Accepted TBotV63's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBotV63

My name is Tristan, I'm known as TBotV63 and to a lot of players also simply as "Nub."

SteamID32: STEAM_0:0:81290635

I prefer not to disclose my age (however it's above the required age of 15), yet Lighty gave me permission to apply. (I usually jokingly say I'm 5, of course I'm not)

Timezone:

My Timezone is CET/CEST (Germany) and I'm usually available between 3 PM and 10 PM (just to be safe, I'll often be available up to 1 AM or even later on weekends etc.). I play occasionally for 20 mins to a few hours, depending on my mood. I can respond to calls as needed.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?

I typically play on #04 (currently almost 7.5 days of playtime) and occasionally on #19 (~1 day). I'm applying for #04, however I'd gladly visit a broader range of servers, but I am most familiar with the Dodgeball gamemode.

Do you have a microphone?

No, sorry :/

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator:

I have moderated over a short time on several TF2 servers and I moderated / used to moderate reasonably large twitch chats. However as I have no adequate proof to present, for the purpose of this application assume I have no experience.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?

I do have experience with sourcemod and its administration features, however I'm a bit rusty as I haven't really used them a lot recently. So again assume none. However I pick commands etc. up easily and am willing to learn so I don't think learning new commands would be an issue.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?

I am a very calm person and It's hard to anger me. I have good communication skills and I know how to combine and to separate joking and humor and my job / duty. Through some of my work as a team leader I have learned not to become involved in fights and judge fairly. I am also reasonably skilled and experienced in the gamemode Dodgeball and can support players and spot steals easily. I also see my own mistakes and try to work on them and am also very meticulous about the work I do.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I believe that intent should play a role in punishment and thus I would try make it a factor in my punishments.

• Call Abuse: I'd warn the user once and then ban them for four hours.
  • Foreign Language: I'd warn 2 - 3 times and then gag for one hour.
  • Map Abuse: I'd warn twice and then slay them. If they didn't stop I'd ban them for 8 hours.
  • Hacking: I'd permanently ban with adequate evidence. (During the trial phase I'd temporarily ban them and present evidence to my mentor)
  • Spamming: I'd warn the User twice, then give a 4 hour gag.
  • Voice Spamming: I'd warn the User twice, then give a 4 hour mute.
  • Teamkilling: On intentional teamkilling by suicide and other means I'd warn the user once and then ban them for four hours.
  • Blocking: I'd warn a user twice and then give them an eight hour ban.
  • Stealing: I'd punish steals with a slay and a warning, If a user continues to steal / attempt to steal I'd ban them for eight hours. I wouldn't typically punish so-called "saves", however if they happened constantly (for instance due to intentionally awkward positioning) I'd tell the user to move and after that just treat them like regular steals.
If any of these are off, please correct me.

I try to save adequate evidence for every punishment exceeding a slay or kick, such as to be able to back my punishments up.

I admit that my forum activity is fairly low, I'm mostly active in the shoutbox if at all. That is something I'm trying to improve upon. I also have to be careful not to be too sarcastic at times, however I think I've got that one under control.

I've Taken a look through GameME and Pandas blocks and bans... This guy is completely Clean and everything he has said about Timing is also true.
Just some extra notice for those who haven't searched

• Disagree
Reactions: Fiescha and TBotV63
Do you have a microphone?

No, sorry :/
Might I suggest getting a mic? You don't need to have a really good mic or anything just something so you can communicate with people other than just typing as it seems that is all you can do. Communication is a pretty big deal when you are an admin or moderator because you need to be able to talk to people about things such as rules, or if they need help. You can't really just rely on the text chat because some times people don't check it or they may have it turned off so getting a mic of some sort would be a good investment.

Speaking of chat I looked at your chat logs and overall they were good. I didn't find anything bad really except a bit of lenny spam so you might want to take it easy on that.
lenny spam.JPG

Might I suggest getting a mic? *snip* I didn't find anything bad really except a bit of lenny spam so you might want to take it easy on that.

Thanks for the criticism. I kinda thought those would come up. I do sometimes make slightly excessive use of binds, I'll try to avoid that. As for people not reading / seeing chat, I'd argue that people have voice disabled more commonly than chat and that being able so see chat is a basic requirement. I will however look into getting a mic, just no guarantees :)

He has passed requirements, so I've tagged this as pending.

@Lighty @DeadSworn @Nitro4D @TryHard @Cryptic
I know Deadsworn is away, Cryptic is more USA DB and Tryhard is more DB2 but if you 3 have anything to say please do so. I'm definatly expecting feedback from Lighty and Nitro though!

Please if you can post feedback. Please do so within a week for me so we aren't chasing after people when it's decision time :)

Comments:
  • I had the opportunity to play with TBotV63 and klay yesterday. I enjoyed playing with 'em both, even though it was difficult for me to play on #04, and for 'em to play on USA. On USA, they maintained positive attitudes, even though the delay and lag might have been a little frustrating for 'em. Whenever they died, they joked around, instead of raging.
  • I've been handling his recent reports, and judging by his demos, he's always tryna enforce the rules.
  • I barely know the guy, but I can already tell he's a real nice guy. Also, on #04, he seems to be well-known and knows everyone.
Suggestions:
  • As Cerb already stated above, try to tone down on the lennies.
It's a +1 for me. Good luck! :^)

• Friendly
Reactions: TBotV63
Played with you in #19 couple of times And you are friendly enough the only Issue is overusing of lennies Rest all is fine. Your Activity is all fine as Madact Stated above. You passed all the requirements. From my side it is +1 if my vote counts for #04, Good luck!

I had the opportunity to play with TBotV63 and klay yesterday. I enjoyed playing with 'em both, even though it was difficult for me to play on #04, and for 'em to play on USA. On USA, they maintained positive attitudes, even though the delay and lag might have been a little frustrating for 'em. Whenever they died, they joked around, instead of raging.
Cryptic please tell me/us why that^ is important and a reason to +1 the applicant.

Played with you in #19 couple of times And you are friendly enough the only Issue is overusing of lennies Rest all is fine. Your Activity is all fine as Madact Stated above. You passed all the requirements. From my side it is +1 if my vote counts for #04, Good luck!
Why would you give someone who spams lennies give +1 just because he's "friendly enough"? Is that some kind of bias?
Tbot is a guy I've seen on db a lot..recently. He has his sessions and such but before, you rarely knew he was on the server. And even now, he's barely noticable as he doesn't talk thaaat much, it's mostly rule enforcements and well.. lennies. I'd like to say, even though I'm not authorized, that in my opinion he isn't active enough to be admin, I'd give him a -.5. You see, being active atleast on the server is really important. You can't just play the game, occasionally post a lenny, slay a guy and keep playing. Especially in dodgeball, you need to see the steals, blocks, etc. You have to focus on the rulebreakers. You simply cannot just have good sessions and some friends on the server, the playerbase has to respect you as someone, who can possibly administrate dodgeball.

Be more noticable, use less lennies, get some respect by the players and then you're worthy of that position imo (not that it matters).
I am well aware that I shouldn't be posting on here like that, it's just too important to leave it alone.

Tbot is a guy I've seen on db a lot..recently.

Yes, I have recently been playing more. Also, chances are you didn't notice me because I almost always play db under my alias atm. I only started using my actual name again very recently. And with all my sessions and everything, I haven't seen you a whole lot either. So we might just be missing eachother. Also, if you'd like to look at my chat, I toned down my use of lennies quite a bit (as was asked here) and I do talk aside from enforcing rules. Also I'd argue that I'm not entirely unknown on the server, even tho it's somewhat hard to present evidence to back this up.

Cryptic please tell me/us why that^ is important and a reason to +1 the applicant.

It's important 'cause it demonstrates he's a calm guy, and doesn't get triggered so easily. It also demonstrates how he's willing to play on a broader range of servers. He doesn't mind playing on USA, even though it's difficult for him to play with the delay and lag.

Be more noticable, use less lennies, get some respect by the players and then you're worthy of that position imo (not that it matters).

As I stated before, he seems to be well-known and knows a lot of players. When I played on #04 with him, there were numerous people who greeted him, or vice versa. Besides, popularity isn't an important factor of administrating. What is important is that TBotV63 is enforcing the rules, which he clearly is. It can be seen through his numerous player reports and demos.

Don't stress about TBotV63's chat. If you look at his recent chats, you can see he rarely uses lennies anymore. However @Deep, you should be worrying about your own chat, 'cause I'm not fond of how you treat foreign players.
sXHKiCG.png

Why would you give someone who spams lennies give +1 just because he's "friendly enough"? Is that some kind of bias?
The reason why i gave +1 is Because he is capable of being Administrator In #4. It is not about spam Anyone Can change themselves If they Want to. I mentioned in my feedback above that he overuses lennies 'rest all is fine'. Talking about me , 5 Years from now when i was a kid back then and had no administration experience I made my own rules , used to spam as an admin etc. I was removed. After few weeks same server gave me 2nd chance and i was completely a different guy and was promoted to the 2nd top layer of administrator over there (talking about counter strike 1.6) the 'Co-owner' in a time span of 4 months. Its all about experience. there is a reason why people are first kept in trial phase here. I played with Tbot a.k.a Nub. In #04 and i didn't See him spamming from the past 2 days. 'If you want to change yourself you can" if he do not change while he is in Trial. The Administrator of Panda i.e kevin will decide the further Action.

Reactions: Deep
just letting you know that your app is under review.

• Informative
Reactions: TBotV63
accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Lighty, should you have any questions feel free to ask any of us.

Reactions: NicNac and TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread