There is a little Guard Ban problem... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,lets see:

I get a Guard Ban for.. I think for micspam. So i get for 1440 min (~2 days).
After 4 days i still cant go in Guard team,cuz: "Guards Ban enforcing on your Steam ID"
So please help me !

1440 mins is 1 day mate.

For a start, this should go in the You Are Banned? section, and should follow the correct steps, ie, list your Steam ID, and any other information.

The ban only applies if you are on the server, when you aren't the timer will stop.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Matth and Supreme
Okay,so i think i wasn't on server when the timer stopped. But what i can do with it ? I still cant go in Guard Team. Someone's said my only hope,one admin remove my guard ban

Random didn't mean that, if you're not on the server when a day has passed, the ban will bug and never expire. What he means is that, when the ban has been issued and you play for an hour, 60 minutes of the 1440 will be used up. When you leave that will stop; and when you rejoin it will start using the time up again. Play for 2 hours, 120 minutes will be removed from what is left.

Etc. etc. Meaning that you will have to play for a full day on the server before the ban expires.

Guard ban is in minutes spent alive. So on top of that you have to play on the server, you have to spend 1440 minutes alive.

Guard ban is in minutes spent alive. So on top of that you have to play on the server, you have to spend 1440 minutes alive.

Well wow. So a day of guard ban equals like 3 weeks of not being a guard. And that's if you play two hours every day, a bit over half of which spent alive.

That's crazy, either guard ban time should be rethought, or the way the minutes are counted should be changed, because that's insane. 1440 minutes of alive time on JB is a loooong time.

Also guard bans are not in the SourceBans databse so you can't edit, view or do anything with them.

And as for the way it's counted, I think it's fine as it is because this forces players to actively play in order to become guards again and active play may (or may not if the player don't want to learn) grant an opportunity to think about the rules to avoid getting banned next time.

Also guard bans are not in the SourceBans databse so you can't edit, view or do anything with them.

And as for the way it's counted, I think it's fine as it is because this forces players to actively play in order to become guards again and active play may (or may not if the player don't want to learn) grant an opportunity to think about the rules to avoid getting banned next time.

I agree with what you say about how it is counted; I don't have a problem with the time. Admins just need to be aware of this and make sure guard bans are a lot shorter than regular bans would be.

A day of guard ban would be like the final step before perm, because it takes a long time to get out of that.

As for editing, if the mentors make the new admins aware of the issue, as long as they're careful there should be no problem. If there does happen to be a one off problem, it could always be undone in the server and then re-applied with a different time.

Random didn't mean that, if you're not on the server when a day has passed, the ban will bug and never expire. What he means is that, when the ban has been issued and you play for an hour, 60 minutes of the 1440 will be used up. When you leave that will stop; and when you rejoin it will start using the time up again. Play for 2 hours, 120 minutes will be removed from what is left.

Etc. etc. Meaning that you will have to play for a full day on the server before the ban expires.
Oookay,thx !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread