Not open for further replies.

hedren

• SourceBans Ban URL: SourceBan
  • Name of your Banned Steam Account: Hedren
  • Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:92904981
  • Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-12-29 20:00:17
  • Reason about the Ban: [SourceSleuth] Duplicate account
  • Admin that Banned you: CONSOLE
  • Why should you receive a unban: I always play games while connected to a VPN. I only have one account, so the VPN’s IP being detected is the only reason that I can think of for me getting banned for “Duplicate Accounts”. I have a friend who plays on the same VPN server as me, but he doesn’t appear to have been banned, so maybe it’s a false positive (?). I can stop playing while being connected to a VPN in future if that alleviates the problem and prevents me from being banned in the future.​

Reactions: Ian
@hedren

What's your friends steam account?
Also sharing VPN? Can you elaborate on that.

• My friends steam account: Lokko
  • Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:0:68221447
What I mean by sharing a VPN is that he’s set up a VPN at this home using PiVPN, and we use it so I can connect to his local network as a more reliable way to share files. Etc. I usually disconnect from it before doing anything else like playing games (I use a standard VPN service for that) but I’m what doctors would describe as “dumb”, so I’ve forgotten to disconnect from it on multiple occasions. However, as I said in my previous post I do use a VPN all the time when playing, but I can stop doing that and use my unaltered IP on these servers if it stops me from being banned in the future.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
Thank you for the response, your story lines up.

Yes I would advise to avoid using VPNs while playing on panda community servers to avoid the false positive bans.

I've only removed your account ban but not the IP ban.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread