Accepted Squall's Admin Application. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall

1. Name/Nickname: Squall
  2. Age: 23
  3. Steam2 ID: STEAM_0:1:29670599
  4. Online Times and timezone: I am online between 1830 - 2130 weekdays and 1530 - 2330 weekends - Central Time US.
  5. Do I have a Microphone?: Yes. I predominantly use it. If I'm not feeling well, I choose text chat.
  6. My previous experience in Admin/Mod: I was previously in charge of 6 different administration positions. I was the Co-Owner of BGRP, Bitter Gaming - Head Admin, XTC Owner, Co-Owner of Caveman Gaming, I was Co-Owner of a DarkScape raid clan. I've done previous forum administrations, from when I was younger to now (2001-Current.) I was in charge of delegating duties, planning meetings, keeping orders between TTT and a DarkRP server for 3 months (big deal) , enforcing rules and keeping an active player base by maintaining our steam group profile and updating information, events and activities.
  7. What Panda Community servers do I usually play on?: Primarily US 24/7 Dodgeball.
  8. Do I have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: Fairly, not completely fluent in it.
  9. Why should we choose you?: I see I've earned the respect of most all the Admin(s)/Players on the server. I wouldn't apply if I didn't see this. I have what it takes to enforce the rules, I will not unjustifiably rule someone guilty until it's confirmed injustice. I am a fairly respectful player, I do however have a colorful language. But, its due from the lack of profanity discretion the job field I chose to start a career in. No excuse, just an explanation.
  10. What will I do as Admin?: I will enforce the rules at all times. If there are new players, I'll ask if he's aware of the server rules. If tulle breaking occurs, I will request the user that chose to go against the rules not to go against the rules again. (Ex: I'd provide him a link to the rules or display no stealing on Admin Say, if he/she/Multi-gender from another player. If the other player that was stolen from provides no complaints, I'll deem it alright until there's an issue.) I look at it as if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Happy server, Happy Admin. BodyBlocking will be handled the same way. Map Abusing will be enforced, unless players deem it alright. If any player at all complains about abuse, the next time a player commits map abuse will receive the following: giving 2 warnings (depending on accidental), 1 slay, warn again, 1 slay. If excessively abusing 60min ban, if returns and continues 2x the ban on return.
I've been hesitant in considering this application, failure to meet the standards of what Panda Community requests will not interfere with my enjoyment of The Panda Community server. I just think better applying my time by having the capabilities of making the decision of saying yes or no when there is an issue with rule breaking and player relations.

P.S. -Thanks everyone for your time, assistance prior to my application and all the support of my friends I've met here.

Squall.

He's past requirements so I've changed it to pending.

@Cryptic @Luigi123

I do have something to say about the applicant and I might ask questions later on, but I would like to hear from the people that play on the same server as him first.

'bout time you applied.

I've been playing with Squall in-game here and there and he'd pretty much be good as an admin (though you have some small problems you can solve). Squall enforces the rules a lot on mic and in chat. He is also very talkative and friendly towards the people he likes.

You are mostly known by most of the USADB community. Are you going to treat everyone the same? As in, not punishing your friends or giving them "a couple more warnings" compared to the new people who will be punished right away.

There are some issues I want to address.

You're sometimes rude towards others.

UAR5av2.png

89e6Mf7.png

Don't put cheating websites in the chatbox pls

9ZpTZjm.png

EDIT: Hopefully you have changed from then, it was kind of a while ago anyway. Hope you aren't saying this stuff over mic.

I will enforce every rule laterally when giving punishment; friends, new players to come and even people I might not get along with. If I'm putting forth good effort into a server and my job is to provide a supportive position to this server, why would I cause chaos in dividing the server with injustice?(rhetorically speaking) I believe if you put effort into something make it art. I will be nothing less than successful with providing fair judgement for any issue. I do not discriminate in any aspect whatsoever.
In reference to those messages, this was towards 2 incredibly rude individuals who were being rude to me and the rest of the server. The correction (*) is in reference to the same guy saying "trolled autismal faggot." I was correcting him for being a idiot to everyone in the server, I can't give a specific name due to these guys being on one particular month. However, I am just colorful with my language over mic. I'm rude over the mic as well, but not harassing. I'm mean to people that destroy me, but it's clearly because I was showing I was salty. However, my mindset will be altered around being a leader rather than another player. But anyways, I always try and keep good vibes. Only when someone is rude or rude to regulars/new players of the server is when I'm genuinely rude. (Just a little protective) I will NOT use poor language and negative feedback as an admin, that's one of the reasons I hesitated was to make sure my mind is right before applying. I appreciate the feedback @Capri, I'll be sure not to let ya down if I'm provided this opportunity.

I will enforce every rule laterally when giving punishment; friends, new players to come and even people I might not get along with. If I'm putting forth good effort into a server and my job is to provide a supportive position to this server, why would I cause chaos in dividing the server with injustice?(rhetorically speaking) I believe if you put effort into something make it art. I will be nothing less than successful with providing fair judgement for any issue. I do not discriminate in any aspect whatsoever.
In reference to those messages, this was towards 2 incredibly rude individuals who were being rude to me and the rest of the server. The correction (*) is in reference to the same guy saying "trolled autismal faggot." I was correcting him for being a idiot to everyone in the server, I can't give a specific name due to these guys being on one particular month. However, I am just colorful with my language over mic. I'm rude over the mic as well, but not harassing. I'm mean to people that destroy me, but it's clearly because I was showing I was salty. However, my mindset will be altered around being a leader rather than another player. But anyways, I always try and keep good vibes. Only when someone is rude or rude to regulars/new players of the server is when I'm genuinely rude. (Just a little protective) I will NOT use poor language and negative feedback as an admin, that's one of the reasons I hesitated was to make sure my mind is right before applying. I appreciate the feedback @Capri, I'll be sure not to let ya down if I'm provided this opportunity.

Just a heads up, dealing with rude people shouldn't really be in your way while playing or administrating. Responding rudely back wouldn't help the problem between you, the person, and the rest of the server (just makes it worse tbh). Instead of calling the person names, either ignore it or defend yourself "nicely."Calling people dumbasses will just make you seem childish. Maybe you could tone it down a bit. Anyways, if anyone comes on and acts like a complete asshole towards everyone, just report them
on here and it'll be taken care of :)

I understand, I will refrain from making negative remarks towards any player. Wasn't in my intent to make matters worse, just put disrespectful people in disrespected people's shoes. fight fire with fire, to say. I do completely understand it makes me look childish. I'll prevent these actions for future related events.

Reactions: Capri
Even though my opinion will not count I want to say that Squall is usually not rude. Also, he uses his mic often and is just a positive active player. He also does enforce rules through the mic. I think Squall would make a good admin. Anyway good luck Squall!

No previous comms or bans
His Info: https://gameme.panda-community.com/playerinfo/2827776

Hey there,
Glad you decided to apply for admin which tells me you are worthy of becoming an Admin, but moving on.

From my recent gameplay with you, I do believe your a nice guy, enforces rules and such, however I do see you disrespecting players a little which is not a good sign, I do know you were defending yourself, however as Capri said above, tone it down a little and settle these circumstances in a nice and mature way, as an Admin, you should treat others the same way and respond back nicely.

Your enforcement is decent, however I do not really see that much enforcement, I mostly see it from your mic, but not often.

Overall, you have shown a great app and put some effort into it, however I would like to see some more enforcement and some more respect from you, as of now, I am staying Neutral.

Edit by Madact: Luigi has changed his vote to +1 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to US occasionally and as far I've seen Squall is friendly, supportive and alyways contributes to a welcoming environment. As far as enforcement goes, I haven't seen that much enforcement and when Squall does enforce he seems to do so over mic (something I think is good). You might want to improve that a little.

But due to the fact that I don't admin on usdb and only go there very occasionally I'm not in a position to vote. Still, best of luck with your application.

@Luigi123, I understand where you're coming from entirely with the lack of empathy with speaking to others, but I don't do it for the intent of emotionally scarring anyone.

However, I do enforce the rules quite often. Almost every time there's an issue that I am aware of; whether it's due to stealing, spamming or body blocking usually it's stopped. I never really have/had too many issues with players listening to me. (from my eyes)
Also, I didn't see the requirements as far as messaging others not to steal. I've addressed matters through messages, but that's only done if I have no response from the individual. If I can address the issue through the mic and they are responsive in that matter, then the problem is normally settled. (If they stop, good if they don't report/call) That's normally how I've always addressed issues. Enforcement should always be through the most effective way of getting your point across. Mine happens to be through a microphone, I apologize if that isn't sufficient enough.

I appreciate your time towards my application, see you on the server.

@Luigi123, I understand where you're coming from entirely with the lack of empathy with speaking to others, but I don't do it for the intent of emotionally scarring anyone.

However, I do enforce the rules quite often. Almost every time there's an issue that I am aware of; whether it's due to stealing, spamming or body blocking usually it's stopped. I never really have/had too many issues with players listening to me. (from my eyes)
Also, I didn't see the requirements as far as messaging others not to steal. I've addressed matters through messages, but that's only done if I have no response from the individual. If I can address the issue through the mic and they are responsive in that matter, then the problem is normally settled. (If they stop, good if they don't report/call) That's normally how I've always addressed issues. Enforcement should always be through the most effective way of getting your point across. Mine happens to be through a microphone, I apologize if that isn't sufficient enough.

I appreciate your time towards my application, see you on the server.

I hope you don't mind me saying but we use warnings on the chat because then it is in logs and the players doesn't have the excuse of 'I have no speakers ayyy lmao' :p

You can always jam pack them both. If you do get accepted, binds really help out so you don't have to type out anything.

But that isn't important right now. Though it is nice to see admin like qualities I don't think someone should be grilled now just on how they warn.

• Informative
Reactions: Squall
Thank you @Madact. I'll be sure to incorporate your suggestion of binding rules to keys if given the opportunity to adminstrate.

Reactions: Madact
I'm tryna imagine how USDB would be, if you and @Plumpy became admins :kappa:

Comments:
  • Although it's not evident, Squall enforces the rules predominantly over mic. I always hear him calling out rulebreakers, mainly stealers and bodyblockers.
  • He's a nice and respectful guy; however, there are some cases when he's not. From my experience, those cases occur rarely.
  • He's honest and takes accountability for his wrongs. When he accidently stole, he informed me about it and asked to be slain. Being the best admin I can be, I took this opportunity to pimp slap him to his death :kappa:. This may also be seen through his application itself. He's aware of his colorful language, and is willing to change his behavior.
Suggestions:
  • You prob'ly haven't heard this yet, but you should tone down your language, when it comes dealing with troublesome players. I checked your chatlog, and here are some recent things I've found:
v0if.JPG
cmw6.JPG

Also, while handling reports/demos, I noticed you insulting players via mic. I'd suggest you toning it down on the mic as well. If any admins would like to watch the demos, just hit me up with a message.

I'm gonna stay neutral, until I see an improvement in your language. Goodluck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A regular player directly gave me feedback through Steam message, and requested to stay anonymous. It's quite long and broken down into bits, so I'm gonna break it down into sections, and remove things I find unneccessary:

"I played with Squall, he's a good guy/player, enforces rules and such, HOWEVER I don't think he would be fit as a Panda admin. Whenever Luigi misses a slay, he kind of gets mad and starts to talk about how he isn't doing his job properly. But think about it, he didn't see the player steal, and a quote from a former admin once told him, "Don't trust anyone." I agree with that. I can just say a dude stole the rocket and he gets slayed. He didn't see him steal, so just chill and move on."

"Squall would disrespect Luigi-ish. Luigi was doing something then comes back hearing Squall complain how he didn't see him steal. He says this, "You slay --- because he stole, but you don't slay him? Dude, I'm part of the fucking army." He will get mad when something doesn't go his way. Another one of his chat, which I checked, it not really something you want to see. He says he's defending himself, but as an admin, you should settle this in a formal and mature way, instead of insulting or saying bad stuff back to them."

"I created an alt. He says I'm hacking. Starts to get cranky-ish and starts to say on the mic how easy I am to kill. Then he changes his mind and says I'm not hacking. Now you may think this isn't a big deal, but it is. Identifying a hacker is a major skill needed for admin. If you're not able to identify a hacker, you might as well call him good and defend him how he isn't. I saw and told you and Luigi about hackers on the server. You banned his ass too. Squall says like "Wow nice catch" and says little things how good he is on the mic. But it turns out he was hacking. Squall is not able to identify a hacker accurately. Letting the hacker dominate your server could be idk BAD."

Reactions: Capri and Deep
"I played with Squall, he's a good guy/player, enforces rules and such, HOWEVER I don't think he would be fit as a Panda admin. Whenever Luigi misses a slay, he kind of gets mad and starts to talk about how he isn't doing his job properly. But think about it, he didn't see the player steal, and a quote from a former admin once told him, "Don't trust anyone." I agree with that. I can just say a dude stole the rocket and he gets slayed. He didn't see him steal, so just chill and move on."

This has only occurred maybe a total of 2-3 times. One of the times this has happened is when a certain individual was directly in front of me (5 feet in real life terms) and the individual did what he had to do to stay alive. Failure was slain, so I kinda was like, "Hey that wasn't cool, you probably want to respawn him. There was no way of him avoiding the rocket." Then, immediately following someone was stolen from, then wasn't slain. So that was where I lost my cool. The other time(s) I can not validate the reason as to why I addressed @Luigi123 in that manner, for that I'm sorry. Fairness was something I harped on in my application, so understand why I would get upset about that.

"Squall would disrespect Luigi-ish. Luigi was doing something then comes back hearing Squall complain how he didn't see him steal. He says this, "You slay --- because he stole, but you don't slay him? Dude, I'm part of the fucking army." He will get mad when something doesn't go his way. Another one of his chat, which I checked, it not really something you want to see. He says he's defending himself, but as an admin, you should settle this in a formal and mature way, instead of insulting or saying bad stuff back to them."

Not once did I ever address me being "in the fucking army" to anyone, so make sure the resource(s) used are reliable. I used I am in the army ONCE, because these kids that were on being rude, said I was a lazy nobody with no job, same guys I address about above. So I address me being in the military, being that IS my job. Just like anyone else claiming their job, if someone deemed you worthless.

"I created an alt. He says I'm hacking. Starts to get cranky-ish and starts to say on the mic how easy I am to kill. Then he changes his mind and says I'm not hacking. Now you may think this isn't a big deal, but it is. Identifying a hacker is a major skill needed for admin. If you're not able to identify a hacker, you might as well call him good and defend him how he isn't. I saw and told you and Luigi about hackers on the server. You banned his ass too. Squall says like "Wow nice catch" and says little things how good he is on the mic. But it turns out he was hacking. Squall is not able to identify a hacker accurately. Letting the hacker dominate your server could be idk BAD."

I say someone's hacking due to them being better at the game than me. It's primarily a joke, but its normally how I respond. Do I report? Call an Admin? No. I'm salty, but that's where my personality goes when I lose. I jokingly claim someone is a hacker. Ask the entire community, if someone kills me I jokingly say that. Please, if anything ask them that. I am not going to rejoice the fact I am dying to someone else on an alt account. Alt account's aren't necessarily something you'd assume someone be good with dodgeball, due to the time played/profile in general.

I've been hesitant in considering this application, failure to meet the standards of what Panda Community requests will not interfere with my enjoyment of The Panda Community server. I just think better applying my time by having the capabilities of making the decision of saying yes or no when there is an issue with rule breaking and player relations.

Back to the initial post, there's a reason a hesitated, yet again. I felt I made this fairly known several times throughout my application. I don't come in to the role of an admin with the same initiative as I did before when I wasn't an admin. I have to get my mind right in order to see myself fulfill that role. I can see me fulfill that role, I've administrated before and I understand what views and actions that need to be taken in order to set a good example. I clown around 90% of the time because that's what you are suppose to do as a player, fun-around and joke; have fun. Admin's are suppose to ensure that happens, but within the limits of the rules. I know how to draw the boundary of joking around and taking things serious. That's why I constantly sound like a jerk, lately; because I am taking the server a bit more serious when it comes to rules. (seriousness comes off rude) At times I still goof off, but there is a time and a place for that. If my sarcasm for calling players are hackers are too much, tone/verbage is too rude for players, language is too vivid for players and me pointing out when fairness needs to be placed is out of line; I apologize. I just have a different view as admin than others. I do however still believe I could justifiably fulfill a role as an admin. I've yet to fall short in any of my roles I've been set in, I wouldn't start now.

@Cryptic thank you for considering my application.

I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I think Squall would be a great admin. He often enforces the rules, he's a really nice guy, he's on often, and he doesn't usually snap towards people who don't provoke and berate others. When he does snap at people though it's never in a "Roast" type of way he just, like he said, often fights fire with fire and doesn't continue to tell them off when they have stopped. If Squall became an admin many of the people who break the rules, especially in regard to chat, would get what's coming to them (I.E. mutes/gags). I know what I say doesn't matter on a voting scale but US 24/7 Dodgeball needs more admins and I think Squall is a man for the job.

P.S. I think that his ideas on how he would enforce the rules are ideal and he's smart for thinking of them.

Last edited:
In light of the feedback given, it looks like both @Luigi123 and @Cryptic want to see improvements from you, because of this I'm going to put this on hold till you've had enough time to improve on what these admins desire. So you will be considered in the next wave of application process rather than the one coming up (whenever that is) which is plenty of time.

I hope you understand. Thank you for your application and lengthy responses to feedback. Application will reopen once time has past.

Reactions: Capri and Squall
accepted, welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @Cryptic, should you have any questions feel free to ask.

Reactions: Squall and TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread