Declined [TF2 Jail Break] Banned for half a day due to "Command Spam" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonkerbonk

SourceBans Ban URL: Here
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Yonkerbonk
Steam ID: 76561198097628353
Date and Time of the Ban: 07-12-17 17:47
Reason about the Ban: Command Spam
Admin that Banned you: Madact
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
I don't mean to be whiny, yes, I was command spamming, and I'm sorry. I received no warning against it, no prior message telling me not to. I was doing it with no bad intent in mind. The thing is, I've seen people who freekill repeatedly be let off with a simple guard ban, so I'm confused as for the premises on how bans work, on whether those people were let off easy or I was banned too harshly. So, please clarify for me. Thanks for your time.

There's no set procedure; each admin has their own preference on how they want to act upon a rule breaker. Some admins may be perceived as lenient, whereas others are seen as strict.

Based on your case, I'd argue that the ban was justified without a warning. "No spamming" is a generic rule used throughout all games and communities. Not to mention, you had to accept the rules of the community prior playing, and "no spamming" is listed underneath it. And if you happen to be a regular player on the server, then you should know that spamming isn't tolerated.

I received no warning against it, no prior message telling me not to.

I gave you no warning no. I did however tell you you shouldn't use !w when the warden has died mid round just so that you could spam the command 'collisions is turned on' 'collisions is turned off'. I mean come on, did you really think that was ok? I even saw you turn ff on and off at the beginning of your spam.
Going warden JUST to spam the commands is, in my eyes, bannable without warning. I did try to warn you about doing !w in mid round, but you was spamming so much I don't think you even noticed.

The thing is, I've seen people who freekill repeatedly be let off with a simple guard ban

You will be glad to know I've had a discussion with the jailbreak team and we agree freekilling is now a server ban + team ban. Apparently it all ready happened in some cases, but I had no idea it was a thing. So the people who freekill now are bannable, so long as it wasn't an accident / mistake / whatever.

With that I'll leave this open. Don't let me regret leaving it open.

Personally, I wouldn't issue an ungag.

I mean firstly, if Madact thinks you deserved a gag, then so be it. As Cryptic said, every admin has their own way of dealing with the rule-breakers.

Secondly, this is your first gag, and it's only 12 hours. That's not a big deal, in my opinion.

My suggestion is, wait out your 12 hour gag, and don't spam again(and if you're smart and you learn from your mistakes, then I'm sure you won't B-)). I understand you're appealing because you think the gag was sort of unjust, but 12 hours is nothing to be fully honest with you.

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: Lighty and PNN
Personally, I wouldn't issue an ungag.

I mean firstly, if Madact thinks you deserved a gag, then so be it. As Cryptic said, every admin has their own way of dealing with the rule-breakers.

Secondly, this is your first gag, and it's only 12 hours. That's not a big deal, in my opinion.

My suggestion is, wait out your 12 hour gag, and don't spam again(and if you're smart and you learn from your mistakes, then I'm sure you won't B-)). I understand you're appealing because you think the gag was sort of unjust, but 12 hours is nothing to be fully honest with you.

Not being pushy, I'm waiting it out, but it was a ban, not a gag.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty
Not being pushy, I'm waiting it out, but it was a ban, not a gag.
Oh.

Well I just saw spam to be honest, I didn't even realise it was a ban. I was quite tired last night so I apologise for that.

The ban has expired now, so I believe this can be closed.

@Yonkerbonk I apologise again, but I'd have written the same even if I knew it was a ban. Just substitute all the 'gag's for 'ban's B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread