Unban request and your opinion :/ (1 Viewer)

Do you think the ban was fair?

• Yeap, I think you deserved that ban.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Nope, you didn't deserve that ban.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enriko^_^

Steam Account Name: Enriko^_^
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41474922
Date and Time of the Ban: 07-04-14 21:10
Reason: Destroying elevators, Camping in office
Admin: Da Random

Well now it is time for your Opinio so here goes how I got the ban:
I was on the server and I saw that there was nobody on the blue team and nobody could get on the blue team (because they don't have a mic) I was to lazy to use my mic so I just turned it on for a sec so I could join the blue team. When I joined the blue team I went down destroyed the elevators (against the rules?!?!?!) and camped on the office (again against the rules) but that was the only thing I could do to let the red team play and not making the rounds ends fast. A few min latter I got a ban for 4 hours. There was no warning of any kind (slap or admin saying to stop doing that) or a slay but just an instant ban.
Now I would just your opinion.
Thanks for your time
Sincerely Enriko^_^

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I've told most players (including you) to not camp and/or destroy the elevators, I only ban if I see something is wrong. but of course, I was in a hurry since I had alot of complaints regarding rulebreaking.

Thereby I apologize if I hurt you in any way, but you do understand that family is a priority. Also, whenever I do get complaints, I try to make sense of everything.

As said: Apologies.

I am pretty sure I've told most players (including you) to not camp and/or destroy the elevators, I only ban if I see something is wrong. but of course, I was in a hurry since I had alot of complaints regarding rulebreaking.

Thereby I apologize if I hurt you in any way, but you do understand that family is a priority. Also, whenever I do get complaints, I try to make sense of everything.

As said: Apologies.
I really did not care about the ban but only about the rush decision you made for an instant ban for 4 hours witch is actually a lot without a warning of any kind.
And Apologies accepted. Thank you for explaining it :grouphug:

Just one thing, I don't see any rule explaining that destroying the elevators is forbidden, and I still don't get why are you punishing people who're doing it, if the game permit it.

Same thing for the friendly fire by the way, I can understand that it can be annoying for you, but it isn't against the rules ?

Last edited:
Just one thing, I don't see any rule explaining that destroying the elevators is forbidden, and I still don't get why are you punishing people who're doing it, if the game permit it.

Same thing for the friendly fire by the way, I can understand that it can be annoying for you, but it isn't against the rules ?

After looking on the normal rules and the advanced sometimes, I must say that you are actully right about that :eek:

If I may. I don't understand the rule in question. If it's bad to break something, why not just make it unbreakable? TF2 is a highly moddable game, so players shouldn't take the burden or blame for mapmakers or admins being lazy.

If it works, it means it's intended to. Period.

If I may. I don't understand the rule in question. If it's bad to break something, why not just make it unbreakable? TF2 is a highly moddable game, so players shouldn't take the burden or blame for mapmakers or admins being lazy.

If it works, it means it's intended to. Period.

If the elevator is broken, the prisoners will be unable to go to the guardspawn and therefor cant open the exit. So in my opinion they should make it a rule that breaking the elevator is forbidden or make the elevator unbreakable.

This isn't an official rule, it say that you're not allowed to break the elevators that lead to the guard spawn in Jailbreak.
The other rule, that isn't official too, say that it's forbidden to activate the friendly fire without any reasons (a certain guard, the warden, can activate or deactivate it with a command).

I can sometimes ask politely to deactivate the friendly fire when they're doing it excessively at every new rounds, but I've never banned them for these situations, as I find it unfair, especially when they're punished for breaking the elevators.
That's just like I warn or ban you on duel for building a sentry on the enemy tower.
If it works, it means it's intended to.
That's exactly what I think.
If you don't want a thing to be used, make a suggestion to make the rule being official, so people can know it.

Please, don't post an unban request everywhere, make your own thread if you want to protest your ban.
I vote for just rejecting this by default just from having read into his history and his inability to navigate a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread