Trapping players with buildings (1 Viewer)

Add an anti-trapping rule for said server(s)

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Leave a reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Random

As of recent events that I've been playing on the trade server (ye, I know. I play way too much there..). I've come across that some players like to trap players in buildings where the "portals" (or trigger_teleport as it is called) exits for cheap kills.

I know teamwork can be useful, but sometimes it's just not enough to take out 3 sentries and other things because one engineer placed a dispenser to trap you. This should be considered against the rules and should be punished like exploiting (or any other suggestions).

Leave a comment below on what you think and if you think it should be added to other servers (if needed).

The poll will only be active for 2 weeks as of creating this thread.

In my humble opinion, that is not a big problem.
1. As you said, a good teamwork can easily remove that camp. Remember that campings like that are NOT easy to create (the ones in the 4/5 doors in the Portal room), and so getting everything destroyed easily by a spy or any single teamwork can bore engies. They still earned that with their hard work ("hard work" for a game, ofc xD).
2. There are many places where you can camp, and should the other team really care and pay its attention only to that zone of the map?? Well, if they really want to, they can easily move and do teamwork. But as I said, those campings DON'T ruin the game, since they don't block the real game (1 room over a big big map is not that bad).
3. I stayed in a good Italian community for almost 6 months, which had only this map (previous versions). Still actually, there is no rule about that. People don't think it is necessary, and also, they refused to apply this rule which was suggested by an user (like Da Random is doing now).

Of course, you are free to do and choose what you want. But as I wrote, that is not an impossible problem to be dealt by the opposite team.

• Agree
Reactions: mosteraz
Can you add a screenshot of what you're talking? Because at least for me your explanation is pretty confusing. :(

Edit: nvm, Matt-ers comment made it clear for me. :D

So, just a little bump here. It seems like everyone wants free cheap kills by trapping players, personally I don't care what you want. But if you really want to be exploiting the teleport triggers then fine. I guess it just means that I have less to worry about then.

Now of course I don't mean that you are all bad by voting against this, but voting just because you don't want said rule. Then you probably never have understood what it is to BE trapped yourself.

I don't even do it for the kills, I just need a safe place for my AFKer-"collection".
They are very fragile you know...

• Funny
Reactions: Da Random
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread