Spammers on dm_duel (1 Viewer)

Eraserhead

Beginner
I love your server and map.

But i'd really would like to see a voteban option or option to call an admin when someone is standing next to the resupply locker for 2 hours spamming nades.

inb4 vote ban abusers.

We do have an option to call an admin. You use it by typing /call in the chat and then following the instructions. Unfortunately, as we have 5 admins compared to the 100 reports a day we receive, we do not take that many of them. Another cause of us not taking reports is that 3/4th of them are people whining about nothing (e.g. somebody in Dodgeball steals two of their rockets, they haven't told the person to stop yet, then they report them for stealing already. And if we go there nothing is going on anymore).

Ron is developing a plugin to prevent excessive rocket spamming. It will not completely remove or disable it so to speak, but it will make it a lot less effective and/or attractive for people to do, so we hope that that will lessen it by a good amount.

EDIT: also yes. We had a system of votes infused once. On the same day a young kid got votemuted for no reason. Well, being young. Aside from that he was just speaking normally, and English too. It just gets abused all the time, and maybe a system like that works in a big community like Skial, but I don't think we are ready for it.

I admit that voteban abuse is something that can happen, how we did it on our server was to make the vote cooldown so it can't be spammed and make the voting options like this:

Kick player XXXX?

1.No
2.Nein!
3.Yes

That way you don't have accidental votes of people just spamming the 1 key. There is also a plugin that allows you to issue a !vuln command on players which strips their weapons and disables self kill. Quite fun.

But yeah, a plugin is the best way to go in most cases.

I've been playing more on your server and it's always the same people who are spamming. Could someone please check the admin calls i did and start banning some of them?

Problem with admin calls is and has always been the lack of useful reports, as I stated in my earlier post as well.
If you effectively want something to happen you should probably add an admin.

Didn't get an add from you. I'm dutch yes.

Users who are viewing this thread