Accepted Spanky's Admin Application for TX Dodgeball Server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankyworld

So... this is my second application to become admin on this same exact server. I hope it works out.

Name or/and Nickname:

Spankyworld or Spanky for short. If you dislike my nickname. Welp. You can create a nickname for me. I'll be fine with it. My name in actuality is Daniel.

Fourteen years old. (._. )

Who gave you permission to apply as Admin?

Luigi123.

Your Steam32 ID:

STEAM_0:0:123115902

Your general online times and time zone:

I'm typically on everyday unless I have guests or I work with my parents in our business.
On Sundays I wouldn't be on for religious purposes. Sometimes I'm not on the server is to the fact I'm on casual, comp, or MVM. My time zone is CST-6:00. Estimated times I would usually be on is 16:00 to 22:00. If I can get on early it's 11:00 to 22:00. Around those times.

Which server do you wish to apply for admin on? Would you visit other servers incase of a report?

The TX Panda Dodgeball Server is the server I wish to apply for admin. Best dodgeballs there.
I would visit any other Panda Servers incase of a Report.

Do you own a Mic?

Sadly no. Darn.

Your previous experience as an Admin or Moderator:

No. Watching other admins in the dodgeball server deal with players is my only experience.

Do you have experience of SourceMods?

No. I can learn how to use them if it's a must.

Why should we have you on our team?

This dodgeball server is a great place to simply play some dodgeball. New players may come in and accept that they read the rules of the game, yet some may fail to follow them. I want to ensure and enforce that these rules are followed, so that people may enjoy playing dodgeball like myself. Checking and enjoying is the way I like to do it.

How will you do your job as Admin?

How I will deal with stealers

For those who steals rockets two warnings with slay. I will kick if they persistently steal after my two warnings. Rejoining the server to then once again steal is a ban. Although under different circumstances to which a player happens to be on the rocket's course and was going to die if let be it would be fine to steal. (May happen often if the server is full of players). If the player is purposely doing it to steal, or is near by and attempting to steal. Three warnings, but the second and third warnings will be accompanied with a slay. Fourth and very last warning will be kick. Rejoining the server to do as stated will be a ban.

How I will deal with Mic and Chat spams

Mic spamming after one warning and continuing even after the warning or increasing the volume of said mic spam. Is a gag. Chat spamming with binds or one letter text from the span of one second to the next is two warnings then chat gag (if such a command exist if not then kick).

How I will deal with hackers

Someone who was reported to be hacking will be investigated under spooky spec mode where no one would see me join. After investigation if the evidence given to me is false then I will question the person who called for admin. (It might be a good player that is just having a good jolly ole day). If the evidence is very vague I will change my name and profile picture and play on the opposite team. To further investigate if the player is hacking. I will further question him. Asking him is he hacking? Pressure him to an extent. But if he comes out clean and the evidence is false. Well. It's false. (I truly despise hackers, but I also despise false accusations on a player). If I come to a conclusion that he is truly hacking it will be an IP ban if he continues to say he's not hacking when evidence say otherwise. (If the player doesn't talk to the questions then It'll be IP ban if evidence proves so). If the player says he's hacking and pleads to not be banned. There will be a moment of silence from me. Then he's gone with a ban. Hacking is hacking. And that's a ban.

How I will deal with harsh text

Harsh language is fine unless presented to be cruel to one's radical opinion or offensive to one's race. Nothing will happen. Unless that's all they're saying and it's truly just disgusting blob of words then warning. Then kick.

How I will deal with TK and Body Blocking

If the player orbits his rocket and have purposeful intentions on ramming that rocket to their teammate's face or butthole then slay right then and there with a single warning. If the player dies with his teammate then slay on the next round and warning. If the player does it again then a kick will be issued. If an enemy opponent who so happens to be "cqc" with you and while you orbit they decide to run up to the rocket and touch it. The rocket explodes doesn't harm the opponent, but kills you. That's a warning and a slay. Two warnings with slay and that will be a kick.

That's pretty much how I will do my job. If there may be other ways for a player to break any rules I will properly find a right judgement for so. I hope you will recruit me in your team of admins.
~Spanky

Do you have any dank binds that can be annoying?

Uh. I have a Dank memes bind, a Darn bind and a CIRCLES bind. That's it. Please don't hurt me.

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic and Bass
Last edited by a moderator:
gameME / Sessions / Chat

Bans / Comms

We won't hurt you (maybe), but it's not nice to see someone who is applying for admin using binds - whatever they are.

@Luigi123 @Pricholas @YourBiggestFan
I try not spam binds too much. Although, maybe I do. I usually use it on certain occasions. If it comes down to a 1v1 I would ask the opponent if they wanted to CIRCLES. If they say no. I would say Darn. Dank memes is for welp. Just random times. I hope it's not too spam.

Reactions: SharpTips
Spankyworld has indeed been with the server for some time. Im sure he has seen the admins at work, and knows the most commonly broken rules. I enjoyed his interpretation of /stealth as "spooky spec mode" ahaha. And again I will voice that TX dodgeball could use more staff.
I assume the other admins here will be judging you for your chat history and bans if you have any. Good luck!

Reactions: Bass
I try not spam binds too much. Although, maybe I do. I usually use it on certain occasions. If it comes down to a 1v1 I would ask the opponent if they wanted to CIRCLES. If they say no. I would say Darn. Dank memes is for welp. Just random times. I hope it's not too spam.
I understand it's occasional, and your binds aren't offensive or anything, but it's still considered spam. Though, it is not nearly as bad as it could be.

Regardless, I'd advise you to cut down on your usage of them.

• Useful
Reactions: Spankyworld
I have to say that I play on dodgeball TX fairly often and I have never seen this player on there.

I have to say that I play on dodgeball TX fairly often and I have never seen this player on there.
I saw you in dodgeball. I guess I just haven't talked to you.

Hey Spanky, thank you for trying to apply. Your application looks nice.

Pros
Sometimes reminds players of rules if stealing. Uses the call admin feature as well.
2. Friendly and Pretty Active.
3. No bans/No comms, and has good knowledge of the rules.

Cons
Overuse of binds such as "Dank memes" and "CIRCLES" they are okay binds to have, but you overuse them to the point of spam. (Though I did notice in your recent chat history you keep using the binds, but not as much). Also, I did advice you to cut back in the amount of times you use "Dank Memes" and "CIRCLES" in your first admin application.

That is all I have really for pros and cons. Spanky is an overall kind player who knows, follows, and reminds players of the rules. He does use binds often, but it's nothing offensive. It's something that can be worked and okay to have if not overused. Overall I'm going to stay neutral on this.

Edit: With what Luigi said I say it's safe to say it's a +1 for me

Last edited:
  • Useful
Hi there, thanks for applying!

I have seen you play on the server numerous times and I have to say, you are a respectful players who knows the rules well enough to become an admin. I don't believe you have swear'd on the server, however my time is short on checking chats/replying to apps. Because of all this, I do not believe I have any major cons about you Spanky, except your binds/enforcing, however i would be ok with little enforcement.

Its better to slay them 2-3 times after each warning then ban. An old Admin have done this and it did not workout so well. Kicking them is something I don't find it useful as a ban will tell them that by doing the same actions over and over, you will be permanently banned.

Binds are acceptable, however overusing it every round is probably something you should tone it down. Although the binds you have are not offensive or somewhat, you should tone it down.(Was not in anyway hurting you)

Overall, I do believe you would be a good fit for an Admin as again, I barely have any cons on you except your binds. I love to see players applying for Admin who do not have numerous mistakes that would effect their app, however little mistakes are something you can work on(binds that are not offensive or somewhat), with that being said along with asking my #1 go to person for admin apps, my vote will be a +1!

Last edited:
  • Useful
Hi there, thanks for applying!

I have seen you play on the server numerous times and I have to say, you are a respectful players who knows the rules well enough to become an admin. I don't believe you have swear'd on the server, however my time is short on checking chats/replying to apps. Because of all this, I do not believe I have any major cons about you Spanky, except your binds/enforcing, however i would be ok with little enforcement.

Its better to slay them 2-3 times after each warning then ban. An old Admin have done this and it did not workout so well. Kicking them is something I don't find it useful as a ban will tell them that by doing the same actions over and over, you will be permanently banned.

Binds are acceptable, however overusing it every round is probably something you should tone it down. Although the binds you have are not offensive or somewhat, you should tone it down.(Was not in anyway hurting you)

Overall, I do believe you would be a good fit for an Admin as again, I barely have any cons on you except your binds. I love to see players applying for Admin who do not have numerous mistakes that would effect their app, however little mistakes are something you can work on(binds that are not offensive or somewhat), with that being said along with asking my #1 go to person for admin apps, my vote will be a +1!
Alright! Thanks for your helpful tips! I will make sure to slay multiple times as a punishment of breaking the rules with every warning, but is there a timed ban? Where the ban will last for a few days instead of a perma ban. The timed ban might teach them that the admins are not afraid of banning anyone who disrupts the rules of the game. Unless perma ban is the best way to enforce rules then I will use it.

Alright! Thanks for your helpful tips! I will make sure to slay multiple times as a punishment of breaking the rules with every warning, but is there a timed ban? Where the ban will last for a few days instead of a perma ban. The timed ban might teach them that the admins are not afraid of banning anyone who disrupts the rules of the game. Unless perma ban is the best way to enforce rules then I will use it.

If you get accepted, you will be provided with all the information.

Silorak has also PM me on the forums.

So in that case, this app will be set under review.

accepted welcome in the team.

your mentor during your trial phase will be @YourBiggestFan should you have any questions feel free to ask anyone of us.

Reactions: TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread