The "No Hitting Baiters" rule (1 Viewer)

baconandx

I've been curious about this rule I've seen. I had played Panda for a while, probably say 2018 so I'm not one of those OGs, but I remembered a time when hitting baiters was fine. Now recently the rule has been added and a lot of the time it confuses new players since a majority of jb servers allow hitting baiters which is a fair point. I heard it was applied because of the rebel status system which made sense, but now the rebel status system is practically instant with it lasting for 7 seconds, so whats be the point of having the rule then if the rebel status doesn't have that many consequences now?

So just before a jailbreak admin answers, back in the days of when US jailbreak was in it's infancy (I'd say around 2018, which was about the time you joined) I joined by for the 3rd time to panda community. Travis then resigned, which made me the only jailbreak admin at the time. When I started coming on, the place was still young and had influx of people from different jailbreak communities join. So because of this the rules they are use to followed. So hitting baiters was a thing, killing last red instantly after LR was a thing and re-wardening was a thing. It took a bit to get regulars into the habit of follow panda jailbreak rules, which have been in force since 2013-2014(EU Jailbreak). The no hitting baiters rule has been unchanged since it's first creation.

Of course things are subject to change by just making a suggestion. I will say dealing with 'HE WAS BAITING THATS WHY I HIT HIM FREEEKILLLL' arguments are annoying when I admined on other communities. Much easier to just teamban those that take it too far / don't listen to warnings.

So just before a jailbreak admin answers, back in the days of when US jailbreak was in it's infancy (I'd say around 2018, which was about the time you joined) I joined by for the 3rd time to panda community. Travis then resigned, which made me the only jailbreak admin at the time. When I started coming on, the place was still young and had influx of people from different jailbreak communities join. So because of this the rules they are use to followed. So hitting baiters was a thing, killing last red instantly after LR was a thing and re-wardening was a thing. It took a bit to get regulars into the habit of follow panda jailbreak rules, which have been in force since 2013-2014(EU Jailbreak). The no hitting baiters rule has been unchanged since it's first creation.

Of course things are subject to change by just making a suggestion. I will say dealing with 'HE WAS BAITING THATS WHY I HIT HIM FREEEKILLLL' arguments are annoying when I admined on other communities. Much easier to just teamban those that take it too far / don't listen to warnings.
That seems like a fair reason. I had foggy memories of my earlier years so maybe it was like that. I knew a few people still learning some rules like stuff that happens before the cell doors open doesn't apply. This was just something I was more curious about than wanting change to be made.

I hear all the confusion of new panda players about the new baiters rule and thought of asking. Thanks for clearing it up.

Reactions: Madact
I will say dealing with 'HE WAS BAITING THATS WHY I HIT HIM FREEEKILLLL' arguments are annoying
pretty much hit the nail on the head on this one.

Reactions: Madact
I always had this feeling that REDs gaining a rebel status had something to do with the "no hitting baiters" rule.

Users who are viewing this thread