Two new rules for Slender Fortress 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heratade

Hi!
I would like to suggest two new rules to Slender Fortress 2 which i find very important!

Camping at the exit
Well, if you know the gameplay in SF2: RED Team is playing against the boss and they must find a certain number of objects, like pages, gas cans, cables etc, to unlock the exit. If they manage to escape, they're winners. There are some players who refuse to help their team; they just simply wait at the exit from the very beginning and will escape when the gate opens. They're not helpful nor useful for the team, they just hope for easy win.

Spawncamp/Freekill
Maps such as noexit or lobbys have escape out right into PvP zone, where BLU can easily freekill and spawncamp them at once. REDs can't even escape from it because teammates might lock themselves with their bodys in one place. It only leaves RED Team angry and frustrated.

Both things should be prohibited.

Please, tell me what do you think about my suggestion.

• Agree
Reactions: Madact and Mr.Pig
I cant do anything else but agree. These things are big issues and having a rule against them would make it easier. The exit camp is really frustrating since its basically you that do all work and risk everything and people just ride on your efforts. They just wait and do nothing. And if its a win they basically gain points for camping. Which is wrong. And those who actually try and finds the things dies. And its not right.

And then getting greeted surviving the map with not being able to move out is annoying.

Hi!
I would like to suggest two new rules to Slender Fortress 2 which i find very important!

Camping at the exit
Well, if you know the gameplay in SF2: RED Team is playing against the boss and they must find a certain number of objects, like pages, gas cans, cables etc, to unlock the exit. If they manage to escape, they're winners. There are some players who refuse to help their team; they just simply wait at the exit from the very beginning and will escape when the gate opens. They're not helpful nor useful for the team, they just hope for easy win.

Spawncamp/Freekill
Maps such as noexit or lobbys have escape out right into PvP zone, where BLU can easily freekill and spawncamp them at once. REDs can't even escape from it because teammates might lock themselves with their bodys in one place. It only leaves RED Team angry and frustrated.

Both things should be prohibited.

Please, tell me what do you think about my suggestion.
i'll add the rules later on when i am awake again.

Reactions: Maxim
Wondering if you guys agree with this one.

I noticed back in the day when I use to visit slender fortress regularly engineers would build sentrys outside of the pvp arena and wrangle the sentry into pvp. Making the sentry and the engineer immune to any damage.

I use to just kick them and they gave up, but I thought since there is suggestions here I'd thought I'd add one more to combat this problem.

Reactions: Nightascythe1
I think that is a great idea. Since there shouldnt be fights outside the pvp.
So how about making it "there is no killing allowed outsidd of the pvp area" that way an engi abusing the wrangler advantage will be dealt with. Since his gear and himself is outside. This way it also deals with people trying to chase down the people leaving the pvp.

Wondering if you guys agree with this one.

I noticed back in the day when I use to visit slender fortress regularly engineers would build sentrys outside of the pvp arena and wrangle the sentry into pvp. Making the sentry and the engineer immune to any damage.

I use to just kick them and they gave up, but I thought since there is suggestions here I'd thought I'd add one more to combat this problem.

Hi, Madact!
Whichever building at SF2 PVP Zone is immune to take damage, no matter where it is! It's because your own teammates can't hurt buildings of their team.

The problem you've mentioned has been patched; Any class leaving PVP Zone has 3 or 5 second before they will be harmless and immune to damage too. Engineer can't use his wrangler then.

If you meant situation when BLU Engie is placing sentry at the respawn of REDs and it is out of PVP Zone and wrangling them, being himself on PVP Zone then it's breaking the rule: Spawncamp/Freekill.

In some servers I have seen that the PvP sometimes get bugged and people can use all weapons outside of the PvP area. Which is unfair to the other players who stay out of the PvP for a reason. I havent experienced it on Panda except for on Parish yesterday. I dont know if it was a one time thing since of the bugs we have been experienced. But just in case i still think a "No killing out of PvP" should be a policy.

• Agree
Reactions: Heratade and Madact
Hi, Madact!
Whichever building at SF2 PVP Zone is immune to take damage, no matter where it is! It's because your own teammates can't hurt buildings of their team.

The problem you've mentioned has been patched; Any class leaving PVP Zone has 3 or 5 second before they will be harmless and immune to damage too. Engineer can't use his wrangler then.

If you meant situation when BLU Engie is placing sentry at the respawn of REDs and it is out of PVP Zone and wrangling them, being himself on PVP Zone then it's breaking the rule: Spawncamp/Freekill.

If it has been patched then it looks like I'll have to pay a visit to the slender server at some point!
Though it's true that there is a 3-5 second countdown, it's mighty difficult to concrtrate on other people in pvp and the engie on the side with a immune sentry.

Oh no I didn't mean that at all :p Interesting though.

has been added, will appear in the chat as the regular ones.

No Camping at the Exit
No Spawncamping/Freekilling

Reactions: Heratade and Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread