely. I do not believe the ban was unjustified or unfair in any way.

There is no way I would know there is a correct way to report a broken rule, furthermore how would I know that he would decide to stop wasting time shortly after the report was sent ? It is kinda unfair if someone who reports something gets banned if said thing is not happening anymore, you could have asked me or the players online instead of instantly deciding to ban me and letting the one who actually broke the rule go unpunished.

There is a "camping as hale" option under the menu. But this is not what's under review. The fact stands i saw no indication of any delaying from the hale during my time watching or after the ban. The ban was in no way instant. I spectated the hale before i told you why you were being banned and then proceeded with the act.

https://gameme.panda-community.com/chat/tf5

7. Apr 2017 19:08:52 -The hale sees the two medics in tunnel
7. Apr 2017 19:11:46 -I complain about the time waste.
(+/- here I report him)
7. Apr 2017 19:12:17 -People start complaining as well.
7. Apr 2017 19:13:15 -Hale is fighting against the two medics.

Ask other players that were online at the time, for example PNN and you will see that it was not a false call.

This indeed seems very wanky by Sir Matty, but since it is only 4 hours of lenght i think that this should rather be an Admin Report; next time you should just make a demo and upload it to either the site or somewhere else and make an player report with their steam ID and link to the file.
EDIT: Looking at the chat myself you can see multiple Players complaining about a hale wasting time, making Sir Mattys ban even more questionable, he could've easily checked the chatlog himself.

Looks to me like the two medics were evading the hale; "come here and play" as well as the fact the hale himself was attempting to vote ban the medics. Which leads me to believe that this was not the hales fault. The fact i saw the hale attempting to kill a medic evading him in the tunnels (weapons depot for those familiar with vsh) before i banned you was enough. This was therefore more of a case of the hale failing to kill a medic than not trying to. But this is a grey area as i am unable to tell exactly what was going on at the time. I will therefore let this one pass. Next time, please address the issue at hand faster, instead of waiting 5 minutes to report it. You cannot possibly expect me to know what the hale was doing 5 minutes prior to me joining. Also use the appropriate report options.
Ban removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread