Accepted The Death Stalker's Admin Application For #01 Duel (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Death Stalker

• Name/Nick:
    • My nickname is [I.S.S.A] The Death Stalker. I change it occasionally, but I always come back to this nick.
    • My real name is Taimoor.
    • My current age is 16. Will become 17 this September.
    • I was born on the 18th of September, 1999 to clarify.
  • Application Permission:
    • None, as I am older than 15 and the server I wish to become an admin on (#01 Duel) is listed on the available positions thread.
  • Steam32 ID:
    • As per steamidfinder.com, it is STEAM_0:0:46926746
  • Timezone And Availability:
    • My timezone is PTZ (Pakistan Time Zone, UTC/GMT +05:00).
    • I am usually available from 15:30-18:00 PTZ on normal days, give or take an hour as homework can be a pain sometimes.
    • I currently have summer holidays from college, up to the 18th of July. So I am available most of the time, generally from 11:30-17:00 PTZ (yeah, I am a really heavy gamer) if other matters do not demand my attention. I do get on after this time as well, but there is no general time for that. I may also be playing other games than TF2, but I can take a break to fill in for my duties if required.
    • One thing I should state, is that there is scheduled power cutting in my region. The times change occasionally, but I might go offline unexpectedly at times. If necessary, I have a backup generator which I can turn on to start my computer. Otherwise, I usually run a UPS.
  • Servers I Play On:
    • I generally stick to the #01 Duel, for which I wish to become an admin. I just love that server. Apart from that, I only sometimes go to #05 Saxton Hale, but I am not regular there.
    • I wish to become an admin for #01, but if needed, I can check out others as well if an admin of that server is not available. However, I will need to update myself first on the rules.
  • Microphone:
    • No, my current headset does not have a microphone.
    • I am looking at a pair of Logitech G230s. They have a mic, so this "no" might become a "yes" in the near future, or whenever I can gather the money.
  • Previous Admin Experience:
    • NONE. To be honest, this would be my first time as an admin, and this IS my first time applying for admin. However, I know the rules and regulations for the server #01, and I'll make sure I do my duty well in an appropriate manner.
  • SourceMod Experience:
    • I have NOT worked with SourceMod before. However, I'll make sure I learn all the commands that are necessary and relevant to my duties.
  • Why Should I Be Chosen:
    • I have zero experience, but I am hardworking and responsible.
    • I really like playing on these servers, and I love #01 particularly. I feel like I must give back to this awesome community in some way, and being a person who can keep the experience beautiful for others by taking care of those who would seek to ruin it would be a good place to start.
    • At times, I personally see multiple cases of people breaking the rules. However, an admin is not always online or available, or sometimes they cannot attend to the matter immediately. I try to warn those who break the rules, and report them if they do not listen (by report, I mean using the !call command). I am sure that as an admin, I can help out in this regard.
  • How I Would Perform My Duties:
    • Micspam/Chatspam:
      • Warn the one guilty 2-3 times, then mute or gag them for 30-60 minutes, depending on the severity (hack ads like the infamous lmaobox or music playing in mic, etc).
    • Racism/Insulting:
      • This really depends on the situation. If it's done lightly or jokingly among friends, I would tell them to keep it as less as possible. If the situation is a lot more severe to the point of excessive hate and extreme insults (which I personally cannot stand, its just a game, after all), I would first warn them once and try to make them understand, then I would gag for 3-12 hours depending on the severity or just kick the offender if he does not listen. In case of the man who was insulted, I would just advise him to keep a cool head, and not fall to the level of the offender and call names back at him.
    • Hacking:
      • In case a person is suspected of hacking by me or the players, I would spectate the one accused and observe him carefully for as much time as necessary (preferably changing my name so he can't turn them off for fear), possibly consult with other admins, and ban him for 24 hours.
      • If a person is clearly hacking, it would be an INSTA-BAN from me for the same duration.
      • As a side note, I am not sure if I should warn these hackers severely or not. I personally prefer banning them. Its pretty severe in itself.
    • Sticky Camping/Spamming:
      • If I personally observe someone stickycamping or spamming from the bottom floor cabinet or just not following the defined rule of reloading atleast 2 bullets/rockets/grenades before attacking again, I would WARN them 2-3 times, and then kick them.
      • In the event that they come back and do it all over again, I shall ban them for 10 hours.
    • Foreign Language Usage:
      • Warn the doer 2 times, at most. Then gag them for 60 minutes if they do not listen. Possibly more if that person is well-known for doing so.
-> The Death Stalker, peace.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot cave, it is good to hear that from you :)

Finally you have decided to apply, Stalker :). Anyway, I had given you permission if that matters

uhuh what should I say? Great player, you know how to behave, good knowldege of rules, helpful and friendly player appreciated by everyone

Sessions are fine, except for the last ones, but I believe they aren't a problem anymore.

Punishments: you have clear ideas on what you're supposed to do. Though when a player is stickycamping we don't kick him; after he got his warnings we proceed to the ban.

I'm sure you will be a good addon to the team and you will do a greatjob +1

Reactions: The Death Stalker
Thanks for your kind words, Zou! If by my last session, you mean the most recent one, aye. Lots of power cutting going on right now, but I think it won't happen anymore till next morning now.

• Hacking:
    • In case a person is suspected of hacking by me or the players, I would spectate the one accused and observe him carefully for as much time as necessary (preferably changing my name so he can't turn them off for fear), possibly consult with other admins, and ban him for 24 hours.
    • If a person is clearly hacking, it would be an INSTA-BAN from me for the same duration.
    • As a side note, I am not sure if I should warn these hackers severely or not. I personally prefer banning them. Its pretty severe in itself.
With the hacking, it's a small recording of the player hacking then a perm ban if they are found to be hacking.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: The Death Stalker
Thanks for clearing that up, Cammy. Appreciate it :)

just letting you know that your app is under review.
pls allow me up to 48h to respond towards it.

accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Zou
should you have any questions let us know.

Reactions: Zou
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread