Declined Tomeno's Admin Application (Server #2) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeno

Donator
Name: Tomeno

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:62657485

Time: (GMT+1) 3/4 PM to 9 PM in week days, all day or not at all at the weekend

Applying for: Server #2 War3Source Orange

Microphone: Yes, but I hate using it

Previous experience: Loads of games on BYOND (like 7 games, including a Space Station 13 server, which is a roleplay game), Hexahedronic Basewars on GMod

Experience with SM: Not really, but it seems really simple

Why you should accept me: Orange servers attract a lot of kids meaning a lot of people who break the rules, and most of the time there isn't an admin to stop them, plus they stop right after you(read: I) decide to stop just warning them over and over and record what they're doing. I'd like to help with this, since I'm on the server a lot and minor but repeated rule breaking happens often. I have lots of experience on dealing with rule-breakers on different games and I think that TF2 would be even easier to moderate.

Policies and punishments: I think that this section is pretty pointless because I'd probably be told how to punish people by my mentor, but I'll fill it in anyways...

Bans and gags/mutes are of varying length depending on severity of the rule-breaking and the person's past bans/mutes, starting at 1 hour for mutes and 2 hours for bans, second mute 10 hours and second ban 1 day, etc...

Spawnkilling/camping: Warn>Slay>Kick>Ban
(Mic)spamming/insulting/disrespect/foreign: Warn>Gag/Mute (I'd treat racism/bigoted speech worse but I don't know if that's ok)
Hacking: Record demo and either permban or report to mentor/on forums. If I ban the person, I need to attach the demo to the ban in SourceBans.
3rd party "tool" advertisment:Dunno on this one, probably ban

Edit 1: Added some stuff

Last edited:
Giving small opinion:
  • Sessions are good.
  • Your chatlog is fine (but i see alot of bp try use /bp instead if i'm wrong please don't hurt me)
  • No bans or comm blocks
  • App looks alright
Doe i have never played with you but from my small opinion you get a +1 from me.

I've played this player before, I'm very sorry to say this but you don't seem to be Admin matirial in my opinion. -1

You seem like a casual player who gets upset really fast, I appreciate your vision to help out on the servers and we can use the help to be honest.
But I think this might be better for someone with a bit of patience and a neutral point of view towards the game/situation.

Hope you can forgive me, Good luck.

I've been thinking about this since you wrote the app, wether I want to +1 you or give a neutral 0.
I think I've finally made a decison.

You're VERY active on War3Source, you have 12 days playtime on there so that shouldn't be a problem at all.
I've watched through the past 3 days of your chatlogs after other admins input and I agree with Wolf, there is some saltyness and you seem to get mad sometimes BUT you also seem to keep calm and never insult or disrespect anyone.
Everyone gets upset every once in a while and after talking to you privately I can fully understand your reasons, however that might be a slight problem when becoming admin.

But there's something else I realized while talking to you:
You GENIUNELY care about the server, not only in the "I don't want to get banned" way, but you also warn others quite frequently and remind them of the rules. You seem liked in the server, wich isn't a requirement but it tells something about you as person. You also report players that don't follow the rules.

Your policies might need some work but that's what a mentor is there for.

If you get accepted I'll gladly help you out with the commands and any questions you might have, in case you can't reach your mentor.

Edit: Changed my vote

Last edited:
Giving small opinion:
  • Sessions are good.
  • Your chatlog is fine (but i see alot of bp try use /bp instead if i'm wrong please don't hurt me)
  • No bans or comm blocks
  • App looks alright
Doe i have never played with you but from my small opinion you get a +1 from me.
I've played this player before, I'm very sorry to say this but you don't seem to be Admin matirial in my opinion. -1

You seem like a casual player who gets upset really fast, I appreciate your vision to help out on the servers and we can use the help to be honest.
But I think this might be better for someone with a bit of patience and a neutral point of view towards the game/situation.

Hope you can forgive me, Good luck.
I've been thinking about this since you wrote the app, wether I want to +1 you or give a neutral 0.
I think I've finally made a decison.

You're VERY active on War3Source, you have 12 days playtime on there so that shouldn't be a problem at all.
I've watched through the past 3 days of your chatlogs after other admins input and I agree with Wolf, there is some saltyness and you seem to get mad sometimes BUT you also seem to keep calm and never insult or disrespect anyone.
Everyone gets upset every once in a while and after talking to you privately I can fully understand your reasons, however that might be a slight problem when becoming admin.

But there's something else I realized while talking to you:
You GENIUNELY care about the server, not only in the "I don't want to get banned" way, but you also warn others quite frequently and remind them of the rules. You seem liked in the server, wich isn't a requirement but it tells something about you as person. You also report players that don't follow the rules.

Your policies might need some work but that's what a mentor is there for.

If you get accepted I'll gladly help you out with the commands and any questions you might have, in case you can't reach your mentor.

+1

Thanks to all of you for replying!

The Source, even though /bp works for buying previous items, it's also the command for viewing player backpacks and it gets really annoying when you accidentally open someone's backpack for the third time in a row. I'll try changing it to that for a while to see if I can get used to it.
Nevermind, changed my bind to /buyprevious and it works fine!

Wolf, don't worry, I'm not angry at you. I understand that I might sound really angry sometimes (or all the time depending on your point of view). I can always just vent that anger out by actually shooting (in-game ofcourse!) the people I'm angry at instead of just complaining ;)

EDIT: Forgot to quote Zeprus

Last edited:
Although I haven't played with you, I will give my opinion. The massive amount of reports you're making is a clear proof you're carring about the servers. @The Source listed the rest of the things I could point out as well. It'll be +1 from me. Cheers and good luck.

[voting is not permitted for non-admin users]

Often gets annoyed over small things, and seems to bear grudges.
The chatlog shows multiple instances of temper, but unfortunately it doesn't go far enough back to where I can find direct insults against myself.

Is helpful in the way he constantly reminds everyone to speak english and not spawncamp, but gives off a strong impression of condescension. It seems like he's trying to gain authority over others with his donator tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

The chatlog shows multiple instances of temper, but unfortunately it doesn't go far enough back to where I can find direct insults against myself.

Is helpful in the way he constantly reminds everyone to speak english and not spawncamp, but gives off a strong impression of condescension. It seems like he's trying to gain authority over others with his donator tag.
You know that players only can give their opinion but can't actually vote on applications. Only admins can directly vote on applications.

Fair enough :) What I am saying is true though.
First off, I don't remember ever insulting anyone on the server, I don't know why I would insult you or any other player. I don't even remember meeting you more than once before this whole ban thing, so I have no idea where you got me holding a grudge against you from. Second, it's not my fault that you find telling people to not break the rules condescending, it's just your opinion, nothing else. Third, players can't even vote on applications, but nice try I suppose.
Everyone has their own truth, and yours seems way different from mine.

[voting is not permitted for non-admin users]

Often gets annoyed over small things.
The chatlog shows multiple instances of temper

This is somewhat true, because when he called me onto the Orange server, and this player he called me about, was talking in a foreign language, I didn't notice it at first because there were some heavy battle, but eventually I noticed the chat, and he said:Do something?! or something similar to that, just because I didn't take actions immediately.

Anyhow, the applications looks good, English is also good, and I believe I'll stay neutral, since I do not know you.

As Viking34 stated, he gets annoyed over small things in-game which could be a negative factor if he does get accepted.
Furthermore, while trying to be helpful in-game, by telling people not to spawncamp/speak english/not insult and whatever else, he sounds like he's patronizing the players because, I'm guessing, of his donator status.

I've never seen him break any major rule, might be influenced by his wish to become an admin, but I'd like to remind him to re-read the spawncamping rule.

-Puddin'

As Viking34 stated, he gets annoyed over small things in-game which could be a negative factor if he does get accepted.
Furthermore, while trying to be helpful in-game, by telling people not to spawncamp/speak english/not insult and whatever else, he sounds like he's patronizing the players because, I'm guessing, of his donator status.

I've never seen him break any major rule, might be influenced by his wish to become an admin, but I'd like to remind him to re-read the spawncamping rule.

-Puddin'
Deleted all the offtopic posts following this one.

• Agree
Reactions: Cammy and Tomeno
Changing my vote to a neutral 0 as I was expecting your attitude to become better once you receive some feedback. Sadly it didn't change.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiescha
Like Zeprus said, you did not change your behavior. Changing my vote to neutral 0 as well.

just letting you know that the app is under review and the final result should follow soon.

sorry but i need to decline your app.
major reasons are your behaviour, its not really that what we are aiming for or well said looking for, change it and you might get accepted.
on the other hand your session time and general activity is more than positive.

you might apply again on the 24.12.2015 -> 2 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread