Accepted Trash's second admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trash

Name/Nickname: Alot of people know me as Trash/Yin, although my name is Tyler in real life.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:139366234

Online Times and timezone: Since I’m at university now, I surprisingly have more free time then I thought, so my online schedule is as follows:

Monday: 12:00 PM EST-6:00 PM EST, then 9:00 PM EST-10:30 PM EST

Tuesday/Thursday: 10:00 AM-2:30 PM, 6:00 PM-10:00 PM

Wednesday: 1:00 PM-10:00 PM

Friday/Saturday: Any time during the day, I’ll be on

Sunday: Will be on if requested, but generally just want to relax this day.

Do you have a Microphone?: Yes

Previous experience in Admin/Mod: I've never been an admin on any server before.

What Panda Community servers do you usually play on?: Mainly TX Dodgeball, although I will play on either dodgeball server depending on how full they are.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: I have no familiarity with the program, would be open to learn though!

Why should we choose you? After playing on the server for about almost 3 years, I've grown to love and respect the community. There are so many new faces that come and go to the server, and I want to make sure they enoy their stay, and I’m willing to help each and every one of them! One of the reasons I applied is because I realized the shortage of admins we have on the US Dodgeball server, which leads to alot of people who ignore the rules, because there won't be any consequences (aside from the autoslay feature, but it still doesn’t deter them completely). I would like to make sure these people get their punishment, so that the server can stay clean, but fun at the same time!

What will you do as Admin?: I have a low tolerance policy for those who break the rules, so my punishments will be as follows:

Stealing:

1 Steal= The player has a chance to read the message given by the autoslay feature without my warning.

2 Steals= The player receives a warning from me, if they steal again it will be a ban.

3 Steals= The player gets banned from the server for a period of time.

Bodyblocking:

1st Offense: I’ll kindly ask the player over voice chat or by text to move away from the person they are bodyblocking.

2nd Offense: If the player continues to bodyblock, they will be slain.

3rd Offense: If the player continues to bodyblock after being slain, or denying to listen to me, they will be banned for a period of time.

Spam in text chat/voice chat:

For players who spam in text chat or voice chat, or continue to type in all caps, I will ask them to stop once. If they do not stop, they will be muted or gagged for a period of time. Chat spam can be very annoying to other players, and I do not tolerate it at all.

Team Killing:

For players who team kill or attempt to team kill, it will be an automatic slay that round or the next round. If they continue to do so after being slain, they will be banned for a period of time.

Cheating:

Now, this is a touchy subject. I know my judgement alone isn’t good enough to tell if someone is actually cheating, so I will spectate, and I can’t make a decision without reasonable doubt, then I will ask someone more experienced to drop by and help. If they are cheating, it will be an automatic permanent ban.

Harassment:

If player(s) start to harass one another, depending on the situation, I will ask them to stop once. If they continue to do so, they will receive an extended mute or gag, or possible ban.

Overall, I want to make the server fun, and have it so that people can enjoy themselves, while obeying the rules, and I will patiently await a decision!

p.s. I forgot to put actual times for the bans/mute and gags, so those will go here
(All of these punishments are for after they have not listened to my warnings)
For Stealing:
1st ban>2 hours
2nd ban>4 hours
3rd ban>1 day
4th ban>3 days
5th ban>1 week
6th ban> Permanent ban
For Bodyblocking:
1st ban> 1 hour
2nd ban>3 hours
3rd ban>12 hours
4th ban>1 day
5th ban>1 week
6th ban>Permanent ban
Chat spam/Harassment:
1st offense>30 minute mute or gag
2nd offense>2 hour mute or gag
3rd offense>4 hour mute or gag
4th offense>1 week mute or gag
5th offense>2 week mute or gag
6th offense>Permanent mute or gag or ban
Teamkilling:
1st ban>3 hours
2nd ban>6 hours
3rd ban>12 hours
4th ban>1 day
5th ban>1 week
6th ban> Permanent

Reactions: Spankyworld
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: trash and Pricholas
GameMe for NY (1 days 15:12:46 hours)
Technically under the limit to apply, but 30 days on TX...
I think it's enough for an identical server. You know how things go.

Oh boy, I'm not sure if I'm amused or upset to be reminded of that darkangel ban wave. The most recent ban on his list is not valid, even though he was being a dumb ass and thought using that alias was a good idea at the time.
Dark Angel, along with his butt buddy Cyrus, used to frequently harass the TX server with ten to twenty alt accounts in a single day each. That's forty bans in one night, and sometimes they didn't even care about the throwaway and keep using the same name. They both would actually brag about accumulating over 200 bans each. So one night we had a massive wave of different people all joining with the alias Dark Angel, and 99% of them were being toxic, stealing, screaming in mic, spamming call admin with racial slurs, essentially breaking every rule in the book. At that point I just banned them all. Mr. Tyler here thought changing his name to ˡᵘᵛ ∂αяк αηgєℓ was a superb idea, which I didn't realize it was him and just automatically banned him out of instinct. Good times.

Trash is a well respected player, and long time veteran of TX. He's been playing longer than I have and has seen how the game and rules have adapted over time. He can be very vocal, hes normally very good about his microphone usage but has been prone to some forms of mic spam in the past. He is generally an upstanding member of the community, and seldom breaks rules which is a good quality to have.

"Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: I have no familiarity with the program, would be open to learn though!"
Sourcemod commands are fairly simple, once you get the hang of it. This is not a major issue so long as you are flexible with altering your current keybindings. Most of the DB admin's job relies on a handful of binds that honestly does the work for us.

"Why should we choose you?"
It's funny, we actually have 8 staff members as of this time, (one is recently accepted and isn't technically staff yet.) Spoon is MIA, Fan connects once a month, Spanky has computer issues, and the rest of us can be pretty sporadic with online times. So it's not so much of a shortage, just a lack of commitment. And one thing to note about the autoslay plugin, it did in fact reduce the stealing calls by a landslide, but I also feel like it reduced the incentive for admins to join the game.

Stealing:
1 Steal= The player has a chance to read the message given by the autoslay feature without my warning.
2 Steals= The player receives a warning from me, if they steal again it will be a ban.
3 Steals= The player gets banned from the server for a period of time.
1st ban>2 hours
2nd ban>4 hours
3rd ban>1 day
4th ban>3 days
5th ban>1 week
6th ban> Permanent ban

I think you mean the @stealer plugin, which displays the orange steal message in chat.
Autoslay doesn't actually send any messages, as far as I know. It just slays on the second steal within 30 seconds or so.
For players who already have bans, three steals is a great policy for a ban.
For new players with less than a few thousand gameme points, you can push the amount of steals they get away with depending on their behavior. It's also a good idea to sometimes respawn a player who apologizes for stealing, as this rewards them for admitting they did wrong.

The autoslay plugin is mostly just for the times when admins are not present. When you are moderating the server, you should always slay after each steal, unless you see it as defensive. Which includes a warning with the admin message in chat.

Bodyblocking:

1st Offense: I’ll kindly ask the player over voice chat or by text to move away from the person they are bodyblocking.
2nd Offense: If the player continues to bodyblock, they will be slain.
3rd Offense: If the player continues to bodyblock after being slain, or denying to listen to me, they will be banned for a period of time.

1st ban> 1 hour
2nd ban>3 hours
3rd ban>12 hours
4th ban>1 day
5th ban>1 week
6th ban>Permanent ban

We use a standard set of ban times which I will cover more on later, but we categorize bodyblocking and teamkilling under the same ban times because they are similar in nature. Your policy is fine, a slay usually works well enough. My policy is a kick if I witness intentional blocking or TK, with the kick message as something along, "Do not do that again." At this point the player makes a choice to come back to the server, or play somewhere else. If they come back and play by the rules then all is well. If they come back and repeat their actions it's a ban.

Spam in text chat/voice chat:

For players who spam in text chat or voice chat, or continue to type in all caps, I will ask them to stop once. If they do not stop, they will be muted or gagged for a period of time. Chat spam can be very annoying to other players, and I do not tolerate it at all.

1st offense>30 minute mute or gag
2nd offense>2 hour mute or gag
3rd offense>4 hour mute or gag
4th offense>1 week mute or gag
5th offense>2 week mute or gag
6th offense>Permanent mute or gag or ban

Chat spam comes in many different varieties. This can even include using the same bind repeatedly even if it's spaced out over time.
Mic spam also has many different forms, but is typically just noise making or a bad mic.

Harassment technically falls under this category as well, even though it's really not a common block.
Anything for chat and mic reside under comms, and a gag or mute will stack for any reason.

Cheating:

Now, this is a touchy subject. I know my judgement alone isn’t good enough to tell if someone is actually cheating, so I will spectate, and I can’t make a decision without reasonable doubt, then I will ask someone more experienced to drop by and help. If they are cheating, it will be an automatic permanent ban.

Without a shadow of a doubt you are correct about that. Trials are actually not allowed to perma ban a player, while you can technically ban someone for 200 years, only a full admin can make it perma. Trials are also required to submit a demo to their mentor, or any full admin, and request for the temp ban to be changed to perma. You should ban anywhere from 3 days to 1 week depending on how active your mentor is. This ensures they have time to review the demo.

Your polices are in check, everything is there aside from call abuse.
Your punishment lengths are also close enough to the US standards that you at least understand the incremental ban times.
If you are accepted you will receive a list of proper ban times.

Overall I really can't say anything bad about Trash.
The app is in good shape, decent attention to the questions.
As per usual, good intentions for the server as well, which is always a good quality.

You will have my +1

• Agree
I've known Trash for quite some time, and I have to say he's one of the players that I know without a doubt will enforce rules whenever necessary. He's a respectful player, and is very friendly with both new and regular players alike on the server; however, he knows how to separate his personal connections with people whenever rules are being broken, which is a must-have trait when applying for an admin position.

I've seen several calls from him whenever people are breaking rules when an admin isn't online, and if the call remains unanswered, he'll often resort to contacting an admin personally via Steam chat or other form of communication. This, to me, shows that he's truly dedicated to helping the server stay clean of any would-be rule-breakers, and I respect that.

I personally agree with everything that Pricholas stated above, and I honestly don't have much else to add to everything that has already been stated about Trash. I believe he'd be a wonderful addition to the admin team.

+1 on my end.

• Agree
The application looks great with good in-depth knowledge of the basics of administration. There's not much that I can add that Prich and Dio have already added that isn't repeating the main idea of their current posts other than what I know from him.

A good old timer from the past and still present day dodgeball. A great player and with an overall friendly personality. He communicates to others well, his skills combined with his knowledge and understandings of the concepts of dodgeball and its rules is good starting points for administrating a server, and from what I have experienced from him, in the past year and a half or so, is that he has dedication to his career and the community by giving some of his free time up from college to us. I believe Tresh would be an excellent addition to the dodgeball administration team which I'm giving my vote to accept him in.

+1 :vanilla2:

Also my computer is worse than tresh and bad combined. I mean, no. sm_duel me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread