"Trusted" player rank (2 Viewers)

Give certain players "trusted" rank?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd need at least 60-70%.

40/50% isn't even a majority vote.

Then what we need to establish is how many votes are needed for it to be passed. This doesn't even have to be a very high number: if someone is playing music in a server, sometimes I will check how many people do not want it, and if only 1 or 2 people say they don't want him to play music then I can easily tell them to just mute him, but if the amount of people who say they want him to stop is higher than 3 I mute the guy, because then it gets harder to get all the players who don't want it to just mute him. What this boils down to is that IMO, not so many votes would be needed for a micspammer to get muted. However I do think they need to be active votes, not people just mashing '1'. Which is why I think the 'Yes' option should be under key 2 (or 5 if we go for 4 and 5, etc.).

But anyways, to get back to the amount of votes needed, that's a bit hard to establish because if you make it a low percentage so that not many votes are needed on full servers, you need to take into account that in a server with only 5 people, 1 vote could be enough to get to 20 per cent, while the other 3 may have liked the music, for example.

As I argue for here, you don't need a majority. You cannot possibly tell half the server to just client-mute the screaming kid or micspammer. You could argue that if people would really want the guy to be muted they would simply all vote 'yes', unfortunately it's not always that simple. On Skial I've seen numerous occasions where a guy who clearly should have been muted was not because the vote couldn't pass through due to some trolls.

For bans the amount of votes should be higher, yes, but for mute and gag I would say that 40, maybe 50, is the highest I'd argue for. Anything more and the voting system becomes flawed, with my main argument stated in the quote above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread